+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super visa paper application passport sent upfront - good idea?

manan.parikh

Star Member
Oct 6, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-12-2014
Doc's Request.
02-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
Hi,

I applied for my mom's super visa (Paper application from Bangalore VO). Just have a quick question though, as this thought just occurred to me. I sent the passport upfront along with medicals. I thought it would be a good idea, but now I am (perhaps over-) thinking, was it wise?

Any thoughts from people? :)

Thanks in advance.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

Not sure what you're overthinking. For paper applications, you must submit the passport along with the application. Otherwise the app is not considered as complete.... and processing will not start

Cheers

manan.parikh

Star Member
Oct 6, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-12-2014
Doc's Request.
02-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
Bryanna said:
Hi,

Not sure what you're overthinking. For paper applications, you must submit the passport along with the application. Otherwise the app is not considered as complete.... and processing will not start

Cheers
Hey thanks for the response! You really are active here! Good on you!

While what you said is true for visitor's visa, generally in a super visa (although it behaves like a TRV) they generally send in a PPR after they process the file. As I said I am overthinking may be, but just wondering if anyone has done this before? (I thought I was being smart to send upfront meds and passport to reduce the transit time). I am perhaps just a wee bit worried about them losing the damn passport.

Keep up the good work Ma'am! I am sure everyone appreciates the effort you're putting in.

Cheers

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Believe me, VFS and visa offices do not lose any passport. The same is true for Blue Dart couriers. There are more chances of losing passports ourselves than with these guys.

So, relax. Hopefully, you'll get her passport stamped with the super visa soon :)

manan.parikh

Star Member
Oct 6, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-12-2014
Doc's Request.
02-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
Bryanna said:
Believe me, VFS and visa offices do not lose any passport. The same is true for Blue Dart couriers. There are more chances of losing passports ourselves than with these guys.

So, relax. Hopefully, you'll get her passport stamped with the super visa soon :)
Lol, thanks for the morale booster! Guess an empty mind is the devil's workshop?! :p

Anyways you have yourself a good evening!

manan.parikh

Star Member
Oct 6, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-12-2014
Doc's Request.
02-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
@Bryanna : Just an update, it worked! Mom got the passport back with the Supervisa. And yes, I was overthinking! :)

chucky44

Feb 8, 2015
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
30-06-15
AOR Received.
02-08-15
File Transfer...
31-08-15 and Kingston started Process 9-9-15
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
22-04-15
Interview........
11-08-16 and got interview e-mail 07-07-16
Passport Req..
11-08-16
VISA ISSUED...
11-08-16
LANDED..........
22-08-16
hello everyone i am new here i am a pr in canada and want to bring my mom here what is the first step?

Kawal_supervisa

Star Member
Jan 29, 2017
Hi Bryanna,

I see you have been actively responding to a lot of super visa queries and helping others. God bless you and keep it up. I too have a lot of doubts before applying for my parents visa . Would you guide me as well. My father has suffered with nephrotic syndrome and autoimmune disorder like SLE. He had been ill and hospitalized in 2011 and 2013 due to some complications arising out of that and He still shows 2+ protein loss in his urine routine. So am worried whether I should go for applying for super visa for him or just TRV. The problem is that he is retired and only has an average saving jointly with my mom to show as well. The property they have is also in my moms name due to tax reasons. He has also not filed any itr for last 3 years. I want to know whether I can still provide all my financial documents to support his application even in case of TRV, and not use any of his own. I am afraid that my moms visa also does not get rejected due to my father medical. Other possibility is to apply for their visa one by one. Super visa for my mom and then visitor for dad . Which shud be done first? Any help or guidance is appreciated.

Thanks
Kawal