+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa online application - Finance related question

Mar 25, 2010
Hello guys, request your help:

We are applying for my inlaws' super visa online from Canada (they are in India)....

1. When I filled out the online questionnaire and looked at the documents checklist (online); I was surprised to see that they asked for only OUR financial documents (T4, NOA etc)...there was NO category where we could include her parents' financial documents?

2. Does that mean, that for super visa - only the invitees' financial status is necessary; and NOT the applicants'?

3. If that's the case; what $$ amount should be included in the application form - is it the Applicants' liquid financial assets? If so, how do I upload their supporting financial documents? There is no "other document" or "financial documents of applicants" category online in the document checklist..

4. Or should I include OUR (Invitees') liquid assets in their application form?

5. Say for a ballpark figure; what would be the minimum liquid assets required for the parents to show w.r.t their finances?

Since you have gone through the process of applying for supervisa online; would really appreciate if you could help out.

Thanks in advance!!

nash_avatar

Star Member
Jul 8, 2011
Brampton , Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Buffalo , USA
App. Filed.......
23 Nov 2011
Passport Req..
12/12/12
VISA ISSUED...
19/12/2012
LANDED..........
09-02-2013
logicisoverrated said:
Hello guys, request your help:

We are applying for my inlaws' super visa online from Canada (they are in India)....

1. When I filled out the online questionnaire and looked at the documents checklist (online); I was surprised to see that they asked for only OUR financial documents (T4, NOA etc)...there was NO category where we could include her parents' financial documents?

Your Financial Doc will be good enough. If you meet the requirement.

2. Does that mean, that for super visa - only the invitees' financial status is necessary; and NOT the applicants'?
They dont have to provide but as you mentioned your in Laws you should provide your marriage certificate.

3. If that's the case; what $$ amount should be included in the application form - is it the Applicants' liquid financial assets? If so, how do I upload their supporting financial documents? There is no "other document" or "financial documents of applicants" category online in the document checklist..

4. Or should I include OUR (Invitees') liquid assets in their application form?

5. Say for a ballpark figure; what would be the minimum liquid assets required for the parents to show w.r.t their finances?

Since you have gone through the process of applying for supervisa online; would really appreciate if you could help out.

Thanks in advance!!

nash_avatar

Star Member
Jul 8, 2011
Brampton , Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Buffalo , USA
App. Filed.......
23 Nov 2011
Passport Req..
12/12/12
VISA ISSUED...
19/12/2012
LANDED..........
09-02-2013
logicisoverrated said:
For super visa - can we indicate our (invitees) funds in the IMM5257E form? Instead of putting in my inlaws (applicant) funds?
If I am not wrong then you are talking about "Funds available for my stay (CAD)" field.
I cant say for sure what should you put there.
IMO, this field is irrelevant, if you are already providing support letter and financial document. Also whatever number you put there, they didnt ask for any proof of document for it.
I suggests you to put your inlaws available fund there, anything between 5K to 10K should be a good number.

Stealth07

Aug 15, 2012
Hi , need some help on supervisa here
My dad is here on visitor visa which will expire in October 2014. I want to apply his supervisa from within Canada, but lets suppose if he gets his stay extended for 2 years (supervisa). Will he need to do a country out to validate his supervisa (or do a flagpole) or will he be getting a visitor record for 2 years in which case there is no need to do a country out. He does not have a visitor visa to USA if he has to do a country out and i dont want to send him back to india just to step out and back in to canada.

Any help is much appreciated!