+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super visa name mismatch problem

lazycrazyboon

Star Member
Apr 27, 2016
Hi Guys, I am in a bind here and wondering if somebody can help -
I am a PR in Canada and plan to apply for Super visa for my parents soon but my Mom's passport (from India) is expired and my Dad's passport has his name slightly different than what is mentioned under the Spouse column on my Mom's passport. My passport has the same name mentioned under my father's name column as what's mentioned on my Mom's passport.
So I am wondering- While I am renewing my mother's passport, should I get her spouse name corrected match it exactly how it on my Dad's passport and at the same time I will do the same for my passport( get it corrected to match it with how it is on my Dad's passport).
Here is a more tabular version of the situation -

Mom's Passport -
Spouse Name - Ramesh Singh Bhadauria

Dad's Passport -
Given name - Ramesh Singh
SurName - ________________ <-- No Surname. Surname is empty.

Son's(The main Sponsor) Passport -
Name of father - Ramesh Singh Bhadauria

What is the best solution here? The end goal is to get a super-visa for my parents. How can I make it easy for myself?

A) If I let it all be as it is and provide a "one and the same person" affidavit when I apply for the super-visa. The affidavit would be provided by my father attesting that "Ramesh Singh" and "Ramesh Singh Bhadauria" are one and the same person. Would that suffice?
B) Try and correct both my mother's passport and my passport to make it so that my dad's name appears as "Ramesh Singh" on all three passports.
C) Correct my Dad's passport to make the name "Ramesh Singh Bhadauria". This will result in a whole chain of paperwork for my dad because his name on all of his tax/other paperwork in India is "Ramesh Singh"

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi Guys, I am in a bind here and wondering if somebody can help -
I am a PR in Canada and plan to apply for Super visa for my parents soon but my Mom's passport (from India) is expired and my Dad's passport has his name slightly different than what is mentioned under the Spouse column on my Mom's passport. My passport has the same name mentioned under my father's name column as what's mentioned on my Mom's passport.
So I am wondering- While I am renewing my mother's passport, should I get her spouse name corrected match it exactly how it on my Dad's passport and at the same time I will do the same for my passport( get it corrected to match it with how it is on my Dad's passport).
Here is a more tabular version of the situation -

Mom's Passport -
Spouse Name - Ramesh Singh Bhadauria

Dad's Passport -
Given name - Ramesh Singh
SurName - ________________ <-- No Surname. Surname is empty.

Son's(The main Sponsor) Passport -
Name of father - Ramesh Singh Bhadauria

What is the best solution here? The end goal is to get a super-visa for my parents. How can I make it easy for myself?

A) If I let it all be as it is and provide a "one and the same person" affidavit when I apply for the super-visa. The affidavit would be provided by my father attesting that "Ramesh Singh" and "Ramesh Singh Bhadauria" are one and the same person. Would that suffice?
B) Try and correct both my mother's passport and my passport to make it so that my dad's name appears as "Ramesh Singh" on all three passports.
C) Correct my Dad's passport to make the name "Ramesh Singh Bhadauria". This will result in a whole chain of paperwork for my dad because his name on all of his tax/other paperwork in India is "Ramesh Singh"
If you can get it corrected in the passport, it will be beneficial in the long run as well as less hassles when filing your application.

If you cannot get it correct, then you may have to include the same name affidavit with your application.

Reactions: lazycrazyboon

lazycrazyboon

Star Member
Apr 27, 2016
Do they have their biometrics?
No, I haven't even begun the visa application yet. My mother's passport is in expired state. Gotta get that renewed first. Hence the question whether I should take the corrective measure now or rely on "On and the same person" affidavit.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No, I haven't even begun the visa application yet. My mother's passport is in expired state. Gotta get that renewed first. Hence the question whether I should take the corrective measure now or rely on "On and the same person" affidavit.
Need to do biometrics before the actual visa application.