I applied for a Canadian Super Visa for my 74-year-old mother from Pakistan. She is a lifelong homemaker and has never worked. My father is 76, retired and they currently live with my elder brother, his wife and their three children. My brother owns the property in Pakistan, but neither of my parents owns property in their own names.
I am a Canadian citizen living with my wife and our 5-year-old twin daughters (all Canadian Citizens). My wife and I are co-signers on the invitation letter. Our combined annual income is over CAD $140,000 and we have committed to covering my mother's airfare, accommodation, medical insurance and other expenses during her stay in Canada.
My main concern is that my mother has no financial/property ties to Pakistan because she has no property, employment or significant assets in her own name. However, she lives permanently in Pakistan with my father and my elder brother's family.
I am a Canadian citizen living with my wife and our 5-year-old twin daughters (all Canadian Citizens). My wife and I are co-signers on the invitation letter. Our combined annual income is over CAD $140,000 and we have committed to covering my mother's airfare, accommodation, medical insurance and other expenses during her stay in Canada.
My main concern is that my mother has no financial/property ties to Pakistan because she has no property, employment or significant assets in her own name. However, she lives permanently in Pakistan with my father and my elder brother's family.
- Can my mother's family ties in Pakistan compensate for the lack of property and employment in her name?
- Does her age, retired husband, and living arrangement with my brother's family help demonstrate that she will return to Pakistan.
- Overall, how would you assess the strengths and potential concerns in her Super Visa application?
