+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa Medical - Kidney Problem

noquery

Sep 11, 2014
I applied for my parents supervise and now we are due for medical exam..

My dad has high creatinine levels so he has a low degree of kidney failure but doesn't require any dialysis and wot require for at least 15-20 years (thats what his doctor said)

Should we be worried if he can't pass the medical exam since kidney failure is one of the reasons for inadmissibility?

TIA

xenon

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
they can get a letter from your nephrologist and take it with them during their medical exam and show to the panel physician. It is upto the discretion of the panel physician however to consider the family nephro's letter or not.

noquery

Sep 11, 2014
xenon said:
they can get a letter from your nephrologist and take it with them during their medical exam and show to the panel physician. It is upto the discretion of the panel physician however to consider the family nephro's letter or not.
So even tho we got super visa health insurance for my dad, there is a chance that they can refuse his visa? Thank you!

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
noquery said:
Should we be worried if he can't pass the medical exam since kidney failure is one of the reasons for inadmissibility?
No.

Medical exams are not meant for kidney diseases

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Jalex23 said:
No.

Medical exams are not meant for kidney diseases
Sure they are, read the Panel Physician Handbook and see what is tested: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/dmp-handbook/ 4.8.1

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
PMM said:
Sure they are, read the Panel Physician Handbook and see what is tested: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/dmp-handbook/ 4.8.1
I think I wasn't clear enough. Medical exams for TRV-Super Visa are meant mianly to find "public health risks" for Canadians.

Kidney diseases are not contagious nor infectious (if we want to be super strict they could be but this is not the case), represent a threat for Canadian public health.

When the doctor asks OP "do you have any conditions we should know about" OP should tell about the kidney condition which will explain any abnormal results that come from urinalysis.

OP should worry about this condition if they were planning to get (e.g.) a PR which would likely become an issue where the disease "might cause excessive demand on existing social or health services provided by the government".

Thanks for letting me clarify.

noquery

Sep 11, 2014
Jalex23 said:
I think I wasn't clear enough. Medical exams for TRV-Super Visa are meant mianly to find "public health risks" for Canadians.

Kidney diseases are not contagious nor infectious (if we want to be super strict they could be but this is not the case), represent a threat for Canadian public health.

When the doctor asks OP "do you have any conditions we should know about" OP should tell about the kidney condition which will explain any abnormal results that come from urinalysis.

OP should worry about this condition if they were planning to get (e.g.) a PR which would likely become an issue where the disease "might cause excessive demand on existing social or health services provided by the government".

THANK YOU so much guys.. Jalex I hope you are right because I really want them to come to Canada to visit me and if my dads kidney condition is going to prevent that from happening my dad is gonna be very upset :(

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

noquery said:
THANK YOU so much guys.. Jalex I hope you are right because I really want them to come to Canada to visit me and if my dads kidney condition is going to prevent that from happening my dad is gonna be very upset :(
Actually super visas can be refused or any visitor visa refused if the person has a "condition or disease that may cause excessive demand on medical services in Canada" it is not just communicable diseases.

Reactions: Didzsam

Rajcanada

Star Member
Apr 11, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
03-02-2015
LANDED..........
Toronto, May 2015
Dear PMM,

I had received re-medicals, and my bp was 150/80, serum creatinine 1.6(normal is 1.3)!
What is your opinion ..will that go to a furtherence again?

(During my first medicals, my BP was 140/90, and creatinine was 1.7.-This resulted in a
furtherence in which they asked a cardio report.That went fine.)

Thanks,
Raj

Gary Goldshmidt

Dec 4, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The post is correct a super visa can be delayed or denied if there is an issue with medicals. The best course of action is not to travel with ongoing medical issues until they are stable and health permits travel. For the purposes of insurance it is advisable to obtain a letter from their physician stating they are able to travel and their pre-existing medical condition is stable.

Kawal_supervisa

Star Member
Jan 29, 2017
Hi,

Just wanted to check if you were able to get super visa for your father. My father has similar condition and I am confused whether I should at all go for medical to apply for super visa for him, or just apply for visitor visa for him only.

F@rwah

Jun 19, 2017
Hi,

Just wanted to check if you were able to get super visa for your father. My father has similar condition and I am confused whether I should at all go for medical to apply for super visa for him, or just apply for visitor visa for him only.
Hi just wanted to check if you applied for your father's supervisa.

rkrobinbd

Star Member
Mar 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

My mothers medical test creatinine serum level came as abnormal. Will they reject the visa for this?

Didzsam

Star Member
May 23, 2019

It would be great if they do not reject super visa based on excessive demand. My father is a cancer patient and I am worried that he gets rejected. He was asked to submit a full oncology report after the medical. we are in that stage to collect the report now. I am worried that everything will be useless.