Submitted with Application
Med's Request
Mar 19, 2013
Med's Done....
March 22 & received by CIC on April 10, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013, sent out passport same day.
VISA ISSUED...
May 21, 2013
LANDED..........
May 22, 2013
Hi,

I'm looking to buy super visa medical insurance and have been researching for a few days now for both my parents who are applying for a Super visa next week from India.

Has anyone bought TIPS medical insurance? Can you please share your experience?

My main concern is when I look up these insurance names online, the websites look outdated or shady which doesn't bring confidence in shelling out so much money for such companies. Many have no reviews as such and some are even hard to find such this one above. TIPS.

On the other hand upon talking to several insurance companies I have figured out what is covered and what is not, and a price that seems fitting for what specific coverage I need. However they often give me their cell phone numbers and are available 'anytime' which again makes me wonder. Why?

I was given a quote of $4400 for my dad (71 yrs with cardiovascular coverage) and $2500 for my mom for mom (60 yrs)(which will also cover cardiovascular). $0 deductible being the only option with TIPS.

After talking to many insurance brokers and companies I realized the cheaper insurances did not cover cardiovascular and had a 30 day clause (as in if anything happens they will cover only for 30 days, which doesn't work if anything major happens).

I need to buy something soon and am still not sure about whether these one man companies are legitimate or not. Can anyone advise on what they bought and if they had any problems? Has anyone used TIPS travel insurance? (are all medical insurances for Super Visa considered to be travel insurances?)

Any help anyone can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Anna007

Star Member
Jul 4, 2018
Vancouver
As for me Destination Canada is the best option, they have pretty good coverage for their prices you can check details and compare plans /']here[/URL]
As it has to be valid for at least 1 year at the moment you send the application to CIC and it is pretty expensive there is also Monthly Plan for Super Visa insurance is approved by the CIC office and offers you an easy pre-authorized month-to-month payment basis for the specified period of coverage.

Reactions: ssparkles

ssparkles

Apr 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 4, 2012
Doc's Request.
Nov 8, 2012 & March 19, 2013
AOR Received.
Oct 25, 2012
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
Mar 19, 2013
Med's Done....
March 22 & received by CIC on April 10, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013, sent out passport same day.
VISA ISSUED...
May 21, 2013
LANDED..........
May 22, 2013
As for me Destination Canada is the best option, they have pretty good coverage for their prices you can check details and compare plans /']here[/URL]
As it has to be valid for at least 1 year at the moment you send the application to CIC and it is pretty expensive there is also Monthly Plan for Super Visa insurance is approved by the CIC office and offers you an easy pre-authorized month-to-month payment basis for the specified period of coverage.
Thanks Anna! I'll call them and see what the details of the coverage are. the prices seem quite good but have to ensure it covers cardiovascular related items.