20-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-05-2015
Med's Request
Done already
Med's Done....
13-03-2015
Hi Members,

I just want to know that if I apply for parents supervisa now, do they need to come in certain specific timeline or they can delay their vacation plan till maximum time they want to? I want my parents to get visa now, but they cannot come before next year summer, so would there be any issue here? Thanks

BK11

Aug 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2015
Nomination.....
20-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-05-2015
Med's Request
Done already
Med's Done....
13-03-2015
Please advice folks..

xenon

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BK11 said:
Hi Members,

I just want to know that if I apply for parents supervisa now, do they need to come in certain specific timeline or they can delay their vacation plan till maximum time they want to? I want my parents to get visa now, but they cannot come before next year summer, so would there be any issue here? Thanks
You would have to provide a tentative travel itinerary, but you can cancel your travel plans when you get your visa. The visa is usually valid up to the expiry date of the passport minus one month. They can travel anytime they like for up to the validity of the visa.

2013applicant

Dec 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5 November, 2013
File Transfer...
3 February, 2014
Med's Request
13 November, 2014
Med's Done....
27 November, 2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
3 December, 2014 - Passport arrived to CHC office on 5 December, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
29 January, 2015
LANDED..........
February inshAllah!
Hello everyone,

I have a couple of questions regarding which visa I should apply for. I want to bring my mother and father in law for a visit to Canada for a few months.

Can I use the Super Visa for them (as I have no blood relation with them) or is it better for them to apply for a visit visa as a tourist?

Note: my husband can not apply as he is not a Canadian citizen yet.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

2013applicant said:
Hello everyone,

I have a couple of questions regarding which visa I should apply for. I want to bring my mother and father in law for a visit to Canada for a few months.

Can I use the Super Visa for them (as I have no blood relation with them) or is it better for them to apply for a visit visa as a tourist?

Note: my husband can not apply as he is not a Canadian citizen yet.
1. You can't apply for them, but if your husband is a PR (doesn't have to be a citizen) he can apply for a super visa for them.
2. If their intention is to stay for a few months, then then they don't require a super visa.

2013applicant

Dec 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5 November, 2013
File Transfer...
3 February, 2014
Med's Request
13 November, 2014
Med's Done....
27 November, 2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
3 December, 2014 - Passport arrived to CHC office on 5 December, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
29 January, 2015
LANDED..........
February inshAllah!
PMM said:
Hi

1. You can't apply for them, but if your husband is a PR (doesn't have to be a citizen) he can apply for a super visa for them.
2. If their intention is to stay for a few months, then then they don't require a super visa.
I sponsored my husband through a spouse sponsorship, and he had not yet arrived (we are in the process of waiting and hope to have him hear in early 2015). Which visa would be best suitable for my parents in law if there intention is to stay only for a few months?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

2013applicant said:
I sponsored my husband through a spouse sponsorship, and he had not yet arrived (we are in the process of waiting and hope to have him hear in early 2015). Which visa would be best suitable for my parents in law if there intention is to stay only for a few months?
They will have to apply for a TRV on their own. You can send an invitation letter, as the D/Law. No guarantee that it will be issued. They can't apply for a super visa.