+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa Income Requirement

fizz12

May 8, 2023
Hi guys!! I want to apply for my mother’s super visa because I’m expecting and due in August and need her here for support. My question is would IRCC consider the baby (not born yet) for LICO because our NOA is a little less for 4 people and only qualifies for 3 people. However, my husband and I qualify for LICO with our employment letters, paystubs and have decent savings. Is that a problem? Is NOA the only official document immigration officers look at to verify income? My lawyer says so but the IRCC website says otherwise and states NOA as one of the examples to prove income. In this situation is it better to then just apply for a visit visa?

It would mean a lot if I can get some perspective on this. Thanks!

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys!! I want to apply for my mother’s super visa because I’m expecting and due in August and need her here for support. My question is would IRCC consider the baby (not born yet) for LICO because our NOA is a little less for 4 people and only qualifies for 3 people. However, my husband and I qualify for LICO with our employment letters, paystubs and have decent savings. Is that a problem? Is NOA the only official document immigration officers look at to verify income? My lawyer says so but the IRCC website says otherwise and states NOA as one of the examples to prove income. In this situation is it better to then just apply for a visit visa?

It would mean a lot if I can get some perspective on this. Thanks!
If your combination (husband & wife) income meets the LICO, then no problem. You should invite her now while you guys meet the LICO. Hopefully she get the super visa before the baby is born. Show your NOA, employment letters, paystubs and have decent savings.

Super visa requires a year travel insurance, while regular visa has no such requirement.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Also just to add she needs to pass a medical. She still needs to show ties to home country, travel history etc. Where she lives will determine processing times.

Reactions: steaky

fizz12

May 8, 2023
Thanks! Got it!

Would I write down our family income from NOA on the invitation letter or what we make now? I have this government job since Aug 2022 and I make way over LICO for 4 people. Also if the file is not processed that fast and the baby is here, the officer would evaluate income for 4 people? I don’t want my mother to get rejected because we don’t qualify which is why I am making sure. Fyi, We are mentioning due date and her purpose of travel being support for our pregnancy.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks! Got it!

Would I write down our family income from NOA on the invitation letter or what we make now? I have this government job since Aug 2022 and I make way over LICO for 4 people. Also if the file is not processed that fast and the baby is here, the officer would evaluate income for 4 people? I don’t want my mother to get rejected because we don’t qualify which is why I am making sure. Fyi, We are mentioning due date and her purpose of travel being support for our pregnancy.
Just follow the guide and send out the application as soon as you:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/parent-grandparent-super-visa/apply.html

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks! Got it!

Processing depends where you live. Mentioning due date and supporting a pregnancy will give IRCC the information they need to process as 4 if processing times are long.