+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa in Canada

Dr2233

Jan 25, 2015
Hi, my mom is currently in Canada on a regular visitor visa, which is expiring at the end of this year. I want to apply for a Super Visa for her now so that she won't have to leave Canada due to that 6-month stay requirement. I noticed that the Super Visa must be applied outside of Canada but can be applied online. I'm just wondering if she can have the biometrics/medical exam done in Canada and apply online for the super visa. Thank you!

Ankur

Star Member
Jul 1, 2013
Please suggest me, I am in trouble and confused.

I submitted my parent's super visa application on 1st March and just on the 2nd day, I noticed that I made a mistake on my mother's middle name spelling. I quickly submitted a webform to correct the name. Till today, we haven't reviewed any updates on name correction. We also received biometric letters on 2nd March.

Now Should they wait for the name to get corrected and then go for biometrics? Or can they ask the officer at the biometric center to get it corrected?
If anyone here had the same kind of situation, please suggest to me what should I do.

Thanks

Zion761

Mar 6, 2022
Please suggest me, I am in trouble and confused.

I submitted my parent's super visa application on 1st March and just on the 2nd day, I noticed that I made a mistake on my mother's middle name spelling. I quickly submitted a webform to correct the name. Till today, we haven't reviewed any updates on name correction. We also received biometric letters on 2nd March.

Now Should they wait for the name to get corrected and then go for biometrics? Or can they ask the officer at the biometric center to get it corrected?
If anyone here had the same kind of situation, please suggest to me what should I do.

Thanks
Hello,

I had a similar experience, made a mistake on my mailing address and i noticed that after i gave biometrics. So i submitted a webform immediately, and i can confirm that they never reply you. Fortunately when i receive my PPR letter the address is already changed. So you should be ok in my opinion.

Reactions: Ankur

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, my mom is currently in Canada on a regular visitor visa, which is expiring at the end of this year. I want to apply for a Super Visa for her now so that she won't have to leave Canada due to that 6-month stay requirement. I noticed that the Super Visa must be applied outside of Canada but can be applied online. I'm just wondering if she can have the biometrics/medical exam done in Canada and apply online for the super visa. Thank you!
She must leave Canada to file for a supervisa. She is still a visitor so is expected to return home at a certain point.

Ankur

Star Member
Jul 1, 2013
Hello,

I had a similar experience, made a mistake on my mailing address and i noticed that after i gave biometrics. So i submitted a webform immediately, and i can confirm that they never reply you. Fortunately when i receive my PPR letter the address is already changed. So you should be ok in my opinion.
Thank you for sharing your experience.

sameerdalai

Apr 26, 2019
I applied my mother's Super Visa in Month of July 2021 , her Biometric is also completed in Oct 2021, after that almost 13 months no update yet , anyone know what could be reason of the delay and how to speed up , no reply from Visa officer

PayalD91

Jul 20, 2020
Hi all. My mother got her supervisa approved while she is already staying in Canada on Visitor visa. How does she get her supervisa activated? Does she need to cross the border again?

Reactions: SViyesha

darxide1

Nov 12, 2022
Hi, I am asking this for my mother. She applied for a SUPER VISA from India in August 2022 and came to Canada on her visitor visa in August. Her SUPER VISA got approved in September 2022 while she was in Canada. The passport got stamped in Canada only. Question: Is she required to go to India within 6 months from her entry date on her visitor VISA? Is she required to leave the country for her SUPER VISA to get activated? Please guide.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi all. My mother got her supervisa approved while she is already staying in Canada on Visitor visa. How does she get her supervisa activated? Does she need to cross the border again?
Yes she would need to leave Canada and enter again. How long has she been visiting Canada? She remains a visitor so if she has already been staying in Canada for a long period of time she could be refused entry if she goes to the US and tries to reenter for example. You are expected to return home at a certain point if you have been visiting for an extended amount of time. If she has only been visiting for a short period of time than she should be able to leave Canada and reenter on the supervisa as long as she has proof of insurance.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, I am asking this for my mother. She applied for a SUPER VISA from India in August 2022 and came to Canada on her visitor visa in August. Her SUPER VISA got approved in September 2022 while she was in Canada. The passport got stamped in Canada only. Question: Is she required to go to India within 6 months from her entry date on her visitor VISA? Is she required to leave the country for her SUPER VISA to get activated? Please guide.
Dhe can get stamping done in Canada if requested. Yes she has to leave and reenter to visit Canada on her supervisa.