+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa / IMM5708

Dec 20, 2014
Hi,
I’m in the middle of applying for a Parent and Grandparent Super Visa for my mother-in-law who is already in Canada on Visitor visa. As per the checklist generated by the wizard on CIC website, I need to submit IMM5708 along with other supporting documents. I have the following clarifications regarding the form IMM5708.
1) For question number 3 in the form there are 3 options to choose from.
a.Extension of my temporary resident visa
b.Restoration of temporary resident status as a visitor
c.Initial temporary resident permit or extension of temporary resident permit
I’m assuming the most appropriate option would be to choose option ‘c’ since we are applying for a new temporary visa (super visa) and are also extending my mother-in-law’s stay. Please let me know if the assumption and the option chosen is correct for our situation.

2) Assuming that we have to choose option ‘c’ as stated above, when I fill the form and upload the form online on CIC website, following error message is thrown and I’m unable to upload the form.

To apply for a temporary resident permit, please complete the application on paper and submit it to a CIC office. When applying online, please ensure that the checkbox titled “initial temporary resident permit or extension of temporary resident permit” is not checked on the application form.

Please let me know if any of you had faced this problem. The application needs to be submitted as soon as possible and any thoughts/ comments/suggestions is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

guess77

Mar 11, 2014
@Canada_Is_Good

When I extended my mother's Visitor Record to stay in Canada for a couple of times via on-line application, both times I chose option 'a' (* Extension of my temporary resident status). Both applications were successful.

I am now applying for her stay under PGP in 2015 via Cohen Campbell (CC). The application package has passed their Quality Control section and it's ready to be lodged on Dec. 31, 2014 (today). We were going to submitted last Jan. 2nd, 2014 but it was late to sign a contract with CC which was in early Feb. 2014. By that time the 5,000 CAP had been reached, so we had to extend the contract to 2015 with additional cost.

Cheers ..

Dec 20, 2014
guess77 said:
@ Canada_Is_Good

When I extended my mother's Visitor Record to stay in Canada for a couple of times via on-line application, both times I chose option 'a' (* Extension of my temporary resident status). Both applications were successful.

I am now applying for her stay under PGP in 2015 via Cohen Campbell (CC). The application package has passed their Quality Control section and it's ready to be lodged on Dec. 31, 2014 (today). We were going to submitted last Jan. 2nd, 2014 but it was late to sign a contract with CC which was in early Feb. 2014. By that time the 5,000 CAP had been reached, so we had to extend the contract to 2015 with additional cost.

Cheers ..

Hello guess77,

Thank you. On consulting the CIC Contact Center, I got to know that option 'a' is the correct option for my situation. This is same as what you have suggested. I have submitted the application online and we are waiting for the process to conclude and for the decision.

Appreciate you taking your time to respond.

Thanks again.

Arturino

Jan 3, 2015
Hi,

I also wanted to apply for Super Visa, while my mom was here in Canada same way.
As a result - just received letter of visitor visa extension. No multientry SuperVisa issued.

Do you have news?

Thanks.

Dec 20, 2014
Hello Arturino,

Yes. I chose item 'a'. According to the CIC contact center person, that's the appropriate item to select for my situation.

Regards.

Dec 20, 2014
Hi,

I chose 1st April 2015 as the starting date of the policy and also wrote a letter explaining that the date was deliberately chosen as I was not aware of how long it would take to process the visa application. In case of my insurance policy, we have an option to advance the date. So I also explained that the starting date would be advanced in case the visa is granted earlier than 1st April 2015.

Regards.