+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa for parents

Kitkat23

Nov 21, 2011
Hello everyone...I need help.

I'm planning to get my parents using super visa coz that is the only option for them to be here for a while for they hold the sponsorship.
My question is...

My dad has a parkinson's disease, will if affect his visa to come over here? is parkinson's disease considered as serious illness?

I am willing to get both my parents the private health insurance as required. What are the private health insurance I can ask and inquire for them?

Do we still need to have a letter of invitation to get them a super visa?

Do we have to be in Human Resource on Dec.1, 2011 to get the application form or it is just an announcement for us to understand more of Super Visa for parents?

Thanks!

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kitkat23 said:
Hello everyone...I need help.

I'm planning to get my parents using super visa coz that is the only option for them to be here for a while for they hold the sponsorship.
My question is...

My dad has a parkinson's disease, will if affect his visa to come over here? is parkinson's disease considered as serious illness?

It may be seen as a prohibitive cost.

I am willing to get both my parents the private health insurance as required. What are the private health insurance I can ask and inquire for them?

In most cases health insurance will not cover pre-existing conditions, contact a local insurance broker/company for conditions and quotes. The full medical cover will need to be for the full duration of the proposed stay.

Do we still need to have a letter of invitation to get them a super visa?

No information yet, but I would think so.

Do we have to be in Human Resource on Dec.1, 2011 to get the application form or it is just an announcement for us to understand more of Super Visa for parents?

You need to wait for more information.

Thanks!

Kitkat23

Nov 21, 2011
Baloo: Thanks for responding...We'll see what will be the announcement on Dec 1st.

Newbie: High blood pressure and diabetic people are not on high risk, I don't think so.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Diabetes can sometimes be classified as high risk. It depends on the type and severity.

Haitokin

Star Member
Aug 28, 2011
Full disclosure: I am an independent travel insurance broker :eek:

I read through all the policies listed on the http://www.bestquotetravelinsurance.ca/parent-and-grandparent-super-visa-health-insurance BestQuote website, by getting a quote and then clicking on the 'compare details' button and looking under eligibility.

Only the TIC policy has this phrase "Coverage is NOT AVAILABLE to any individual who: d)has Alzheimer’s disease or any other type of dementia;

All the other policies would allow the person to have coverage (therefore meeting the requirements of the super visa application: at least $100,000 coverage for health, hospitalization and repatriation expenses; for a duration of 365 days; from a Canadian company), but since Parkinson's is a chronic (ongoing) condition, even though it may be stable - it could be expected that medical attention may have to be sought for it during one's stay in Canada on the super visa - so illnesses (or accidents for that matter) related to it would not be covered by the insurance.

There are two ways to obtain the health insurance required for the super visa application (and to use the super visa to remain in Canada): The most usual method is to accept the eligibility requirements, definitions of coverage and exclusion wording for pre-existing conditions offered by a contract, and to be bound by them at the time of any claim. If, at the time of claim, the definitions state that you have coverage you do, if the definitions of 'stable and controlled' etc., or other exclusion clauses (accident caused by alcohol, etc.), show that you don't meet the requirements of the contract - then the traveler is therefore not covered by the insurance. The point is the real 'underwriting' happens at the time of claim. More info on pre-existing medical conditions for Visitors to Canada policies can be found here: http://www.bestquotetravelinsurance.ca/visitors-to-canada-insurance-compare-pre-existing-medical-conditions-stable-period

The second way to obtain coverage for pre-existing medical conditions - in cases like this when you have an illness like Parkinson's that has different levels of severity, is to ask to be underwritten individually ahead of the purchase to see what coverage the medical condition can warrant - and how much you would be asked to pay for this more certain 'direct underwriting'. BestQuote deals with a couple of different insurance companies that will individually assess a situation like Parkinson's - or Diabetes, heart conditions, ect.
The best way to find out what those options may be or whether a standard contract will offer the coverage you need for your own parents' medical conditions is to call and ask. 1-855-237-8808.