+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa for my Mother

kiran16861

May 23, 2017
Hi,

I am trying to apply Super Visa for my mother who holds an Indian passport and had below questions.

a.Does she has to show some amount of funds in her name or will it be only me and husband who is inviting her
b.My brother is in USA and we are trying to get her Visa for USA as well for visiting purpose.If she is Canada post her SUper Visa is done.ANy idea if she can apply for her US Visa while she is in Canada with us.
c.Is health insurance a mandatory documents while applying for SUper Visa or can we do that post the Visa is approved.If yes,we have to get the insurance for her for how long
d.I am also trying to explore whether we can go ahead and apply for her Permanent Residency instead of Super Visa.Is it possible to apply at this time .

Please help with the questions

Thanks
Kiran

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
a) You should show that you have funds to support her and she should show she has funds as well.
b) You should ask this question on a US immigration forum.
c) Evidence that you have obtained the required health insurance coverage must be included with the application.
d) Parent sponsorship is a lottery and you have to meet specific income requirements to apply. You need to research the program to understand if you meet the income requirements and how the lottery works. There are several discussions on this topic in the family sponsorship section of the forum.

kiran16861

May 23, 2017
a) You should show that you have funds to support her and she should show she has funds as well.
b) You should ask this question on a US immigration forum.
c) Evidence that you have obtained the required health insurance coverage must be included with the application.
d) Parent sponsorship is a lottery and you have to meet specific income requirements to apply. You need to research the program to understand if you meet the income requirements and how the lottery works. There are several discussions on this topic in the family sponsorship section of the forum.

Thanks Scylla,

Quick question on the Insurance for SUper Visa.Are there any more guidelines from CIC on the medical insurance regarding the amount of medical cover or the duration which we need to follow as well.

Please confirm.

Thanks
Kiran

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

kiran16861

May 23, 2017
Hi ,

Please help with below quick question.

I am applying for Super Visa for my mother and the on the invitation letter me and my husband are both becoming the invitees.So its the total income combined of us both that we can show right?

Also the Medical insurance we have got for her mentions the cover of 100,000 and validity for 365 days.Although it can be extended for another year but the policy document does not mention that.Is that an issue.

Please help asap/

Thanks
Kiran

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
^Combined income, submit your NOAs, the requirement is 1 year for medical insurance. If you want to buy for 2 years, you can, when she arrives at the airport, the officer may stamp her passport up to 2 years, it's not guaranteed, if the officer stamp her passport for 1 year of stay, if she wants to stay for 2 years, she has to apply for extension of stay before that stamp expires.

kiran16861

May 23, 2017
^Combined income, submit your NOAs, the requirement is 1 year for medical insurance. If you want to buy for 2 years, you can, when she arrives at the airport, the officer may stamp her passport up to 2 years, it's not guaranteed, if the officer stamp her passport for 1 year of stay, if she wants to stay for 2 years, she has to apply for extension of stay before that stamp expires.

Thanks a lot!.
Also one more question.

Is the invitation letter supposed to be notarised or not.

kiran16861

May 23, 2017

Also is the NOA mandatory document.We have the employment letters ,T4 and the pay slips .Isn't that enough?

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
NOA is what CIC wants, if you don't have it then send the T4 and payslips, you can always try
invitation letter does not need to be notarized.