AOR Received.
20-8-2015
Med's Done....
29 Aug-Passed
Passport Req..
07 jan 2016
LANDED..........
30 jan 2016
Hi my mom is planning to visit me on supervisa. She is widow and is self employed. My sister (handicapped-26 years old) is dependent on her. My income is more than CRA's requirement for family of 3.

My concern is:

Can my sister accompany my mom on supervisa or she needs to apply for a separate visitor visa?

How much funds she needs to show? She is making like 2 lakhs/ annum (around $4500 CDN). as she is self employed, what documents should she provide to prove it? Are the tax returns enough?

How much does insurance cost?

How long my mom can stay with me?

Please advise me. Any suggestion is greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Paras,

Can my sister accompany my mom on supervisa or she needs to apply for a separate visitor visa?
Super visas are only for parents/grandparents.... your sister will have to apply for a TRV.

Duration of the visit can be a few weeks.

How much funds she needs to show?
Whatever she earns.... and from other sources of income (rental, shares, FD interest, etc). Nothing should be borrowed. Typically about CAD 1000 per person per week of visit + airfare + other expenses.

If you have been sending them money then do add an explanation for this along with proofs (bank transfers).

Does she have financial investments?

as she is self employed, what documents should she provide to prove it? Are the tax returns enough?
Most recent 2 years ITRs + Shop Act License/business registration documents + Purchase Orders issued by customers + payment proofs made by customers + 6 months bank statements (business bank account) + a small explanation why she can take a few weeks off from her work and if she is allowed to spend company/business funds for her visit

How much does insurance cost?
If they are applying for TRVs from say India (?) then they can buy insurance from an Indian insurer with a global presence. You can check policybazaar.com It does not cost much and it gives peace of mind :)

Insurance must be for the dates of their visit (if TRVs) + refundable types + submit a copy of the insurance policy with the TRV applications. Take the maximum coverage possible.

You must also prove that your sister will not put excessive demands on Canadian healthcare..... so do submit a doctor's certificate stating she is fit to travel + any other similar documents that prove her disability will not affect her visit.

If your mom is applying for a super visa then you must buy insurance coverage for minimum CAD 100,000 for at least one year from a Canadian insurance company.

How long my mom can stay with me?
How long your mom stays with you means your sister will stay that long as well.

Their authorized period of stay will be determined by the immigration officer at the POE..... usually, it is 6 months for a TRV (if no date is written under the stamp). However, I suggest your mom and sister have refundable return tickets that match the duration/dates stated in their TRV applications.

Your sister must prove that she will return home.

Does your mom own property?
Do they live with other family members?
Any other responsibilities or commitments?

Hope this helps

manvsing

Nov 6, 2014
Hello Everyone,

I hope you all doing great. I just wanted to ask few questions regarding super visa application. I landed here in Canada in Feb 2015. After 2 months i started working with minimum wage and my wife is working for last 4-5 years in Canada. so my question is can i apply for super visa for my parents? should i work for at least one year before applying Super Visa? what is the possibility of getting visa?

Thanks,

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@manvsing

You alone will not be able to apply for super visas for your parents because you do not meet LICO. However, your wife (as the co-signer can included to meet LICO minimum).... and both of you can jointly invite your parents.

It's not possible to guess the chances of being approved.

You can get more information here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/supervisa.asp

manvsing

Nov 6, 2014
Bryanna said:
@ manvsing

You alone will not be able to apply for super visas for your parents because you do not meet LICO. However, your wife (as the co-signer can included to meet LICO minimum).... and both of you can jointly invite your parents.

It's not possible to guess the chances of being approved.

Thanks for reply! I am concerned about me because my stay in Canada is less(10 months) so far. Would i be able to apply for Super visa? Why i am asking this question because i heard that they see proof of income for last couple of years. Does it matter how long you been here for?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
As your wife has been working in Canada since the last 4-5 years, she can be the co-signer to meet LICO for super visas for your parents. Like I mentioned earlier, you cannot apply for super visas on your own because you cannot prove/you do not meet LICO minimum.

You and your wife can check if you meet LICO by combining both your incomes for 4 persons (you, your wife + your two parents.... assuming you do not have any children).

Do go through the Document Checklist for India ie IMM5881E

OnlineInsPro

Star Member
Dec 12, 2011
It looks like most of your questions have been answered except the cost of the insurance. Of course to answer that question one needs to know the age and health of your mother. Try one of the online services that compare the prices of various competitors against each other such as ours at http://travelinsure.ca

You may be interested in our in-house brand, "Acceptus" which is Latin for "Welcome". WE have three different levels of coverage available to serve various needs. Our Acceptus VTC One is priced number one in the market at most age bands and INCLUDES coverage for stable pre-existing conditions with only a 90 day stability period. Acceptus VTC Two includes higher limits and additional coverages including Flight Accident and Accidental Death, but still beats many competitors and is out most popular plan. Acceptus VTC Premium is Canada's most comprehensive VTC Plan and even includes coverage for Medical Exams, Vaccinations, Eye Exams, and Maternity Benefits. Please see

http://travelinsure.ca/acceptus-visitor-to-canada-insurance

Tracy DesLaurier, Super Visa Expert
Travelinsue.ca
1-855-933-7462
info@travelinsure.ca