+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa for a stay less than 6 months

kylelowry

Star Member
Jun 6, 2019
Hi Seniors,

Apologies for the repeated question. I did come across similar questions but read multiple contradicting answers/solutions. So I'm trying my luck again.

I am planning to invite my father to Canada to spend time with me and my family for a month or two (max). However, I don't want to apply for a normal visit visa due to the following reason:
My father is retired and has zero savings (yes, its quite strange but given his personality, it is what it is :rolleyes:). He does own a property worth 250,000 CAD though. It is challenging to show strong ties to his home country. Hence, the reluctance to apply for a normal visit visa (TRV).

As such, I am planning to apply for a Super Visa. I have adequate savings and a stable income more than sufficient to support him during his visit. My questions are:

1. What are the implications if I state that he will visit us for more than 6 months in my Super Visa application and actually leave the country in 2 months?
2. What are the implications if I state that he's visiting for only 2 months in my Super Visa application - will they automatically just give him a TRV or will they reject his whole application and ask to apply for a TRV?

I would be very much obliged if someone can advice on how best I can approach this situation.

Some background info (not sure if it helps or makes any difference)
  • I am a Canadian Citizen and my father's main purpose of visit is to spend time with my new born son
  • My parents are separated and my mother already has a TRV approved which I applied in January

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi Seniors,

Apologies for the repeated question. I did come across similar questions but read multiple contradicting answers/solutions. So I'm trying my luck again.

I am planning to invite my father to Canada to spend time with me and my family for a month or two (max). However, I don't want to apply for a normal visit visa due to the following reason:
My father is retired and has zero savings (yes, its quite strange but given his personality, it is what it is :rolleyes:). He does own a property worth 250,000 CAD though. It is challenging to show strong ties to his home country. Hence, the reluctance to apply for a normal visit visa (TRV).

As such, I am planning to apply for a Super Visa. I have adequate savings and a stable income more than sufficient to support him during his visit. My questions are:

1. What are the implications if I state that he will visit us for more than 6 months in my Super Visa application and actually leave the country in 2 months?
2. What are the implications if I state that he's visiting for only 2 months in my Super Visa application - will they automatically just give him a TRV or will they reject his whole application and ask to apply for a TRV?

I would be very much obliged if someone can advice on how best I can approach this situation.

Some background info (not sure if it helps or makes any difference)
  • I am a Canadian Citizen and my father's main purpose of visit is to spend time with my new born son
  • My parents are separated and my mother already has a TRV approved which I applied in January
This is not a Family Sponsorship question. Ask under VisitorS.