Super Visa Extension Help

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Yeah, I just realized the difference, and understand why people were confused about what I said.
I just talked with CIC people over the phone, and clarified few doubts.

So, the one thing that I missed to mention was that my mom is from one of visa exemption country.
She never had a visa type of things in her passport; what I meant in my previous posts about visa was Visitor Record.

I just confirmed with the agent that in her case, ETA's validity is how long she can stay in Canada before applying for new Super Visa.
Which I would like to confirm with some people here if that's the case; I will also double check with CIC later tomorrow once again if that statement is correct.

So, according to the agent, what I really should do is that I apply for extension of visitor status in Canada, providing all financial supporting documents, letters, and other documents. Just like extending student permit.

Please let me know if I still don't understand this correctly, or if I'm making any mistake in here.

Thanks a lot
The eTA has nothing to do with status in Canada.

You need to apply to extend her stay, as per the link I provided.

jhoongo

Star Member
Nov 8, 2016
The eTA has nothing to do with status in Canada.

You need to apply to extend her stay, as per the link I provided.
You mean applying for Visitor Record? From what I heard while I was talking to CIC agent, what he said was that the length of eTA is the legal length for her to apply for Visitor Record.. Getting a bit confused now again.. I will make sure this thing with CIC agent to clarify few doubts and concern.

Thanks again for sharing,

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
You mean applying for Visitor Record? From what I heard while I was talking to CIC agent, what he said was that the length of eTA is the legal length for her to apply for Visitor Record.. Getting a bit confused now again.. I will make sure this thing with CIC agent to clarify few doubts and concern.

Thanks again for sharing,
Don't bother with the Call Centre. They are poorly trained and provide more wrong information than right.

An eTA is simply an electronic authorization that allows a person to board a commercial carrier to travel to Canada. It has nothing to do with status in Canada. Status is granted by CBSA upon entry and can be extended by applying to IRCC.

Again, she just needs to apply to extend her stay as a visitor. Follow the link I provided.

Reactions: jhoongo

jhoongo

Star Member
Nov 8, 2016
Don't bother with the Call Centre. They are poorly trained and provide more wrong information than right.

An eTA is simply an electronic authorization that allows a person to board a commercial carrier to travel to Canada. It has nothing to do with status in Canada. Status is granted by CBSA upon entry and can be extended by applying to IRCC.

Again, she just needs to apply to extend her stay as a visitor. Follow the link I provided.
Ok, I will follow the link you provided to gather the documents.
But, just clarify one thing that I'm getting confused.

So, as I posted earlier, this Letter of Introduction, https://www.dropbox.com/s/sbtv5vp3xwlw3l0/supervisa.png?dl=0, was the one that I received along with email when she initially got approved for Super Visa.

And then in the email, it said,
"Please present this letter of introduction to the immigration official at the Port of Entry. You are eligible to remain in Canada for up to 2 years from date of initial entry."​

That's the part that I was confusing as Letter of Introduction does not say anything on the letter, but it says up to 2 years in the email.
As I said, she is coming from one of Visa Exception countries, and so was I, so I guess that's why I'm getting confused.
What I'm assuming is that for non visa exception countries, people will usually get a visa on their passport for the Super Visa, and then get a Visitor Record upon initial entry.

For her case, she never received a physical visa, and only got the paper Visitor Record. So, in her case, what's the length of Super Visa granted for her? Is it just like what it says in the email? or 2 years mentioned in the email is just a maximum length of Visitor Record that people can get through Super Visa?

Also, if I apply to extend her stay as a visitor following your link, should I prepare all documents like what I've done for Super Visa? Like providing all financial supporting docs, family supporting docs, and etc?

For the last time, help me understand and clarify this..:(
Thanks a lot for your help, and sorry for keep asking similar questions, and getting it right...

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Ok, I will follow the link you provided to gather the documents.
But, just clarify one thing that I'm getting confused.

So, as I posted earlier, this Letter of Introduction, https://www.dropbox.com/s/sbtv5vp3xwlw3l0/supervisa.png?dl=0, was the one that I received along with email when she initially got approved for Super Visa.

And then in the email, it said,
"Please present this letter of introduction to the immigration official at the Port of Entry. You are eligible to remain in Canada for up to 2 years from date of initial entry."​

That's the part that I was confusing as Letter of Introduction does not say anything on the letter, but it says up to 2 years in the email.
As I said, she is coming from one of Visa Exception countries, and so was I, so I guess that's why I'm getting confused.
What I'm assuming is that for non visa exception countries, people will usually get a visa on their passport for the Super Visa, and then get a Visitor Record upon initial entry.

For her case, she never received a physical visa, and only got the paper Visitor Record. So, in her case, what's the length of Super Visa granted for her? Is it just like what it says in the email? or 2 years mentioned in the email is just a maximum length of Visitor Record that people can get through Super Visa?

Also, if I apply to extend her stay as a visitor following your link, should I prepare all documents like what I've done for Super Visa? Like providing all financial supporting docs, family supporting docs, and etc?

For the last time, help me understand and clarify this..:(
Thanks a lot for your help, and sorry for keep asking similar questions, and getting it right...
Supervisas were designed for non visa-exempt people. That LOI is one-time use. She will need to apply for it every time she wants to come to Canada and stay longer. Or she just comes as a normal visitor and applies to extend her stay.

You should have a checklist to follow for the extension app.

Reactions: jhoongo

ananthyog

Star Member
Feb 16, 2019
Hi,
So last year my mom was in similar situation you mentioned in your post. unfortunately you cannot apply for supervise within Canada. the person has to leave Canada and apply from outside. But you can apply for a visitor visa extension which is normally for one year. I applied for my mom twice and got extended both times for one year each. the first time she has to go through medical exam, second time they never asked for medical since it was done year before. forward me your email address and I can send you the sample cover letter that I used for my moms visa extension.

I am not sure about mentioning PR application in process in your invitation letter. may be someone with more experience can guide you on that.
Hi mzm26,
Can you please share or send me the cover letter that you used for your mom's visa extension if I forward you my email.thanks

ananthyog

Star Member
Feb 16, 2019
Hi experts,
I am checking online for visa extension. my parents are here on super visa for almost 2 yrs. they never traveled to any other countries in last 2 yrs.there is a question at the online tool
"Have you lived in a designated country or territory for more than six months in the last year?"
what is the answer for this question. thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi experts,
I am checking online for visa extension. my parents are here on super visa for almost 2 yrs. they never traveled to any other countries in last 2 yrs.there is a question at the online tool
"Have you lived in a designated country or territory for more than six months in the last year?"
what is the answer for this question. thanks
No.

Reactions: ananthyog

ananthyog

Star Member
Feb 16, 2019
I am just wondering when i apply for visa extension of my parents (they are in super visa here in canada) would i have to pay for 1 year insurance cost at once when i buy the policy or would it be possible take 1 yr policy and pay every month (monthly payment)? would ircc accept monthly payment of insurance for visa extension?..thanks

ananthyog

Star Member
Feb 16, 2019
please help me to find out the answer of following visa extension question.My parents are here on super visa for 2 yr and they never traveled to any other countries while they are here. When my father fill this online application for visa extension for them he needs to fill out this information for my mother (his spouse). please give me ur suggestion to following questions. Their 2 yrs of stay going to expire in november.
1.Is your family member (spouse) staying in Canada for more than 6 months AND has lived in one or more designated countries or territories for more than six months in the last year?
yes/no
2. What does your family member (spouse) want to do in Canada?
-Apply to remain in Canada as a visitor
-apply to extend work permit
-apply to extend study permit

3. Does your family member (spouse) want to restore their status in Canada?
yes/no

amanminhas

Sep 12, 2016
Hi all,
my parents are on super visa. They came to Canada in 2015 and stayed for 2 years and left. They came back again in 2018 and they only got 6 months. I applied for extension at that time and they got another year until Oct 4 this year. They issued a Visitor record. However, they left this year in Jan. My mom came back in July 2019, but my dad is coming in Oct. When my mom came back in July she didn't got any stamp and they didn't ask anything from her. CIC website mentions that they can stay upto 2 years if no stamp on passport. However, the Visitor document we had from last year the expiry is OCT 4, 2019. I am so confused now. Do I need to again apply for extension or she can stay upto 2 years as she left in Jan and came back again? Please help.

Thank you,
Aman

Reactions: rubz9911

Aspiring Canadian

Nov 10, 2016
Hi,
So last year my mom was in similar situation you mentioned in your post. unfortunately you cannot apply for supervise within Canada. the person has to leave Canada and apply from outside. But you can apply for a visitor visa extension which is normally for one year. I applied for my mom twice and got extended both times for one year each. the first time she has to go through medical exam, second time they never asked for medical since it was done year before. forward me your email address and I can send you the sample cover letter that I used for my moms visa extension.

I am not sure about mentioning PR application in process in your invitation letter. may be someone with more experience can guide you on that.
Hi mzm,

My parents were allowed a two year stay when they first came to Canada in August 2019. I'm now trying to extend their stay but have some questions regarding the invitation letter/letter of explanation for stay. 1)Do i need to mention my proof of income again in the letter of invitation? 2)What should I put as the reason for extension? Basically I want them to spend another year with me and we dont want them to travel during COVID because of fear of getting infected. Please feel free to PM me. Thanks,