+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa Extension 2022

csar428

May 11, 2022
My Super visa will be expired this coming July and my Daughter is preparing now the necessary documents for Extension.
My Question is: Do we need again to buy and submit new Private Medical Insurance validity for one year? Visa Extension only $100 but Medical Insurance is very expensive cost $1000 or more.
The Document Check list given in Extension Package does not show the Medical Insurance in it compared to the First time Application for Super Visa Document Check list it is Included there.
Please let me know your good advise
Thanks!

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
It's better to get health insurnace since any hospital visit will likely cost you much more than the $1000.

Reactions: csar428

csar428

May 11, 2022
It's better to get health insurnace since any hospital visit will likely cost you much more than the $1000.
Thanks! YVR123 for quick reply. Usually I'm paying cash each time visit to Health Clinic. So it is Mandatory to submit Medical insurance for Visa Extension. Right?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Thanks! YVR123 for quick reply. Usually I'm paying cash each time visit to Health Clinic. So it is Mandatory to submit Medical insurance for Visa Extension. Right?
I think yes. I cannot find that on the IRCC website. But I found the following in an insurnace company site that sells super visa insurance.

Do I need to extend my super visa insurance if I’m extending my stay in Canada due to the COVID-19 pandemic?

Yes. As long as you’re in Canada, you must maintain a minimum of $100,000 in insurance coverage.
Even if you only plan on visiting for three months you need insurance coverage for at least one year. But don’t worry - if you only stay three months and don’t make any claims, you will be eligible for a nine-month refund.

https://www.insurancehotline.com/super-visa-insurance-quotes/#:~:text=Do I need to extend,for at least one year.

Well, as of paying for visit to Health Clinic, they are reason for regular check ups and normal illness (like a cold). But any emergency to the hospital will cost you a lot more. My MIL had an emergency surgery and stayed in the hospital for a few days and it was NOT cheap.... (it wasn't covered by the travel insurnace that we got... only the admission and first check up was paid by the insurnace... )

Last edited:

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
Also as OP mentioned insurance cost $1000 , Please read the condition , cause a good insurance in CA which really cover in case of some mis-happening , will be definitely 2 K -2.5K+
I recently gone through this process and my parents insurance cost 5500$ (father 70 mother 64 year ) Father Heart condition but stable for last 14 years and mother has no history,
You need to be very cautious as you can get cheap insurance but at time of actual need , you will come to know this is not covered
So i gone through agent one by one each example and took what best suits to my parents
so be careful in selection also

Good Luck

Reactions: csar428 and YVR123

csar428

May 11, 2022
I think yes. I cannot find that on the IRCC website. But I found the following in an insurnace company site that sells super visa insurance.

Do I need to extend my super visa insurance if I’m extending my stay in Canada due to the COVID-19 pandemic?

Yes. As long as you’re in Canada, you must maintain a minimum of $100,000 in insurance coverage.
Even if you only plan on visiting for three months you need insurance coverage for at least one year. But don’t worry - if you only stay three months and don’t make any claims, you will be eligible for a nine-month refund.

https://www.insurancehotline.com/super-visa-insurance-quotes/#:~:text=Do I need to extend,for at least one year.

Well, as of paying for visit to Health Clinic, they are reason for regular check ups and normal illness (like a cold). But any emergency to the hospital will cost you a lot more. My MIL had an emergency surgery and stayed in the hospital for a few days and it was NOT cheap.... (it wasn't covered by the travel insurnace that we got... only the admission and first check up was paid by the insurnace... )
Thank You Very Much! it's all clear to me now. God Bless!

csar428

May 11, 2022
Also as OP mentioned insurance cost $1000 , Please read the condition , cause a good insurance in CA which really cover in case of some mis-happening , will be definitely 2 K -2.5K+
I recently gone through this process and my parents insurance cost 5500$ (father 70 mother 64 year ) Father Heart condition but stable for last 14 years and mother has no history,
You need to be very cautious as you can get cheap insurance but at time of actual need , you will come to know this is not covered
So i gone through agent one by one each example and took what best suits to my parents

Good Luck
Thanks You very much for the advice and sharing your story.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes it is mandatory to have supervisa insurance throughout your time in Canada while on a supervisa. Visiting Canada for 2 years is a privilege which comes with some requirements because most are parents are seniors and many do end up seeking medical care at a certain point. You should also expect that you will likely have to repeat the medical when trying to to extend your stay. At a certain point you will have to return home since the supervisa is still only a visitor visa.

CanadianDreamer@TO

Jul 23, 2021

Good Luck
Can you PM the agent name and contact details? I am looking to do some research on parent's insurance.

CanadianDreamer@TO

Jul 23, 2021

Good Luck
Can you PM the agent name and contact details? I am looking to do some research on parent's insurance.