+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa-Do Parents need Funds Proof??Urgent

IT applicant

May 22, 2009
Hi All,

For super visa,as per form IMM5275,we need to indicate 'Funds available for my stay'(this needs to be filled on page 2)

Can someone plz let me know how much funds our parents need to show and mention in this form to qualify for supervisa?

Plz note that this is different from Low Income Cut-off(LICO) for which the sponsor needs to show his income proof

Thnx

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
Income Table

Effective from January 1 to December 31 2011

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5256E8.asp

IT applicant

May 22, 2009
Hi,
I am aware of the LICO as I mentioned in my post above,which requires me to show my income proof etc..

However what I need to know is the information we need to input in the field 'Funds available for stay'...

Thnx

mutt391

Star Member
Aug 25, 2010
Vancouver,BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-05-2010
Nomination.....
31-03-2010
AOR Received.
10-09-2010
IELTS Request
Not Required
File Transfer...
Never Happened..
Med's Request
10-09-2010
Med's Done....
21-09-2010 (Sent to Ottawa Per Medical Personel)
Interview........
Not Required.
Passport Req..
01-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
PP Sent: 04-04-2011 /PP & VISA RECEIVED: 29-04-2011
LANDED..........
1-05-2011
IT applicant said:
Hi,
I am aware of the LICO as I mentioned in my post above,which requires me to show my income proof etc..

However what I need to know is the information we need to input in the field 'Funds available for stay'...

Thnx
The VOs dont take the amount you put into that slot that much into consideration. Especially if its this type of application. It's obvious that you will be their primary provider for the trip. I put around 4 to 5 grand when I applied for permanent residency + a job offer. It should be the same thing for a supervisa. You basically acting as the job offer.

I'm planning to apply my folks as well soon. Let us know how your application went. Hope this helped.

Good luck :)

caninfoseeker

Aug 25, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney
the thing is that they have not tailored any special forms and applications for super visa, they have
used the same format of TRV. so at some places not clear information given. What you can do is, if your parents have some savings than mention them, its better to mention because that will make visa officer more comfortable to issue visa. No doubt you will also show your income/ assets at your end as per application (this is what happens in all TRV)
all the best

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
I will highly discourage to put 4/5K in that box. Put as much as you have. This box is probably for the applicant himself/herself (your parents). I'm not sure if you can combine your funds with your parents' here which will make it lot higher.

Supervisa is still a tourist visa, so the VO will definitely check upon the wealth and funds.

canada.insurance

Jan 3, 2012
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi!More information you can find on government web site. But definetely you have to satisfy an immigration officer that you have ties, such as a job, stability. Also satisfy an immigration officer that your parents will leave Canada at the end of their visit;
A key requirement for obtaining a Super Visa is proof of private medical insurance from a Canadian insurance company for one year, with coverage of $100,000

Gary Goldshmidt

Dec 4, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Update be carefull when looking at income requirements. One of the paralegals who I deal with just had a Super Visa Application denied due to income. Here is what happened my client has a family of three in Canada however he also sponsored two other people for a visitors visa. The two other people are not in Canada or visiting Canada at the time of the Super Visa Application. When he applied for the Super Visa for his parents another two people immigration determined that he requiered a family income of seven people not three. His family in Canada is three people plus two he already sponsored and two additional people he applied for the Super Visa. When calculating income requirements please take these factors into account otherwise you will be denied, this person needed to meet the income threshhold of seven people. He thought it was five and the client was heartbroken when he was denied, I of course refunded his entire insurance premium.