+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa dilemma! Country of residence vs Nationality

chelseafc99

Star Member
Nov 9, 2015
Hi All,
So i'm planning to apply for my mum's super visa.

Here are some problems:
1) Her country of nationality is Pakistan but she lives in Qatar on a Family Visa. Meaning, she has been living their for almost 27 years now under my dad's sponsorship. Their is no way of attaining permanent residency in some middle eastern countries as you all are aware. My dad himself is on a work visa.
2) She has no employment and is financially dependent on my father.
3) She has been denied TRV a couple of times. The main reason was immigration status of country of residence. We mentioned her Status as PR and attached her PR card for Qatar. But in GCMS it said their is no avenue for her to be a PR. Which makes sense because the status is renewed on a yearly basis. Although it is a PR card it has an expiry and classified as family sponsorship. So i guess by CIC definition its not a PR. We did not know this before. So now we are putting her status as Family Visa for Qatar and will write an explanation defining this. Furthermore, i did not attach any ties to Pakistan in previous applications. Later i realized this was a mistake.

Here are some rays of light (i think)
1) She has two properties in her name back in Pakistan
2) She has a bank account with an okay balance in Pakistan
3) My sister lives in Pakistan (so a family tie i guess)
4) My youngest brother lives in Qatar and will not be accompanying the trip due to school (family tie--> attaching school enrollment letter
5) My father lives in Qatar and will not be accompanying her and I will not be applying for his super visa to show the tie (Family tie--> attaching employment letter)

So now i will be attaching ties in Pakistan as frankly she does not have strong ties in Qatar except Family.
Can i expect the Super Visa to be refused? Is their anything else i can attach for Qatar or in general or mention anything in specific in invitation letter or LOE to have a better chance?

Your help will be appreciated down to the core of my heart!
Thanks a ton folks.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

1) Her country of nationality is Pakistan but she lives in Qatar on a Family Visa. Meaning, she has been living their for almost 27 years now under my dad's sponsorship. Their is no way of attaining permanent residency in some middle eastern countries as you all are aware. My dad himself is on a work visa.
She must submit documents for her dependent resident visa.

2) She has no employment and is financially dependent on my father.
Understandable. This situation cannot be changed.

3) She has been denied TRV a couple of times. The main reason was immigration status of country of residence. We mentioned her Status as PR and attached her PR card for Qatar. But in GCMS it said their is no avenue for her to be a PR. Which makes sense because the status is renewed on a yearly basis. Although it is a PR card it has an expiry and classified as family sponsorship. So i guess by CIC definition its not a PR. We did not know this before. So now we are putting her status as Family Visa for Qatar and will write an explanation defining this. Furthermore, i did not attach any ties to Pakistan in previous applications. Later i realized this was a mistake.
She does not hold PR status in Qatar, but she has a dependent resident visa that must be renewed regularly. IRCC had correctly indicated that she does not have PR status.

Here are some rays of light (i think)
1) She has two properties in her name back in Pakistan
2) She has a bank account with an okay balance in Pakistan
3) My sister lives in Pakistan (so a family tie i guess)
As she has lived away from Pakistan for 27 years, these ties to Pakistan do not count whether it is for a super visa or a TRV. Nonetheless, they can be included as ties.

4) My youngest brother lives in Qatar and will not be accompanying the trip due to school (family tie--> attaching school enrollment letter

5) My father lives in Qatar and will not be accompanying her and I will not be applying for his super visa to show the tie (Family tie--> attaching employment letter)
I assume he is a minor. Again, a super visa would mean your mom can stay away from your dad and your brother for an initial duration of up to two years = Indirectly implies they are not strong family ties to return to.

So now i will be attaching ties in Pakistan as frankly she does not have strong ties in Qatar except Family.
Can i expect the Super Visa to be refused? Is their anything else i can attach for Qatar or in general or mention anything in specific in invitation letter or LOE to have a better chance?
The key questions are for how long does your mom intend to visit? Is she applying for a super visa because of the previous TRV refusals?

Cheers

Reactions: chelseafc99

chelseafc99

Star Member
Nov 9, 2015
Hi,

She must submit documents for her dependent resident visa.

Understandable. This situation cannot be changed.

She does not hold PR status in Qatar, but she has a dependent resident visa that must be renewed regularly. IRCC had correctly indicated that she does not have PR status.

As she has lived away from Pakistan for 27 years, these ties to Pakistan do not count whether it is for a super visa or a TRV. Nonetheless, they can be included as ties.

I assume he is a minor. Again, a super visa would mean your mom can stay away from your dad and your brother for an initial duration of up to two years = Indirectly implies they are not strong family ties to return to.

The key questions are for how long does your mom intend to visit? Is she applying for a super visa because of the previous TRV refusals?

Cheers
Thanks for your detailed response Bryanna.

I'm putting down two months for the super visa. For the TRV i put down two weeks. Do you think i should shorten the trip to three weeks for the Super visa?

Yes my brother is a minor.
I'm applying for the super visa because i am eligible for it now. I just recently got my PR.

Do you think i should apply for TRV instead with the updated documents and the learnings i've had with previous refusal?

Its just a little painful to prove ties to Qatar except family for my mother.
Thank you!

Last edited:

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I'm putting down two months for the super visa. For the TRV i put down two weeks. Do you think i should shorten the trip to three weeks for the Super visa?
Super visas are for long stay i.e. up to 2 years. If your mom would like to visit for only two months then you may want to reconsider reapplying for a TRV with stronger evidence of her ties to both Qatar + Pakistan.

Its just a little painful to prove ties to Qatar except family for my mother.
1. When did she apply for TRV?
2. What were the refusal reasons?
3. How long did she want to visit at that time? Purpose of visit?
4. What documents did she submit?