+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa Denied - Insurance

chinesecanadian87

Star Member
Jan 30, 2017
My dad's Supervisa was denied today the reason that we did not provide proof of private medical insurance from a Canadian company. I don't understand, we provided 1 year supervisa insurance from Manulife, paid in full and submitted that with the application. There is no appeal process, should i contact my MP? any suggestions are appreciated.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My dad's Supervisa was denied today the reason that we did not provide proof of private medical insurance from a Canadian company. I don't understand, we provided 1 year supervisa insurance from Manulife, paid in full and submitted that with the application. There is no appeal process, should i contact my MP? any suggestions are appreciated.
I would try submitting a reconsideration request via webform.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Was that the only reason for refusal? Did your parents pass the medical. If yes to both, then as suggested submit webform with proof of medical insurance.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

leo1971

Apr 9, 2018
My mother super visa also rejected that I do not provided proof of medical insurance. Did u appealed thru we form as suggested by someone in the thread? And was this helpful?

chinesecanadian87

Star Member
Jan 30, 2017
My mother super visa also rejected that I do not provided proof of medical insurance. Did u appealed thru we form as suggested by someone in the thread? And was this helpful?
we applied through webform - did not get a response for many days. we have been in contact with our MPP - where are you applying from?

leo1971

Apr 9, 2018
It cannot be processed from Canada. May have applied on behalf of them but it is processed from country the parents are currently in.
I applied on behalf of my mother from Canada as her representative, it was duly processed. Her medical was also approved, they rejected as: proof of super visa private medical insurance from a Canadian Insurance Company not provided, or is no longer valid. It was in January this year, as the medical was delayed so I asked the agent to increase the coverage period let’s say before it was Jan 23 to Jan 24, after 3 months I asked to change from April 23 to April 24, and the recently from Sep 23 to Sep 24. I think when he went to check in the insurance company portal he thinks it has not yet started and rejected the case

chinesecanadian87

Star Member
Jan 30, 2017
I applied on behalf of my mother from Canada as her representative, it was duly processed. Her medical was also approved, they rejected as: proof of super visa private medical insurance from a Canadian Insurance Company not provided, or is no longer valid. It was in January this year, as the medical was delayed so I asked the agent to increase the coverage period let’s say before it was Jan 23 to Jan 24, after 3 months I asked to change from April 23 to April 24, and the recently from Sep 23 to Sep 24. I think when he went to check in the insurance company portal he thinks it has not yet started and rejected the case
This is basically what happened to me, we applied in February and put the insurance start date as June. it was not processed in June so we had the insurance company change the date forward to August. it was denied based on not provided. I don't understand what they want us to put on the insurance policy, you have to put a date it as a holding date which can be adjusted. why don't they ask for the insurance certiricate at the end of processing..