+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super visa Biometric collection

MANDYG

Star Member
May 25, 2015
IELTS Request
NA
Hi friends,

I have submitted my super visa for parents. They just got new passports expired in 2033. When I am applying super visa, the question about biometircs, I just simply answered "NO" to the first question because we would like to give biometric again. My parents got their first biometrics in 2019, so it will be expired in 2029. Visa valid date is the shorter of expiration date (2029) and passport expiration date of 2033. Because we want to give biometric again, so I chose "no" to the first question. I also paid $170 for biometric fee. However, after submitted, my father, the principal applicant page shows that his biometric expired in 2029. I am still waiting for biometric collection letter, so if I paid fee already, does it mean I will get the collection letter for sure? Does any one have the same situation? Usually collection letter will be received within 24 hours, I am still waiting for it now. Thank you.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hi friends,

I have submitted my super visa for parents. They just got new passports expired in 2033. When I am applying super visa, the question about biometircs, I just simply answered "NO" to the first question because we would like to give biometric again. My parents got their first biometrics in 2019, so it will be expired in 2029. Visa valid date is the shorter of expiration date (2029) and passport expiration date of 2033. Because we want to give biometric again, so I chose "no" to the first question. I also paid $170 for biometric fee. However, after submitted, my father, the principal applicant page shows that his biometric expired in 2029. I am still waiting for biometric collection letter, so if I paid fee already, does it mean I will get the collection letter for sure? Does any one have the same situation? Usually collection letter will be received within 24 hours, I am still waiting for it now. Thank you.
No, IRCC will decide if they want you to do it again. If not you won't hear from them except to tell you they have refunded the fees.

MANDYG

Star Member
May 25, 2015
IELTS Request
NA
Thanks. Can I send webform request to do Biometric? Do you think it will work to get the biometric letter? I really don't want the refund

MANDYG

Star Member
May 25, 2015
IELTS Request
NA
No, IRCC will decide if they want you to do it again. If not you won't hear from them except to tell you they have refunded the fees.
Thanks. Can I send webform request to do Biometric? Do you think it will work to get the biometric letter? I really don't want the refund.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Thanks. Can I send webform request to do Biometric? Do you think it will work to get the biometric letter? I really don't want the refund.
As I said, they will decide, nothing you can do but wait and see what they say. I don't really understand your position. You have it for 6 years from now, what's the advantage to extend it for an extra few years, that's a long time from now?

MANDYG

Star Member
May 25, 2015
IELTS Request
NA
As I said, they will decide, nothing you can do but wait and see what they say. I don't really understand your position. You have it for 6 years from now, what's the advantage to extend it for an extra few years, that's a long time from now?
thanks. I just don't want to apply visa again in 2029. I hope my parents can have a ten year visa if they can :)

harpreet8

Aug 24, 2023
thanks. I just don't want to apply visa again in 2029. I hope my parents can have a ten year visa if they can :)
Hey what was the result? Did IRCC send new biometrics letter or did the refund the fee? Did sending a webform help?

thomas06

Star Member
Feb 18, 2020
Hi friends,

Please let me know what your result and I am in the same boat.
Did you parents get the visa until biometrics expiry date?

I did the same mistake my parents done biometrics in 2019 and valid for 2029. I applied last month for supervisa and I am almost in the final decision now. I got an update in the portal about my biometrics letter which is valid for 2029.

So, I am worried to will they get the visa for 5 years instead of 10 years.

harpreet8

Aug 24, 2023
Please let me know what your result and I am in the same boat.
Did you parents get the visa until biometrics expiry date?

I did the same mistake my parents done biometrics in 2019 and valid for 2029. I applied last month for supervisa and I am almost in the final decision now. I got an update in the portal about my biometrics letter which is valid for 2029.

So, I am worried to will they get the visa for 5 years instead of 10 years.
can you submit a webform and say that you would like to do re-enrollment of biometrics?

thomas06

Star Member
Feb 18, 2020
can you submit a webform and say that you would like to do re-enrollment of biometrics?
In the portal they made the decision I hope in couple of days I will receive the passport request letter .

So there is an option I can pay the online biometric fees and update through webform to request for new biometrics.

In the mean time I am sure will get the passport request letter so I want to make another webform to extend the letter since new biometric request

So I am thinking if I did this both there are chance also at the same time maybe they will hold the file and won't see for long time .

So far I will get the 5 years now .