+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa Big Problems

joe9kah

Dec 20, 2015
Hi Everyone ,

I have filled the initial questionnaire using "determine your eligibility" tool on CIC website for super visa of my parent. However, I have following problems/queries :-

1) I want to do all the paper work from Canada (as my parents wont be able to do any paper work from back home), What will be the process for this? Should I start an online application separately for my mom/dad ? Am I the representative? I want to have access to all the paper work.

2) My parent doesn't have a marriage certificate (yes, earlier registering a marriage was never a big deal in my country, only traditional marriage was given importance) , however, all their official documents including passports bear each others name as wife/husband and my birth certificate bear their name as well. Will this be a huge problem? Do they need to have a marriage certificate for super visa? Is there an alternative for this?

3) After paying for the medical insurance, if visa application is rejected in any case, will that money be refunded by insurance companies?

4) For family information (declaring all siblings of my parents) - some of the siblings are not in contact and we doesnt have the birth date, what to do in this case? Should we just mention the name?

Thanks

dr_jaat

Star Member
Nov 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Canada
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2015
Doc's Request.
Upfront
Nomination.....
NO
AOR Received.
11-12-2015
Passport Req..
04-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
30-05-2016
LANDED..........
05-06-2016
Hi Everyone ,

I have filled the initial questionnaire using "determine your eligibility" tool on CIC website for super visa of my parent. However, I have following problems/queries :-

1) I want to do all the paper work from Canada (as my parents wont be able to do any paper work from back home), What will be the process for this? Should I start an online application separately for my mom/dad ? Am I the representative? I want to have access to all the paper work.
You would be a representative and would need to have representative form completed.

2) My parent doesn't have a marriage certificate (yes, earlier registering a marriage was never a big deal in my country, only traditional marriage was given importance) , however, all their official documents including passports bear each others name as wife/husband and my birth certificate bear their name as well. Will this be a huge problem? Do they need to have a marriage certificate for super visa? Is there an alternative for this?
That's fine. We got TRV for my parents and we used affidavit from parents along with letter of explanation citing law that marriage registration was not mandatory at that time. Additionally, we used personal information page on passport and my school mark-sheets having parents name mentioned as parents.

3) After paying for the medical insurance, if visa application is rejected in any case, will that money be refunded by insurance companies?
Depends on your insurance provider. I have heard some providers refund the costs paid for the remaining duration of visit if the super visa holder leaves earlier than the duration of insurance. You will need to talk to the insurance provider.

4) For family information (declaring all siblings of my parents) - some of the siblings are not in contact and we doesnt have the birth date, what to do in this case? Should we just mention the name?

Thanks
I believe you could use estimated date of births and have a letter of explanation saying you don't have any communication and have broken ties to those siblings. However, it may negatively affect parents ties to home country and weaken the application. If I were you, I would try to get that information. You may have old school documents or pics lying around in house or something.
Depending on where you live, it might be easy to get DOB information from public sources too.

Cheers!
dr_jaat

joe9kah

Dec 20, 2015
You would be a representative and would need to have representative form completed.

That's fine. We got TRV for my parents and we used affidavit from parents along with letter of explanation citing law that marriage registration was not mandatory at that time. Additionally, we used personal information page on passport and my school mark-sheets having parents name mentioned as parents.

Depends on your insurance provider. I have heard some providers refund the costs paid for the remaining duration of visit if the super visa holder leaves earlier than the duration of insurance. You will need to talk to the insurance provider.

I believe you could use estimated date of births and have a letter of explanation saying you don't have any communication and have broken ties to those siblings. However, it may negatively affect parents ties to home country and weaken the application. If I were you, I would try to get that information. You may have old school documents or pics lying around in house or something.
Depending on where you live, it might be easy to get DOB information from public sources too.

Cheers!
dr_jaat
1) Where will the processing take place? If I file it online, will it be processed by an officer in Canada or India?
2) Can you provide me a template for affidavit and letter of explanation? What do I have to include in these docs?
3) Can you please provide more info about where to find these insurance providers, trustworthy ones?

joe9kah

Dec 20, 2015
Also, how do I get started? Should I pay to an agent in Canada or India for doing all the process? Problem is that I dont know what details should I put in these additional documents like invitation letter, affidavits, letter of explanations etc . What is the format for these?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
1) Where will the processing take place? If I file it online, will it be processed by an officer in Canada or India?
Online applications can be processed by any visa office in IRCC's global visa office network, not necessarily by the visa office that's responsible for the applicant's territory/country.

2) Can you provide me a template for affidavit and letter of explanation? What do I have to include in these docs?
The lawyer would have the standard formats for the affidavit. IMO, the affidavit is not required as your passport states the names of your parents.

3) Can you please provide more info about where to find these insurance providers, trustworthy ones?
You can Google. You can also check www.bestquotetravelinsurance.ca for super visa insurance options and insurance rates. There's also a Q&A section on typical questions

Also, how do I get started? Should I pay to an agent in Canada or India for doing all the process? Problem is that I dont know what details should I put in these additional documents like invitation letter, affidavits, letter of explanations etc . What is the format for these?
Do search for a thread on Super Visas by Rossei. It runs into several pages and has a good deal of helpful information

Reactions: lachy_

joe9kah

Dec 20, 2015
Online applications can be processed by any visa office in IRCC's global visa office network, not necessarily by the visa office that's responsible for the applicant's territory/country.

The lawyer would have the standard formats for the affidavit. IMO, the affidavit is not required as your passport states the names of your parents.

You can Google. You can also check www.bestquotetravelinsurance.ca for super visa insurance options and insurance rates. There's also a Q&A section on typical questions

Do search for a thread on Super Visas by Rossei. It runs into several pages and has a good deal of helpful information
Do my parents need to provide their marriage certificate for super visa? Please let me know as this is my main point of concern.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Do my parents need to provide their marriage certificate for super visa? Please let me know as this is my main point of concern.
No. Your birth certificate and/or your passport which states their names as your parents is necessary

joe9kah

Dec 20, 2015
No. Your birth certificate and/or your passport which states their names as your parents is necessary
There is also another document in the checklist - "Purpose of Travel" - what wordings should be put in it? Should it be attested? A letter or affidavit? From my parents home country or I can write it and get it attested from there behalf in Canada?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
There is also another document in the checklist - "Purpose of Travel" - what wordings should be put in it? Should it be attested? A letter or affidavit? From my parents home country or I can write it and get it attested from there behalf in Canada?
Purpose of Travel: Day-by-day detailed itinerary with expense estimates.

It's not an affidavit, does not require attestation. A simple worksheet would suffice

joe9kah

Dec 20, 2015
Purpose of Travel: Day-by-day detailed itinerary with expense estimates.

It's not an affidavit, does not require attestation. A simple worksheet would suffice
can you please share an example? does this mean that an air ticket itinerary is required? My parents are just coming to meet me and will go to see Niagara falls, cn tower or anything local in Toronto.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
can you please share an example? does this mean that an air ticket itinerary is required? My parents are just coming to meet me and will go to see Niagara falls, cn tower or anything local in Toronto.
You can include provisional flight itineraries (not confirmed tickets).

Example:
Day 1, Thursday, August 31, 2017:
Activity - Travel to Toronto by car from ABCD reaching Toronto before 10pm.
Est. Expenses Gas and Tolls CAD XXX + Food CAD 35 x 2 Adults = CAD XXX

Day 2, Friday, September 1, 2017:
Staying in and spending time at home with our host
Est. Expenses = CAD 0

Day 3, Saturday, September 2, 2017:
Sightseeing - Downtown Toronto visiting places like CN Tower, Harbourfront Centre, etc
Est. Expenses CN Tower Entry CAD XX x 2 Adults + Lunch CAD XX x 2 Adults + Coffee CAD XX x 2 Adults = CAD XXX

Day 4, Sunday, September 3, 2017:
Activity - Visit to Niagara Falls for the whole day along with whole family
Est. Expenses All meals CAD XX x 2 Adults + Gas and Tolls CAD XXX = CAD XXX

joe9kah

Dec 20, 2015
You can include provisional flight itineraries (not confirmed tickets).

Example:
Day 1, Thursday, August 31, 2017:
Activity - Travel to Toronto by car from ABCD reaching Toronto before 10pm.
Est. Expenses Gas and Tolls CAD XXX + Food CAD 35 x 2 Adults = CAD XXX

Day 2, Friday, September 1, 2017:
Staying in and spending time at home with our host
Est. Expenses = CAD 0

Day 3, Saturday, September 2, 2017:
Sightseeing - Downtown Toronto visiting places like CN Tower, Harbourfront Centre, etc
Est. Expenses CN Tower Entry CAD XX x 2 Adults + Lunch CAD XX x 2 Adults + Coffee CAD XX x 2 Adults = CAD XXX

Day 4, Sunday, September 3, 2017:
Activity - Visit to Niagara Falls for the whole day along with whole family
Est. Expenses All meals CAD XX x 2 Adults + Gas and Tolls CAD XXX = CAD XXX
Does this mean , that if they are coming for 2 months then I have to write this for 60 days ? I guess out of 60 days, my parents will stay in house for atleast 40 days. Can I sum up that in one section?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Does this mean , that if they are coming for 2 months then I have to write this for 60 days ? I guess out of 60 days, my parents will stay in house for atleast 40 days. Can I sum up that in one section?
I recommend you keep their visit to 3-4 weeks max. A visit of 2 months indicates weak ties.

The itinerary does not have to show them traveling/out-and-about/sightseeing every day. They can stay in on some days

joe9kah

Dec 20, 2015
I recommend you keep their visit to 3-4 weeks max. A visit of 2 months indicates weak ties.

The itinerary does not have to show them traveling/out-and-about/sightseeing every day. They can stay in on some days
If it is 3-4 weeks , then wont the officer say to apply for a regular tourist visa instead of a super visa which allows them to stay for more than a year in one stretch?

joe9kah

Dec 20, 2015

Like the whole point of applying for super visa is that they stay here for 3-6 months or more and can come back and visit whenever they want.