+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa Approved After Withdraw application

preet14

Star Member
May 22, 2016
Hello,

We applied for my mother's super visa in April 2022. Medical and Biometrics were done in May 2022. But IRCC did not make any move for more than 8 months so this Tuesday(January 10th 2023) we sent an application to withdraw the file so that we can reapply but on Wednesday we received the Passport request.

Now we are worried that the withdrawal application might cause some future concerns even once the passport has a visa stamped on it. Can someone please advise if there could be any issues because of this withdrawal request?

Saam_Nepal

Mar 6, 2015
Hi, we did visitor's visa application (not supervisa) for our parents on July 22, 2021. Biometrics done July 28, 2021. After that no updates at all. When we enquired about it; they were like we can't answer you because you are not listed as representative of applicant. Then we did submitted the form and finally I am authorized representative for them to communicate the update to. After that too when we enquired they just keep on replying with the general response. Like we are processing your application. Check online for updates, etc etc. I am so furious about how they work.
Thanks for your post; it made me a little hopeful. I am going to withdraw the application right away. There is no point in waiting anyway. I am going to start supervisa application this time maybe.
Thank you for letting me vent lol. And sorry I don't have answer to your question.

Saam_Nepal

Mar 6, 2015
How did you withdraw BTW. I could not find any option to withdraw the application online. I send a webform requesting to withdraw. Did they refund your application fee?

karankullar

Jul 11, 2012
Surrey, BC
Hi, we did visitor's visa application (not supervisa) for our parents on July 22, 2021. Biometrics done July 28, 2021. After that no updates at all. When we enquired about it; they were like we can't answer you because you are not listed as representative of applicant. Then we did submitted the form and finally I am authorized representative for them to communicate the update to. After that too when we enquired they just keep on replying with the general response. Like we are processing your application. Check online for updates, etc etc. I am so furious about how they work.
Thanks for your post; it made me a little hopeful. I am going to withdraw the application right away. There is no point in waiting anyway. I am going to start supervisa application this time maybe.
Thank you for letting me vent lol. And sorry I don't have answer to your question.
If you applied for visitor visa between January 2021 and October 2021, just reapply. There was an email telling us that there was an issue with the applications and a lot of them weren't valid applications anymore. They did not refund the visa application fees either.

I applied on January 1st, 2021 and got a refusal for not providing biometrics, in November 2021. The thing is, biometrics weren't open in India at that time, and when they did open, we were never able to book an appointment.

tldr: Reapply and don't bother with the older application. Just address that application in your invitation letter.

Reactions: Saam_Nepal

Saam_Nepal

Mar 6, 2015
If you applied for visitor visa between January 2021 and October 2021, just reapply. There was an email telling us that there was an issue with the applications and a lot of them weren't valid applications anymore. They did not refund the visa application fees either.

I applied on January 1st, 2021 and got a refusal for not providing biometrics, in November 2021. The thing is, biometrics weren't open in India at that time, and when they did open, we were never able to book an appointment.

tldr: Reapply and don't bother with the older application. Just address that application in your invitation letter.
Thank you. Will reapply then.
I just submitted webform asking them to withdraw the application. The automated message said, "If you submitted an application before September 7,2021, your situation has changed, and you are eligible to enter Canada, you may wish to submit a new, online application. " The situation has not changed so I was confused if this would apply to us. After your reply I am assured that I need to apply again.
So frustrating that they did not even ask us to reapply when they responded to our enquiries like on actual (not automated response).

This was what they said on their last response on Dec 16 2022.
'We acknowledge receipt of the documents and wish to inform you that they have been added to the file. Please note, for technical reasons, they may not be visible in your online account. Rest assured that your supporting documents are indeed added and available for officer review.

Additionally, we verified the information you provided and can confirm that the application is still in process.

Kindly note, you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

While your application is being processed, we recommend consulting the Check your application status page to learn how we are processing applications during the pandemic and how to check the status of your application:'

karankullar

Jul 11, 2012
Surrey, BC
Thank you. Will reapply then.
I just submitted webform asking them to withdraw the application. The automated message said, "If you submitted an application before September 7,2021, your situation has changed, and you are eligible to enter Canada, you may wish to submit a new, online application. " The situation has not changed so I was confused if this would apply to us. After your reply I am assured that I need to apply again.
So frustrating that they did not even ask us to reapply when they responded to our enquiries like on actual (not automated response).

This was what they said on their last response on Dec 16 2022.
'We acknowledge receipt of the documents and wish to inform you that they have been added to the file. Please note, for technical reasons, they may not be visible in your online account. Rest assured that your supporting documents are indeed added and available for officer review.

Additionally, we verified the information you provided and can confirm that the application is still in process.

Kindly note, you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

While your application is being processed, we recommend consulting the Check your application status page to learn how we are processing applications during the pandemic and how to check the status of your application:'
Their communication regarding the issues they had in 2021 was inadequate to say the least. And the fact that they didn't refund people when it was their internal systemic issues that caused the problem, is also unacceptable.

I am simply reapplying for super visa in a week or so now. No point thinking about their messes. Have been dealing with IRCC for so long that nothing surprises me anymore.

preet14

Star Member
May 22, 2016
All this delay has caused so much concern for us now. We sent the withdrawal application and the next day IRCC asked for the Passport. we submitted the passport and send another request to disregard the withdrawal application. Do you have any idea if it wold cause any concerns in the future?

Their communication regarding the issues they had in 2021 was inadequate to say the least. And the fact that they didn't refund people when it was their internal systemic issues that caused the problem, is also unacceptable.

I am simply reapplying for super visa in a week or so now. No point thinking about their messes. Have been dealing with IRCC for so long that nothing surprises me anymore.

karankullar

Jul 11, 2012
Surrey, BC
All this delay has caused so much concern for us now. We sent the withdrawal application and the next day IRCC asked for the Passport. we submitted the passport and send another request to disregard the withdrawal application. Do you have any idea if it wold cause any concerns in the future?
It's anyone's guess at this point. I would just send the passports as quickly as possible. And considering how slow these people are, hopefully, the consulate will stamp the passport before the IRCC staff looks at the cancellation request. Good luck!

Saam_Nepal

Mar 6, 2015

Very true!

preet14

Star Member
May 22, 2016
Thank you. yeah, we sent the passport on the same day we received the request. Keeping our fingers crossed that there won't be any issues..

It's anyone's guess at this point. I would just send the passports as quickly as possible. And considering how slow these people are, hopefully, the consulate will stamp the passport before the IRCC staff looks at the cancellation request. Good luck!

armel10

Jun 2, 2023
Hello I have applied for my parent's super visa but I have not submitted their financial situation, should I be worried??? The documents I submitted are: 1. Letter of invitation with my citizenship certificate 2. proof of income: notice of assessment 3. national identity document: identity card 4. travel document: passport 5. proof of funds: a short note that I am the one who will pay for everything with a sermon signed by the sermation commissioner of Quebec, my savings account of $25,000, My payment stubs 6. relationship: birth certificate 7. Marriage certificate: extract from the marriage certificate 8. health insurance 9. additional documents: - travel history: two stays in Belgium