+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa Application within Canada -- Required Forms?

toronto27

Star Member
May 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-Jan-2014 11:15am
Hi all,

I am new to this form and Super Visa application process. I am a Canadian Citizen and applying for Super Visa for my parents who are already in Canada on a Visitor visa.

Questions:
1) What forms I need to feel up and where to send the application package? Can't find list of forms for in-Canada applicants on CIC site.
2) Do they need to go through medical exam before or after the application?
3) Their passport is expiring in Dec 2014, can it be renewed from a local consulate?

I apologize if these questions are already answered somewhere else, in that case a link to answer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
You can apply for 2 year extension ( I believe from vegriville ) - ask user "suin", she got her folks 2 year ext and if you search a bit more here, you will find others who have done

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
Yes, we did apply for my Mom's extension of stay twice successfully. And we are planning to try the 3rd time too... Though it would be very convenient if we could apply for her super visa, but we do not know if it's possible to file for super visa being in Canada, i.e. inland.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
You can get more info about super visa on this link:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/supervisa.asp

toronto27

Star Member
May 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Thank you User and Suin for your replies.

One more question to Suin, when you say you applied for extensions twice, you mean extension for visitor visa? And also do you happen to know if a person can renew the passport in Canada while being on a visitor visa from a local consulate?

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
toronto27 said:

One more question to Suin, when you say you applied for extensions twice, you mean extension for visitor visa? And also do you happen to know if a person can renew the passport in Canada while being on a visitor visa from a local consulate?
They have visa beyond validity of their current passport? isnt there a rule that when u apply for extension the passport has to be valid for 6 months or more

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
toronto27 said:

Yes, we extended my Mom's visit here twice, for a total of 3 years. And yes, the passport can be renewed in the consulate of your country located in Canada.

toronto27

Star Member
May 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Thanks again Suin and User for your helpful comments.

CPA2CANADA

Jun 9, 2009
Calgary Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London, United Kingdom
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 1, 2009
Doc's Request.
Jun 4, 2009
AOR Received.
Aug 12, 2009
Med's Request
Sep 16, 2009
Med's Done....
Oct 1, 2009
Passport Req..
Oct 20, 2009
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 15, 2009
LANDED..........
in July 8, 2010 (Toronto)
guys i got this response from CPP Ottawa..I just submitted the application of my mother last week..I will keep you posted guys...

Dear Client,

The Temporary Resident Unit of the Case Processing Pilot – Ottawa (“CPP-O”) is able to process Super Visa applications if the applicant is currently in Canada under a valid status.

For your information, the applicant may have a valid status (tourist or Visitor Record) during the all process. As the processing time could take several weeks, the applicant may extend his/her stay in Canada by submitting an application to the CPC Vegreville (AB): http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/extend-stay.asp, in order to obtain a new Visitor Record.

Once the status has been extended (if needed), the applicant is able to send his/her application to our office:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/supervisa.asp
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/canada/ottawa.asp

Please note that the applicant may include a proof that he/she will travel outside of Canada. Once he/she receives the Super Visa, the applicant needs to enter to Canada to validate his/her Super Visa.

Sincerely,

sbhusan

Apr 22, 2008
Dear CPA2CANADA,
Any news on the supervisa application ?I am planning to apply for supervisa for my parents and i too got the same link from CPP Ottawa. But have confusion on the document checklist as there were two document checklists available one for applicants within canada other one for outside. The one for applicants within canada does not have a supervisa section on it where as the other has. Which one did you choose?

Thanks,
SB

toronto27

Star Member
May 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
I applied for my parents' Super Visa online. Submitted all documents online in pdf format. If you are applying for Super Visa still it's considered an extension of stay so you pay $75 for each applicant. Here is the link which will direct you to make an application online.

(www).cic.gc.ca/english/visit/extend/visa.asp (remove brackets from www)

Click 1. Determine how you will apply. There is to Determine your eligibility and apply online. Follow the steps, read everything carefully.

Hope this helps and let me know if andone needs help with document list etc.

Gary Goldshmidt

Dec 4, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just to add the insurance requirements for a super visa are the same when applying within Canada. You still need to provide proof of insurance to submit with a super visa application. The one benefit of applying for a super visa withing Canada is it much easier to get medicals done and there is less scrutiny of the applications. The fact that someone is already here in Canada mean they were already approved of being admissible as a visitor.

mang_teo

May 29, 2014
CPA2CANADA said:
guys i got this response from CPP Ottawa..I just submitted the application of my mother last week..I will keep you posted guys...

Dear Client,

The Temporary Resident Unit of the Case Processing Pilot – Ottawa (“CPP-O”) is able to process Super Visa applications if the applicant is currently in Canada under a valid status.

For your information, the applicant may have a valid status (tourist or Visitor Record) during the all process. As the processing time could take several weeks, the applicant may extend his/her stay in Canada by submitting an application to the CPC Vegreville (AB):

Once the status has been extended (if needed), the applicant is able to send his/her application to our office:

Please note that the applicant may include a proof that he/she will travel outside of Canada. Once he/she receives the Super Visa, the applicant needs to enter to Canada to validate his/her Super Visa.

Sincerely,
Hi there! I just wanted to know po... How did it go after you last posted? Were you able to convert your mom's extension to an actual supervisa?

Gary Goldshmidt

Dec 4, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have many clients that apply for a super visa within Canada and so far they never encountered a problems. Keep in mind this is far more common for visitors from visa exempt countries such as the UK. For those that applied from countries where a visa is required once they are in Canada on a Visitors Visa they can apply to extend their stay by applying for a Super Visa for their parents or grandparents. What CIC letter states that one must have a valid visitors visa to apply for a Super Visa. This is obvious without a valid visitors visa one should not be in Canada anyway. As far as processing times are concerned to apply for a Super Visa, this is due to the fact that medical are required and CIC needs time to process the application. It would be advisable to apply for a Super Visa for those are already in Canada visiting as soon as they know their visit will be longer than six month and at least eight weeks before the expiry of their visitors visa to allow time for processing.

For more information visit my website
https://www.stone-hedgefinancialgroup.ca/super-visa-insurance
https://www.stone-hedgefinancialgroup.ca/super-visa-insurance-FAQ

Good Luck

Gary Goldshmidt
Toll Free 1.888.410.4393
Direct Toronto Tel: 416.410.4393

happyself

Jan 3, 2017
Hi ,

My Mom is on visitor's visa which is valid for 6 months stay and the visa is valid till passport expire i.e till August 2018 .

I haven't applied for any extention till now and wish to apply for super visa instead.
Just wanted to seek guidance, is it ok do so ? as I'm fearing the super visa application should be rejected on the grounds that she still holds valid visitor's visa till 2018 and did not apply for any extentions.

Please advise...