+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa Application - Timeline and my Experience

vkamath

Nov 30, 2022
Hello All,

Nationality: Indian

Wanted to share my parents super visa application timeline and experience. I got my my PPR on 11th Jan 2023 and i got my eCOPR on 23rd Jan 2023. I started my parents Super Visa application as soon as I got my PPR.

Police Clearance Certificates
I started the process on 12 or 13th Jan. The entire process took about 2-3 weeks. I strongly recommend to provide a Police clearance when you are applying for super visa.

Super Visa Insurance
I searched for multiple site and insurance agencies. The rates are pretty much the same. I took it from Punjab Insurance in Surrey BC.

Support Letter
Take your time on this, Write a detailed letter Below is what i wrote
1. Reason of Visit: Write for how much time you are inviting them and what is the plan during their stay in Canada be honest. I wrote that they will be relaxing at my home.
2. Visitors Background
3. Parents Financial Assets

4. Visitor's Travel History: If your parents have any travel history explain that including overstays and refusals. In my case, my parents were stuck when they visited me in US in 2020 due to COVID restrictions and I did not feel safe to send them via repatriation flights hence i applied for I94 extension so in provided that.
5. Inviter Details: I explained my stay and status in Canada.

Document Gathering
This took me about 2 months from Feb-March. it is very important to provide strong ties to your home country and financial independence. Below is a list of documents
  1. Net worth Certificate: This is a Certificate issue by a CA after verifying all the assets. This should contain the CA's UDIN. I had this done and ensure the valuation is in Rupees and CAD.
  2. Property paper color scans
  3. Rental agreement. My parents are retired and they earn the income via rentals and FD interests.
  4. Bank Statements
  5. FD Statements

Upfront Medicals
I got the upfront medicals done after i applied for the super visa. My dad had a cataract operation hence we could get the medical done before.

Other Important Documents
  1. Employment Letter
  2. Payslips and T4 and NOA to provide LICO
  3. My PR Card Scan
  4. Proof of relationship with parents: For this I created a word document and explained by showing the names in passport.
  5. Marriage Proof for parents: My parents do not have a marriage certificate. I created a word document and highlighted the passport names.
  6. Passport Scans for parents

DateActivity/Application Status
5th April 2023Application Submitted and Paid the visa fees
5th April 2023AOR/BIL received for Mom. Not for Dad
11th April 2023Biometrics for Mom Done and Linked
14th April 2023ADR for Dad, this ADR stated that i did not pay biometric fees for my father. I provided a LOE with the proof of payment screenshot
19th April - 3rd May 2023IRCC Strike. No Action on application
12th May 2023BIL received for Dad.
15th May 2023Medical's passed
16th May 2023BIL Linked for dad and completed.
24th May 2023Dad's Medical passed. PPR received for Mom/Dad
26th May 2023Passport Submission at VFS Mumbai.

IRCC kept the promise as per the timeline page and the application was approved within 52 working days. It would have been soon if the strike was averted.

I hope this help you in your case. Good Luck

Last edited:

mrchandu

Star Member
Dec 18, 2017
Thanks for sharing your experience. I am not sure if it works for everyone. But I did not submit a single financial document of my parents. I only submitted my NOA, T4 and my bank statement with $5000.

Applied - 5th April

Biometrics Letter - 6th April

Biometrics Updated - 11th April for Principal Applicant and 12th April for Secondary Applicant.

Medical Request - 18th April

Medicals Given - 24th April

Medicals uploaded for Primary Applicant - 28th April

Medicals Passed - 1st May for Principal Applicant.

BVL and PPR - 2nd May for Principal Applicant

Medicals uploaded for Secondary Applicant - 3rd May

Medicals Passed , BVL and PPR - 5th May for Secondary Applicant.

vkamath

Nov 30, 2022
Thanks for sharing your experience. I am not sure if it works for everyone. But I did not submit a single financial document of my parents. I only submitted my NOA, T4 and my bank statement with $5000.

Applied - 5th April

Biometrics Letter - 6th April

Biometrics Updated - 11th April for Principal Applicant and 12th April for Secondary Applicant.

Medical Request - 18th April

Medicals Given - 24th April

Medicals uploaded for Primary Applicant - 28th April

Medicals Passed - 1st May for Principal Applicant.

BVL and PPR - 2nd May for Principal Applicant

Medicals uploaded for Secondary Applicant - 3rd May

Medicals Passed , BVL and PPR - 5th May for Secondary Applicant.
Good for you. I did not want any refusal for ties to home country.

manchesano

May 15, 2023
Hey bro thanks for sharing your update. I had the exact same situation. Applied on 6th April. Recived BIL for mom and not for dad saying i didnt pay for it. I was confused and paid the fee again and uploaded the receipt. I probably should have added the explanation letter with original receipt but thought that would delay processing hence didnt do that.

I finally got BIL for my dad on May 16th but no update since. And the status is "we are reviewing the additional document provided" which means the receipt that uploaded. It seems the additional receipt has caused more hassle than not. I am not even sure if i should ask for a refund now. What would you do?
Hello All,

Wanted to share my parents super visa application timeline and experience. I got my my PPR on 11th Jan 2023 and i got my eCOPR on 23rd Jan 2023. I started my parents Super Visa application as soon as I got my PPR.

I started the process on 12 or 13th Jan. The entire process took about 2-3 weeks. I strongly recommend to provide a Police clearance when you are applying for super visa.

Super Visa Insurance
I searched for multiple site and insurance agencies. The rates are pretty much the same. I took it from Punjab Insurance in Surrey BC.

Support Letter
1. Reason of Visit: Write for how much time you are inviting them and what is the plan during their stay in Canada be honest. I wrote that they will be relaxing at my home.
2. Visitors Background

4. Visitor's Travel History: If your parents have any travel history explain that including overstays and refusals. In my case, my parents were stuck when they visited me in US in 2020 due to COVID restrictions and I did not feel safe to send them via repatriation flights hence i applied for I94 extension so in provided that.

Document Gathering
This took me about 2 months from Feb-March. it is very important to provide strong ties to your home country and financial independence. Below is a list of documents
  1. Net worth Certificate: This is a Certificate issue by a CA after verifying all the assets. This should contain the CA's UDIN. I had this done and ensure the valuation is in Rupees and CAD.
  3. Rental agreement. My parents are retired and they earn the income via rentals and FD interests.
  4. Bank Statements
  5. FD Statements

Upfront Medicals
I got the upfront medicals done after i applied for the super visa. My dad had a cataract operation hence we could get the medical done before.

1. Employment Letter
  3. My PR Card Scan
  4. Proof of relationship with parents: For this I created a word document and explained by showing the names in passport.
  5. Marriage Proof for parents: My parents do not have a marriage certificate. I created a word document and highlighted the passport names.

14th April 2023ADR for Dad, this ADR stated that i did not pay biometric fees for my father. I provided a LOE with the proof of payment screenshot

IRCC kept the promise as per the timeline page and the application was approved within 52 working days. It would have been soon if the strike was averted.

Reactions: ashmaitsingh

vkamath

Nov 30, 2022
Hey bro thanks for sharing your update. I had the exact same situation. Applied on 6th April. Recived BIL for mom and not for dad saying i didnt pay for it. I was confused and paid the fee again and uploaded the receipt. I probably should have added the explanation letter with original receipt but thought that would delay processing hence didnt do that.

I finally got BIL for my dad on May 16th but no update since. And the status is "we are reviewing the additional document provided" which means the receipt that uploaded. It seems the additional receipt has caused more hassle than not. I am not even sure if i should ask for a refund now. What would you do?
Did your father complete his biometrics if yes that should be linked. If you are from India and I guess you are coming up on the two month threshold soon. So I recommend raising a web form or reaching out to your MP

manchesano

May 15, 2023
Did your father complete his biometrics if yes that should be linked. If you are from India and I guess you are coming up on the two month threshold soon. So I recommend raising a web form or reaching out to your MP
Yes the biometrics is done. I am from Nepal. They just increased the processing time today to 84 days. Not sure what's going on there. It was at 57 days when I applied.

ashmaitsingh

Star Member
Apr 13, 2023
Hello All,

Super Visa Insurance

Support Letter
2. Visitors Background

Document Gathering
  4. Bank Statements
  5. FD Statements

Upfront Medicals

1. Employment Letter
  3. My PR Card Scan

for property papers, were they in english? did you add their translation copies?

vkamath

Nov 30, 2022
for property papers, were they in english? did you add their translation copies?
I am from Mumbai and the property papers are in English and Marathi. I Excluded the Marathi part of the papers like registration, tax certificates which are in Marathi. I didn't want to have the hassle of translation

Reactions: ashmaitsingh

armel10

Jun 2, 2023
Hello I have applied for my parent's super visa but I have not submitted their financial situation, should I be worried??? The documents I submitted are: 1. Letter of invitation with my citizenship certificate 2. proof of income: notice of assessment 3. national identity document: identity card 4. travel document: passport 5. proof of funds: a short note that I am the one who will pay for everything with a sermon signed by the sermation commissioner of Quebec, my savings account of $25,000, My payment stubs 6. relationship: birth certificate 7. Marriage certificate: extract from the marriage certificate 8. health insurance 9. additional documents: - travel history: two stays in Belgium

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello I have applied for my parent's super visa but I have not submitted their financial situation, should I be worried??? The documents I submitted are: 1. Letter of invitation with my citizenship certificate 2. proof of income: notice of assessment 3. national identity document: identity card 4. travel document: passport 5. proof of funds: a short note that I am the one who will pay for everything with a sermon signed by the sermation commissioner of Quebec, my savings account of $25,000, My payment stubs 6. relationship: birth certificate 7. Marriage certificate: extract from the marriage certificate 8. health insurance 9. additional documents: - travel history: two stays in Belgium
It is always good to show their own funds/bank accounts to strengthen their profile but for super visa not necessary. Did you include the mandatory document for a supervisa - one year of medical insurance? See health insurance so assume same thing. Are they waiting to do their medicals and biometrics when requested?

Last edited:
Reactions: canuck78

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
The 60 days is just an goal and not a promise. A large proportion of supervisa applications take much longer than 60 days. If there are any irregularities or serious medical conditions indicated in the medical that will already add 1 -1.5 months for a health professional to review the file and determine if further testing is necessary. Unless a case is reviewed by AI it typically takes 2-3 months even for TRV for younger people.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes the biometrics is done. I am from Nepal. They just increased the processing time today to 84 days. Not sure what's going on there. It was at 57 days when I applied.
Posted processing times are just estimates and often incorrect. Would not focus on the date too much and compare to other similar cases from your country.

Reactions: vkamath

vkamath

Nov 30, 2022
The reason I showed the funds and property papers are to prove financial independence and to show strong ties back home respectively. Dont worry many people do not provide that and the application is processed. But honestly cannot say how the VO sees as each office can interpret the law in their differently

Reactions: Naturgrl