+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa application The use of 2017 NOA

Patel Patel

Star Member
Sep 20, 2017
Hi everyone,
I am in a dilemma about the use of my 2017 NOA for the super visa application for my parents that I will be submitting on Friday, March 8, 2019. My query is that can I still include 2017 NOA into my March 2019 application since I haven’t had my taxes done yet so I don’t have the 2018 NOA. Do you think that my visa application would be rejected just on the basis of the fact I did not include my 2018 NOA even though it’s alreadt March, 2019 that I am applying. And the reason I can’t wait for my new NOA because I want to invite my parents in the beginning of May and it’s already super late to apply for super visa in order for them to visit me this May if their visa gets approved. So, I am not able to wait anymore for the new NOA.

Can someone please provide their valuable opinion into this matter? I would really really appreciate the help.

P.S. however I do have the T4 for 2018.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi everyone,
I am in a dilemma about the use of my 2017 NOA for the super visa application for my parents that I will be submitting on Friday, March 8, 2019. My query is that can I still include 2017 NOA into my March 2019 application since I haven’t had my taxes done yet so I don’t have the 2018 NOA. Do you think that my visa application would be rejected just on the basis of the fact I did not include my 2018 NOA even though it’s alreadt March, 2019 that I am applying. And the reason I can’t wait for my new NOA because I want to invite my parents in the beginning of May and it’s already super late to apply for super visa in order for them to visit me this May if their visa gets approved. So, I am not able to wait anymore for the new NOA.

Can someone please provide their valuable opinion into this matter? I would really really appreciate the help.

P.S. however I do have the T4 for 2018.
Actually, IRCC suggests submitting the NOAs for the last three years even for super visa applications. So, you'll be fine if you include your 2017 NOA. Hopefully, your income was above LICO.

You would also include your 2018 T4 + employment letter + bank statements + financial investments, etc

Patel Patel

Star Member
Sep 20, 2017
Actually, IRCC suggests submitting the NOAs for the last three years even for super visa applications. So, you'll be fine if you include your 2017 NOA. Hopefully, your income was above LICO.

You would also include your 2018 T4 + employment letter + bank statements + financial investments, etc
Thank you so much Bryanna for your expert advice. Actually it’s my husband’s income which will play a major part to meet the LICO since his NOA shows 65,000 for the 2017 and my income was very very low for both 2017 and 2018. So is it ok to show his income as an indication of meeting LICO? Since it’s my parents who we are applying for!

Also, the another thing is my husband’s 2018 T4 shows 94,000 and mine is very low again in that year.

And we have only included 2017 NOA. Not for the last 3 years since previous years NOA does not meet LICO and we got married only in 2017.

I have only included bank letter which says how much money we have in both of our accounts which is approx 22,000 and 7000 approx respectively For my husband and mine. We did not included bank statement though.

Sorry, The reason wrote down all the financial info here is because I want your proper guidance before submitting the application.

Can you please advice me if these all seems ok towards the approval of visa?
Thank you so much

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thank you so much Bryanna for your expert advice. Actually it’s my husband’s income which will play a major part to meet the LICO since his NOA shows 65,000 for the 2017 and my income was very very low for both 2017 and 2018. So is it ok to show his income as an indication of meeting LICO? Since it’s my parents who we are applying for!
Not an issue. As your spouse, he can provide proofs of his income. Basically, you need to prove that either both of you jointly.... or only him solely.... meet LICO.

It's not an issue if you don't include your income proofs i.e. if your husband meets LICO on his own.

Both you and your husband must co-sign the invitation letter + include a copy of your marriage certificate + other relevant documents

Also, the another thing is my husband’s 2018 T4 shows 94,000 and mine is very low again in that year.
Not a problem.

And we have only included 2017 NOA. Not for the last 3 years since previous years NOA does not meet LICO and we got married only in 2017.
It's only a suggestion given by IRCC. No hard-and-fast rule about submitting 3 years' NOAs for super visas.

Applicants were granted super visas by submitting only one recent NOA.

I have only included bank letter which says how much money we have in both of our accounts which is approx 22,000 and 7000 approx respectively For my husband and mine. We did not included bank statement though.
Bank statements are advisable.

Can you please advice me if these all seems ok towards the approval of visa?
It's fine in terms of your finances as super visa hosts. Their chances of approval would also depend on their purpose of visit + some reasonable ties to their home country

Patel Patel

Star Member
Sep 20, 2017
Thank you so much for clearing my doubts. Just to make it more clear, by your advise it means that including 2017 NOA and 2018 T4 would not create any problem and not to worry about NOT including the 2018 NOA. Did I understand right? Thanks much

Patel Patel

Star Member
Sep 20, 2017
Not an issue. As your spouse, he can provide proofs of his income. Basically, you need to prove that either both of you jointly.... or only him solely.... meet LICO.

It's not an issue if you don't include your income proofs i.e. if your husband meets LICO on his own.

Both you and your husband must co-sign the invitation letter + include a copy of your marriage certificate + other relevant documents

Not a problem.

It's only a suggestion given by IRCC. No hard-and-fast rule about submitting 3 years' NOAs for super visas.

Applicants were granted super visas by submitting only one recent NOA.

Bank statements are advisable.

It's fine in terms of your finances as super visa hosts. Their chances of approval would also depend on their purpose of visit + some reasonable ties to their home country
Thank you so much Bryanna for clearing my doubts. Just to make it more clear, by your advise it means that including 2017 NOA and 2018 T4 would not create any problem and not to worry about NOT including the 2018 NOA. Did I understand right? Thanks much

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thank you so much Bryanna for clearing my doubts. Just to make it more clear, by your advise it means that including 2017 NOA and 2018 T4 would not create any problem and not to worry about NOT including the 2018 NOA. Did I understand right? Thanks much
You can.... but don't forget to include your employment letter which states your job title, salary, etc + the other financial documents (bank statement + pension statement + any investments). You can mention that you don't have your 2018 NOA and will submit it ASAP

Patel Patel

Star Member
Sep 20, 2017
You can.... but don't forget to include your employment letter which states your job title, salary, etc + the other financial documents (bank statement + pension statement + any investments). You can mention that you don't have your 2018 NOA and will submit it ASAP
Thanks Bryanna, Yes I will include the employment letter with salary and job title details, pay stubs, bank statement etc. But I’m sorry I didn’t get the last part where you said I can mention that I don’t have 2018 NOA and “WILL SUBMIT ASAP.” What does that mean? Doesn that mean I can submit new NOA even after submitting the whole super visa application? I thought once I submit the application then it’s done. I can no longer send any documents.
Please guide. Thanks

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thanks Bryanna, Yes I will include the employment letter with salary and job title details, pay stubs, bank statement etc. But I’m sorry I didn’t get the last part where you said I can mention that I don’t have 2018 NOA and “WILL SUBMIT ASAP.” What does that mean? Doesn that mean I can submit new NOA even after submitting the whole super visa application? I thought once I submit the application then it’s done. I can no longer send any documents.
Please guide. Thanks
You should wait until you get your 2018 NOA before you apply for your parents' super visas. The focus is on your income/financial support.

As you are in a hurry to submit their applications, you must submit multiple evidence prove you meet LICO + you have liquid/invested finances.

Yes, you can upload/email your NOA later when their applications are being processed. You can do this through the IRCC web form + email their local visa office

Patel Patel

Star Member
Sep 20, 2017
You should wait until you get your 2018 NOA before you apply for your parents' super visas. The focus is on your income/financial support.

As you are in a hurry to submit their applications, you must submit multiple evidence prove you meet LICO + you have liquid/invested finances.

Yes, you can upload/email your NOA later when their applications are being processed. You can do this through the IRCC web form + email their local visa office
Ok, I understand that. Can you please tell me the steps on how exactly I can submit the new NOA later after submitting my application. I don’t know which IRCC web form. And how can I email it to them and what should I mention into the email. My parents are residing in Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India. So how can I find out about the email address of visa office. I’m sorry for asking too many questions. But I really need your valuable guidance. It would be great if you can list down all the details for me, please on the exact steps for sending the new NOA later on after the submission.

I would really really appreciate your help. Thank you

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Ok, I understand that. Can you please tell me the steps on how exactly I can submit the new NOA later after submitting my application. I don’t know which IRCC web form. And how can I email it to them and what should I mention into the email. My parents are residing in Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India. So how can I find out about the email address of visa office. I’m sorry for asking too many questions. But I really need your valuable guidance. It would be great if you can list down all the details for me, please on the exact steps for sending the new NOA later on after the submission.

I would really really appreciate your help. Thank you
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

It is the Bangalore visa office for Ahmedabad applications:
General: BAGLR-IMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca

Patel Patel

Star Member
Sep 20, 2017
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

It is the Bangalore visa office for Ahmedabad applications:
General: BAGLR-IMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca
Thank you so much bryanna for giving me the exact location of visa office along with the email address. I hearty appreciate all the help and advise that you provided. I will submit the application within 2-3 days. And I will definitely update you with the result. They have done the upfront Medicals too. So, hopefully the processing time is not that long for their application. Once again thank you so much. You are a very helpful person.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thank you so much bryanna for giving me the exact location of visa office along with the email address. I hearty appreciate all the help and advise that you provided. I will submit the application within 2-3 days. And I will definitely update you with the result. They have done the upfront Medicals too. So, hopefully the processing time is not that long for their application. Once again thank you so much. You are a very helpful person.
You're most welcome :)

I recommend you mention/reference your financial proofs in your invitation letter and also in the cover letters for your parents + your income exceeds LICO for X persons + you will submit the NOA as soon as possible

Patel Patel

Star Member
Sep 20, 2017
You're most welcome :)

I recommend you mention/reference your financial proofs in your invitation letter and also in the cover letters for your parents + your income exceeds LICO for X persons + you will submit the NOA as soon as possible
Sure Bryanna. I will mention that into the cover letter since the invitation letter has already been prepared and notarized by an MLA. So, I can’t edit it anymore.

And I would also like to ask you about the “express NOA” (something newly launched by CRA this year)...my accountant said that if I want an express NOA for this visa application purpose then we can get one. It comes right away (the soft copy). But in that case, I would never get the actual one. Like never.. I sort of will have to survive with that only express NOA for the entire year. Means, if I choose to get that one, then I will never get the actual NOA in mail that we used to get before. If I don’t select the express NOA option then I can definitely get the actual NOA (same as before). So it’s only “either or” he said.

Now my question is do you know if we can use that for this visa application? I have never seen that how it looks like, nor my accountant since it’s newly launched this year and None of his clients selected that option so he doesn’t know either how it looks like. And as I said there is no experiment. If I choose to get that one then I will never have an option to have the actual one. So, what would be your opinion Bryanna? (In order to use that for my application)
Thank you so much

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Sure Bryanna. I will mention that into the cover letter since the invitation letter has already been prepared and notarized by an MLA. So, I can’t edit it anymore.
Just to clarify:
1. Has your MP prepared/signed your invitation letter?

2. Notarization is not required.

And I would also like to ask you about the “express NOA” (something newly launched by CRA this year)...my accountant said that if I want an express NOA for this visa application purpose then we can get one. It comes right away (the soft copy). But in that case, I would never get the actual one. Like never.. I sort of will have to survive with that only express NOA for the entire year. Means, if I choose to get that one, then I will never get the actual NOA in mail that we used to get before. If I don’t select the express NOA option then I can definitely get the actual NOA (same as before). So it’s only “either or” he said.
That's right. Either you or your accountant (as your representative) can use Express NOA. You need to use a .EFILE or .NETFILE-certified tax software for this.

You can view your NOA immediately after CRA processes it. You will be able to view/print your Express NOA anytime and keep it in your records. CRA will not send you a paper print.

Now my question is do you know if we can use that for this visa application? I have never seen that how it looks like, nor my accountant since it’s newly launched this year and None of his clients selected that option so he doesn’t know either how it looks like. And as I said there is no experiment. If I choose to get that one then I will never have an option to have the actual one. So, what would be your opinion Bryanna? (In order to use that for my application)
Thank you so much
It is the same. You can submit this Express NOA for your parents super visas