+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super visa application questions.

aspirecanada2021

Star Member
Jul 15, 2021
India
Hi all,

I am Canadian PR holder and my father is currently in Canada on visitor visa. My sister lives in USA. We are from India. My father travels between Canada, US and India. I have following questions:

1. Can super visa be applied when my father is in Canada? Where does the stamping for super visa is done (assuming its approved)? Is passport stamping done essentially in India or can it be stamped in Canada/USA if father is in Canada/USA (assuming super visa is approved)?

2. How long is the super visa is issued for? Is it issued till the date of passport expiry? Is it advisable to renew the passport first (father's passport expiry in end 2023) and then apply?

3. Do my father need to submit biometrics again? He had submitted biometrics for Visitor visa (which was approved) - can these biometrics be used for his super visa application?

4. If my father is in Canada - can the medical examination for super visa be done in Canada? Or if he is in USA, can the medical examination be done in USA for super visa? Or does he has to essentially travel to India for medical examination?

If you have any idea about any of these question, please reply.

Thanks.

AtulxGupta

Dec 31, 2022
Hi, I have a similar query, how did you go about applying the super visa? I only want to know if my Indian parent can apply for supervisa from USA.

aspirecanada2021

Star Member
Jul 15, 2021
India
Hi, I have a similar query, how did you go about applying the super visa? I only want to know if my Indian parent can apply for supervisa from USA.
I have already applied for my father's supervisa and it has been approved, stamped and my father is now in Canada on supervisa.

We submitted the supervisa application in India which is the country of citizenship of my father and his residence too. My father was in India when the application was submitted. So his health checkup etc were done in India.

It seems that when the super visa application is submitted, the person should not be in Canada...they may later enter Canada if they have TRV. Later if supervisa is approved, then they can step outside and enter again on super visa. However, for super visa application health insurance is needed. That needs to be worked out with the insurance provider in case the applicant is already in the country on TRV ---- Exact rules must be clarified from certified immigration consultant or immigration lawyer....this is summary of what I was able to understand in my consultation ....

My father's supervisa was approved in India and, when it was approved, he was actually in USA. So then we got the stamping done in USA using two way courier service.