+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa application questions

aspirecanada2021

Star Member
Jul 15, 2021
India
Hi all,

I am Canadian PR holder and my father is currently in Canada on visitor visa. My sister lives in USA. We are from India. My father travels between Canada, US and India. I have following questions:

1. Can super visa be applied when my father is in Canada? Where does the stamping for super visa is done (assuming its approved)? Is passport stamping done essentially in India or can it be stamped in Canada/USA if father is in Canada/USA (assuming super visa is approved)?

2. How long is the super visa is issued for? Is it issued till the date of passport expiry? Is it advisable to renew the passport first (father's passport expiry in end 2023) and then apply?

3. Do my father need to submit biometrics again? He had submitted biometrics for Visitor visa (which was approved) - can these biometrics be used for his super visa application?

4. If my father is in Canada - can the medical examination for super visa be done in Canada? Or if he is in USA, can the medical examination be done in USA for super visa? Or does he has to essentially travel to India for medical examination?

If you have any idea about any of these question, please reply.

Thanks.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi all,

I am Canadian PR holder and my father is currently in Canada on visitor visa. My sister lives in USA. We are from India. My father travels between Canada, US and India. I have following questions:

1. Can super visa be applied when my father is in Canada? Where does the stamping for super visa is done (assuming its approved)? Is passport stamping done essentially in India or can it be stamped in Canada/USA if father is in Canada/USA (assuming super visa is approved)?

2. How long is the super visa is issued for? Is it issued till the date of passport expiry? Is it advisable to renew the passport first (father's passport expiry in end 2023) and then apply?

3. Do my father need to submit biometrics again? He had submitted biometrics for Visitor visa (which was approved) - can these biometrics be used for his super visa application?

4. If my father is in Canada - can the medical examination for super visa be done in Canada? Or if he is in USA, can the medical examination be done in USA for super visa? Or does he has to essentially travel to India for medical examination?

If you have any idea about any of these question, please reply.

Thanks.
You have to apply for a supervisa outside Canada. He can do the medicals anywhere. He should renew his passport first. Biometrics are good for 10 years. The big issue is that your father isn’t showing any ties to his home country. That may be an issue. You will need to show that you have earned over LICO to qualify. Preferred document is NOA.

Reactions: Terang1987

aspirecanada2021

Star Member
Jul 15, 2021
India
@canuck78 Thanks for your response. I am not clear about the "You have to apply for a supervisa outside Canada " ... do you mean to say that if my father is in Canada visiting me, we cannot apply for supervisa? Does he needs to be outside Canada when application is submitted?
Is it possible that after application is submitted, he can come and visit me (since he has TRV) before the super visa decision is given....

My father likes to live in India only, it just due to Covid pandemic and his age risk factor, he is spending more time in USA/Canada... once this pandemic gets settled further, he intends to spend more time in India only where he likes to be.....

Any idea about stamping? I mean to ask that suppose he is in USA and if his super visa is approved, can he get that stamped in USA or he has to essentially travel to India to get it stamped?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
@canuck78 Thanks for your response. I am not clear about the "You have to apply for a supervisa outside Canada " ... do you mean to say that if my father is in Canada visiting me, we cannot apply for supervisa? Does he needs to be outside Canada when application is submitted?
Is it possible that after application is submitted, he can come and visit me (since he has TRV) before the super visa decision is given....

My father likes to live in India only, it just due to Covid pandemic and his age risk factor, he is spending more time in USA/Canada... once this pandemic gets settled further, he intends to spend more time in India only where he likes to be.....

Any idea about stamping? I mean to ask that suppose he is in USA and if his super visa is approved, can he get that stamped in USA or he has to essentially travel to India to get it stamped?
He cannot apply for a supervisa inside Canada. He must be outside Canada to apply. He can then visit you in Canada while waiting for decision. He can get it stamped in the US.

Reactions: canuck78

ashikn

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
Hi, Is there anyone from Bangladesh who applied for Super Visa for his or her parent or grandparent? Just to get some idea how long its taking time who applied from Bangladesh. I have just submitted my month's super visa application 1st of Oct and her bio got updated within 2 days. No update of her medical (we have done her medical early to faster the process). Applicate your kind response

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, Is there anyone from Bangladesh who applied for Super Visa for his or her parent or grandparent? Just to get some idea how long its taking time who applied from Bangladesh. I have just submitted my month's super visa application 1st of Oct and her bio got updated within 2 days. No update of her medical (we have done her medical early to faster the process). Applicate your kind response
There is no set timeline. Couple be a few weeks or multiple months before they hear about approval/refusal.

ashikn

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
There is no set timeline. Couple be a few weeks or multiple months before they hear about approval/refusal.
Thanks for your response. Have you recently applied from Bangladesh or Just sharing a typical timeline of Super Visa.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for your response. Have you recently applied from Bangladesh or Just sharing a typical timeline of Super Visa.
Answer based on others who have posted about their applications from Bangladesh and general supervisa applications.

Bella987

Jun 27, 2021
Super visa timeline - applied April 27th from Punjab , india. Approved 10th November 2022.
I have a question , she will get her super visa for 5 years with stamped duration on it , if she wants to go back to india to visit her parents for 1 month in between 5 years , she will have her medical insurance , will she be able to get the same remaining duration upon return back to Canada or could it get complicated or her stay could get reduced or something I should know ?

armel10

Jun 2, 2023
Hello I have applied for my parent's super visa but I have not submitted their financial situation, should I be worried??? The documents I submitted are: 1. Letter of invitation with my citizenship certificate 2. proof of income: notice of assessment 3. national identity document: identity card 4. travel document: passport 5. proof of funds: a short note that I am the one who will pay for everything with a sermon signed by the sermation commissioner of Quebec, my savings account of $25,000, My payment stubs 6. relationship: birth certificate 7. Marriage certificate: extract from the marriage certificate 8. health insurance 9. additional documents: - travel history: two stays in Belgium

aspirecanada2021

Star Member
Jul 15, 2021
India
Hello I have applied for my parent's super visa but I have not submitted their financial situation, should I be worried??? The documents I submitted are: 1. Letter of invitation with my citizenship certificate 2. proof of income: notice of assessment 3. national identity document: identity card 4. travel document: passport 5. proof of funds: a short note that I am the one who will pay for everything with a sermon signed by the sermation commissioner of Quebec, my savings account of $25,000, My payment stubs 6. relationship: birth certificate 7. Marriage certificate: extract from the marriage certificate 8. health insurance 9. additional documents: - travel history: two stays in Belgium
I dont know..... typically you should always submit the financial documents for parents, their assets at home, and sort of financial proof that they will return back etc...