+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super visa application from within Canada

dork113

Sep 20, 2021
Hi Everyone

We have my MIL here on Visitor Visa. She's unable to travel by herself or live alone in India - so the 6 months on Visitor's visa is a challenge for her. I realize that the Super Visa application should be done outside Canada - but wondering if any one has had experience doing so from Canada for humanitarian reasons. What process did you follow?

Also, would it be best to do this through an immigration lawyer or go for an online application

Any pointers you can share will be really helpful

Thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Everyone

We have my MIL here on Visitor Visa. She's unable to travel by herself or live alone in India - so the 6 months on Visitor's visa is a challenge for her. I realize that the Super Visa application should be done outside Canada - but wondering if any one has had experience doing so from Canada for humanitarian reasons. What process did you follow?

Also, would it be best to do this through an immigration lawyer or go for an online application

Thank you
It isn’t possible to get a supervisa from Canada so you’ll either have to return with her or try to keep on extending her TRVs. How old is she? How long has she been visiting Canada? Is she wheelchair bound? Does she does have a serious medical condition? What actually makes it impossible for her to travel back to her home country or is this just a strong preference and out of concern given her age? Has her health changed dramatically since she was able to enter Canada? Do you have any medical documentation backing up her health deteriorating? Was she able to obtain travel medical insurance and was she in the same condition when she got approved for the travel mefical insurance? Does she have any family in India especially children. I know that culturally the oldest son is supposed to take care of the parents but IRCC want to know if any of the children live in India. Assume you meet LICO. Was there a reason you didn’t apply for a supervisa and went for. TRV for her current visa?

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi Everyone

Thank you
Official link https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/parent-grandparent-super-visa/eligibility.html

From the link

You must also:

• apply for a super visa from outside Canada
  • have your visa printed outside Canada (wait for visa office instructions)

Reactions: canuck78

dork113

Sep 20, 2021
It isn’t possible to get a supervisa from Canada so you’ll either have to return with her or try to keep on extending her TRVs. How old is she? How long has she been visiting Canada? Is she wheelchair bound? Does she does have a serious medical condition? What actually makes it impossible for her to travel back to her home country or is this just a strong preference and out of concern given her age? Has her health changed dramatically since she was able to enter Canada? Do you have any medical documentation backing up her health deteriorating? Was she able to obtain travel medical insurance and was she in the same condition when she got approved for the travel mefical insurance? Does she have any family in India especially children. I know that culturally the oldest son is supposed to take care of the parents but IRCC want to know if any of the children live in India. Assume you meet LICO. Was there a reason you didn’t apply for a supervisa and went for. TRV for her current visa?
Hi - We went for TRV as SuperVisa processing time was too long, and we did not want her to stay alone in India, No significant changes in health condition since she has arrived. But she's not able to live by herself in India and with work - we don't have the option to stay with her and wait it out

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi - We went for TRV as SuperVisa processing time was too long, and we did not want her to stay alone in India, No significant changes in health condition since she has arrived. But she's not able to live by herself in India and with work - we don't have the option to stay with her and wait it out
In that case you can extend TRV. SV can't be applied within Canada.