+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa App with no Job

alexadetu

Jan 15, 2021
Hello All,

I became a permanent resident of Canada in 2020. I have been working in construction(civil eng degree) as a project coordinator on and off since graduating in 2018. I've been unlucky and have only been getting contract positions so no real job security but I have saved enough money(roughly 30K) to take care of my parents when they visit. Currently, though I am unemployed and I am getting EI. The liquid cash I have saved right now is still not close to the 3 person(myself and my parents) lowest income minimum of $39,672. My T4s from my previous employer has my income closer to the 65-70K range though, the years for this return are 2018-2020

My question is as follows:
  1. How will my current unemployment affect my application for supervisa despite me still having about $30K in savings
  2. In the invitation letter, is it alright to say my parents will take care of some costs? I think showing that my parents have money to look after themselves will help my lack of a job
  3. Should I just wait till I am able to get a secure job before applying?
  4. Anyone who has had to apply for a super visa without a job? What did you do?
Thanks.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello All,

I became a permanent resident of Canada in 2020. I have been working in construction(civil eng degree) as a project coordinator on and off since graduating in 2018. I've been unlucky and have only been getting contract positions so no real job security but I have saved enough money(roughly 30K) to take care of my parents when they visit. Currently, though I am unemployed and I am getting EI. The liquid cash I have saved right now is still not close to the 3 person(myself and my parents) lowest income minimum of $39,672. My T4s from my previous employer has my income closer to the 65-70K range though, the years for this return are 2018-2020

1. How will my current unemployment affect my application for supervisa despite me still having about $30K in savings
  2. In the invitation letter, is it alright to say my parents will take care of some costs? I think showing that my parents have money to look after themselves will help my lack of a job
Thanks.
What will your 2020 income be on your NOA?

Tanmay0123

Aug 30, 2020
Hello All,

Thanks.
Hello, did you get a visa? Please share. I am in the same boat. Please and thank you

armel10

Jun 2, 2023
Bonjour, j'ai demandé le super visa de mes parents mais je n'ai pas soumis leur situation financière, dois-je m'inquiéter ??? Les documents que j'ai soumis sont : 1. Lettre d'invitation avec mon certificat de citoyenneté 2. preuve de revenu : avis d'imposition 3. pièce d'identité nationale : carte d'identité 4. document de voyage : passeport 5. preuve de fonds : une brève note que je suis celui qui paiera tout avec un sermon signé par le commissaire à la sermation du Québec, mon compte d'épargne de 25 000 $, mes talons de paiement 6. lien de parenté : acte de naissance 7. acte de mariage : extrait d'acte de mariage 8. assurance maladie 9. complémentaire documents : - historique de voyage : deux séjours en Belgique