+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa - anyone applied as yet?

twuser

Star Member
Mar 8, 2017
gurpreetsb7 said:
hello all members

i need help. i applied for my mothers super visa from india to visit me in canada. i applied online in jan 2017. she get her visa stamped yesterday but i am confused what kind of visa it was, in category it says PG-1 VISITOR. NO OF ENTRIES - ONE
strange thing is she get back her passport on 23 march 2017 but visa dates are from 3 feb 2017 to 8 aug 2017.
so what visa is this Huh?
i meet all requirements of financial thing. medical was submitted with application. one year insurance was also submitted with application. so she can come and stay only till 8 august 2017 ??
Do you mind mentioning

1. Exact date the online application was filed? Will help people after to get an idea on when to expect some sort of a correspondence from CIC.
2. Date CIC sent you a passport request?

RE: Your question, does the passport expire August 2017? If not, probably a single entry issued at the discretion of the VO. The CBSA agent can permit your mother to stay way beyond August 2017. The visa is just a travel document, all it states is, she cannot use the visa to enter Canada post 8 August, not that she cannot stay beyond 8 Aug 2017.

gurpreetsb7

Oct 17, 2014
Canada
LANDED..........
twuser said:
Do you mind mentioning

1. Exact date the online application was filed? Will help people after to get an idea on when to expect some sort of a correspondence from CIC.
2. Date CIC sent you a passport request?

RE: Your question, does the passport expire August 2017? If not, probably a single entry issued at the discretion of the VO. The CBSA agent can permit your mother to stay way beyond August 2017. The visa is just a travel document, all it states is, she cannot use the visa to enter Canada post 8 August, not that she cannot stay beyond 8 Aug 2017.
I applied on 18 jan 2017. Her passport is valid till 2026.

twuser

Star Member
Mar 8, 2017
gurpreetsb7 said:
I applied on 18 jan 2017. Her passport is valid till 2026.
So most probably a VO decision at his/her own discretion to issue a single entry visa.

Good news, you have got the visa and the next time you apply, your chances of rejection are next to none. Bad news is next visit you have to reapply, another $100 and wait 2 months again.

Hopefully CBSA allows her a much lengthy stay, if she gets asked on the duration of stay at POE, just mention your original intended stay (I am guessing more than 6 months as you have applied for a super visa?).

When did you get the passport request? Date pls?

gurpreetsb7

Oct 17, 2014
Canada
LANDED..........
twuser said:
So most probably a VO decision at his/her own discretion to issue a single entry visa.

Good news, you have got the visa and the next time you apply, your chances of rejection are next to none. Bad news is next visit you have to reapply, another $100 and wait 2 months again.

Hopefully CBSA allows her a much lengthy stay than her visa validity.

When did you get the passport request? Date pls?
Passport request on 16 March.

twuser

Star Member
Mar 8, 2017
gurpreetsb7 said:
Passport request on 16 March.
The only option to extend her stay is to mention a lengthy intent of stay at port of entry, which she can because she has been granted a PG-1 visa. But again, even that depends on the CBSA agent.

gurpreetsb7

Oct 17, 2014
Canada
LANDED..........
twuser said:
The only option to extend her stay is to mention a lengthy intent of stay at port of entry, which she can because she has been granted a PG-1 visa. But again, even that depends on the CBSA agent.
Main thing now is do I need to get return ticket ?? As it is single entry visa only. And it says visitor.

twuser

Star Member
Mar 8, 2017
gurpreetsb7 said:
Main thing now is do I need to get return ticket ?? As it is single entry visa only. And it says visitor.
Get a return ticket which you can re-schedule/postpone based on how things go with CBSA. Better safe than sorry.

harpu_1986

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
New Delhi
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-2014
Nomination.....
13-11-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with package
File Transfer...
15-01-2015
Med's Request
24-01-2015
Med's Done....
06-02-2015
Passport Req..
13-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-03-2015
LANDED..........
03-07-2015
gurpreetsb7 said:
hello all members

i need help. i applied for my mothers super visa from india to visit me in canada. i applied online in jan 2017. she get her visa stamped yesterday but i am confused what kind of visa it was, in category it says PG-1 VISITOR. NO OF ENTRIES - ONE
strange thing is she get back her passport on 23 march 2017 but visa dates are from 3 feb 2017 to 8 aug 2017.
so what visa is this Huh?
i meet all requirements of financial thing. medical was submitted with application. one year insurance was also submitted with application. so she can come and stay only till 8 august 2017 ??
What you submit NOA or T4?

ali75

Star Member
Jun 17, 2010
Hi Guys,

Need some information from some experienced/Senior members.

I need to apply Super Visa for my Mother, she is widowed and my big brother is in UK, besides we don't have any other siblings, only two brothers. I arrived in Canada in July 2016 and last year I didn't have a job which suffice the requirement of Super Visa but this year by the grace of God I found a job which meets the minimum income threshold; My Questions:

1. Do I still need Notice of Statement, but that will not reflect my latest minimum income threshold.
2. Can I show my employment letter, my Incorporation statement etc to prove I meet the threshold.
3. What are the documents I will need for Super Visa Application.
4. Estimated time taken for application.
5. I applied for Visit visa before but it was denied based on weak family ties in home country and not having foreign visits, what I supposed to do to make my application strong.

Many thanks in advance.

twuser

Star Member
Mar 8, 2017
ali75 said:
Hi Guys,

Need some information from some experienced/Senior members.

I need to apply Super Visa for my Mother, she is widowed and my big brother is in UK, besides we don't have any other siblings, only two brothers. I arrived in Canada in July 2016 and last year I didn't have a job which suffice the requirement of Super Visa but this year by the grace of God I found a job which meets the minimum income threshold; My Questions:

1. Do I still need Notice of Statement, but that will not reflect my latest minimum income threshold.
2. Can I show my employment letter, my Incorporation statement etc to prove I meet the threshold.
3. What are the documents I will need for Super Visa Application.
4. Estimated time taken for application.
5. I applied for Visit visa before but it was denied based on weak family ties in home country and not having foreign visits, what I supposed to do to make my application strong.

Many thanks in advance.
1. Yes, so you would only be able to apply a super visa post 2017 tax year, which would be sometime April/May next year.
2. Requirements are explicit. Substitutions won't probably be accepted.
3. Documents list is the same as any temporary visa. Lots of ties back to home country, bank statements/ties such as property etc, good covering letter etc.
4. 3 months to be safe
5. Apply for AITP visa case files and try to address the refual concerns. If it was just ties to home country, try to show all investments movable and immovable, try to explain the importance of her going back.

Long story short, do not apply for a super visa this year. Wait till you file 2017 taxes, apply after you get the NOA.

ykhehra1

May 1, 2014
My question is regarding Chandigarh India office It is online application fro super visa with decision made and passport is requested.
Can my mom mail the Passport to them (VFS I guess) or have to submitted in person?

In case in person, do the applicant have to go or anyone can submit the passport.
Help please as VFS is picking the phone, due to weekend I guess.

applied online March-16 with pre medical, passport request on march 23.

rtaylor

Sep 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3, Feb 2014
AOR Received.
4, March 2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
26-09-2014
Med's Done....
1-10-2014
LANDED..........
8-01-2015
Hello guys, I have seen some conversation going on super visa.
As Gurpreet, I do have some problem, I applied for super visa for my parents in February 2017.
They got their passport back with sticker stating V 1 Visitor, Multiple entry for 10 years.
Now I am confused because I am getting mixed response from different sources.
Is it a regular visa or super visa? As I know PG 1 is super visa code, one of my friends parents have the same code.
I talked to IRCC agents 4 times, they told me that V 1 and PG 1 is just a visitor visa to enter in Canada. V 1 10years multiple visa is same as you applied for means super visa. I asked them but sticker doesn't mention anywhere about super visa.
It is difficult for me to book a ticket for them as it doesnt mention the time frame for continuous stay, means do I need to book return ticket or one way?
When I raised this question to IRCC agent he told me that your parents have super visa with that issued sticker, it is Canadian border security officer who probably put a date for their length of stay in Canada when they land at any of the Canadian Airport. So when Officer asks about stay, tell your parents to say the length they want to stay, officer will issue that date. But still it is upto that officer.

Does any one has experienced such an issue?
Please share it

harryk1234

Feb 15, 2017
Hello Everyone,

I want to apply for super visa for my parents online but I am totally lost how to start.

If someone here can provide some steps on how to apply super visa online, that will be great.

Thanks in advance.