London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013
Ottawa-applicant said:
Hi,

So if I understand this correctly the income cut off for family size 4 is $41,304 before taxes or after taxes?
Does CCB counts as an income?

Thanks
Hi
You income is calculated based from your Notice of Assessment which is before taxes.

Thanks
Syed B

Rachel4511

Oct 14, 2016
Rossei said:
Not entirely true.

It's a fact that POE officers sometimes give 6-month expiry stamp on passports even with SV. Sometimes they don't stamp anything. But you need to ask for it (2 years). If the officer at the passport control booth cannot do it, he will refer you to the immigration section at the airport. Once you present your case (passport+visa+1-year medical insurance); they will issue you a 2-year stay permit. This happened with my mom on her latest entry at Toronto Pearson. Her SV was expiring in 6 months and she renewed her passport.

With SV, it's 2-year stay permit by default when the officer doesn't stamp anything. You can also confirm it by calling CIC.

Some were even successful to extend their stay permit by another 2 years followed by initial 2-year (4 years in total w/o leaving the country).
I have read many posts of people not getting the 2 year regardless of what they show to immigration. Also one person did get the 2 year and when they crossed the boarder again a few months later the immigration officer said they shouldn't of gotten a 2 year and changed it to a 6 months. I don't like the idea of having my parents future determined by what mood the immigration officer is in that day.
Also is sounds like they are getting more strict with having ties to your home country. My parents intentions are to move here so they wouldn't have ties in Australia so I doubt immigration would grant them a 2 year visa.

What does you mum say she is doing for each 2 years she is granted? Aren't they suspicious she is not actually just visiting? I think that is what my parents major concern is, they have no ties to Australia and if they say they are here to help me with my child they will get turned away because their ties are too strong to Canada. My concern also is if they never win the lottery, we cant keep doing the Supervisa forever. Ill take what you have said to them and see what they think.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Rachel4511 said:
I have read many posts of people not getting the 2 year regardless of what they show to immigration. Also one person did get the 2 year and when they crossed the boarder again a few months later the immigration officer said they shouldn't of gotten a 2 year and changed it to a 6 months. I don't like the idea of having my parents future determined by what mood the immigration officer is in that day.
Also is sounds like they are getting more strict with having ties to your home country. My parents intentions are to move here so they wouldn't have ties in Australia so I doubt immigration would grant them a 2 year visa.
Very few people at the land border know thoroughly about all sort of immigration regulations. Hence not all land border offices offer full immigration service. At Pearson, there is an office for immigration, separated from the booths where all line up from different flights upon arrival.

What does you mum say she is doing for each 2 years she is granted? Aren't they suspicious she is not actually just visiting? I think that is what my parents major concern is, they have no ties to Australia and if they say they are here to help me with my child they will get turned away because their ties are too strong to Canada. My concern also is if they never win the lottery, we cant keep doing the Supervisa forever. Ill take what you have said to them and see what they think.
My mom made 3 entries so far with same SV. She was never asked what she will do in Canada.

On her last entry in July, 2016; I was traveling back with her from our home country - Bangladesh. As my mom's SV had only 7 months validity left and she recently renewed her passport from Bangladesh; I was little concerned if she would be granted full 2-year permit. When we were called from the queue to stand before the POE officer at the booth; I explained my mom's situation and expressed her intent to have 2-year stay permit. The guy forwarded us to go to the immigration office (few steps to the right, opposite to the escalator that goes down to luggage claim). There we lined up again and a female officer called us. She reviewed all our passports and went through my mom's SV insurance. She said to me as long as my mom has a valid SV, a valid passport and a minimum 1-year medical insurance; she would grant her 2-year stay permit on each entry. She also reminded me that my mom would need another visa to re-enter Canada after her current one expires. I was so relieved to know that I don't have to apply for an extension. As an icing on the cake, she became PR on Oct 15 last year.

Rachel4511

Oct 14, 2016
Rossei said:
Very few people at the land border know thoroughly about all sort of immigration regulations. Hence not all land border offices offer full immigration service. At Pearson, there is an office for immigration, separated from the booths where all line up from different flights upon arrival.
My mom made 3 entries so far with same SV. She was never asked what she will do in Canada.

On her last entry in July, 2016; I was traveling back with her from our home country - Bangladesh. As my mom's SV had only 7 months validity left and she recently renewed her passport from Bangladesh; I was little concerned if she would be granted full 2-year permit. When we were called from the queue to stand before the POE officer at the booth; I explained my mom's situation and expressed her intent to have 2-year stay permit. The guy forwarded us to go to the immigration office (few steps to the right, opposite to the escalator that goes down to luggage claim). There we lined up again and a female officer called us. She reviewed all our passports and went through my mom's SV insurance. She said to me as long as my mom has a valid SV, a valid passport and a minimum 1-year medical insurance; she would grant her 2-year stay permit on each entry. She also reminded me that my mom would need another visa to re-enter Canada after her current one expires. I was so relieved to know that I don't have to apply for an extension. As an icing on the cake, she became PR on Oct 15 last year.
Thanks Rossei for explaining your experience in detail. Some people have been very vague and it left me reluctant to try. Ill touch base with my mum and step dad this weekend and see what they say. And it may be a good idea to go through Pearson instead of Calgary. Also did your mum have to show proof of funds in Bangladesh?
And congrats on your mum receiving PR! Hopefully we get the lottery and won't even have to worry about the Super Visa.

TC21

Jun 17, 2015
Hey Guys

Has anyone applied for super visa from Delhi? I am applying for my mom and wanted to check if the letter of invitation should be notarized or just a plane letter with my signature would do? I am a PR card holder in Canada

Thanks

navyharry

Star Member
Nov 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2016
AOR Received.
5-7-2016
File Transfer...
26-8-2016
Med's Done....
28-4-2016
Passport Req..
9-2-2017
TC21 said:
Hey Guys

Has anyone applied for super visa from Delhi? I am applying for my mom and wanted to check if the letter of invitation should be notarized or just a plane letter with my signature would do? I am a PR card holder in Canada

Hi there i had applied for my parents for super visa last December but it has been resfused because super visa low income cuttoff.but now my income is enough last night i applied it online again yes you must notirized an invitation letter from notary public.

Thanks
Thanks

Arif2016

Dec 5, 2016
Guys

My parents completed their medical today in Bangladesh. Is this a good indication that they are going to approve the supervisa for them?

Application submitted on 26th Dec
Biometric request letter issued (automated) on the same day
Biometric completed on 02 Jan
Medical request letter issued on 04 Jan
Medical completed on 9th Jan

Arif2016

Dec 5, 2016
TC21 said:
Hey Guys

Thanks
Invitation letter doesn't need to be notarised. Just type on a word document, print it out, put your signature and scan it if you are applying online.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Rachel4511 said:
Thanks Rossei for explaining your experience in detail. Some people have been very vague and it left me reluctant to try. Ill touch base with my mum and step dad this weekend and see what they say. And it may be a good idea to go through Pearson instead of Calgary. Also did your mum have to show proof of funds in Bangladesh?
And congrats on your mum receiving PR! Hopefully we get the lottery and won't even have to worry about the Super Visa.
On any of her total 3 entries, she didn't have to show anything other than medical insurance. As she can't speak in English, I always wrote a letter that she used to carry with her addressing the POE officer that she is seeking 2-year stay permit with all my job and contact details. I also attached copy of my NOA, T4 and Employment Verification Letter with it just in case. Although my mom never had to use them.

Now I don't know if Calgary would be same. But I can guess Pearson handles lot more visitors/immigrants that any other airports do in Canada. One needs to be vocal about getting 2-year permit. If you ask for it, then the POE officer will have to show a valid reason why s/he can't allow it.

Good luck with your parents!

riasat.abir

Aug 9, 2012
Burnaby
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2015-12-17
AOR Received.
2016-02-22
Med's Done....
2016-03-09
Passport Req..
2016-08-17
VISA ISSUED...
2016-08-30
LANDED..........
2016-09-09
Arif2016 said:
Guys

My parents completed their medical today in Bangladesh. Is this a good indication that they are going to approve the supervisa for them?

Application submitted on 26th Dec
Biometric request letter issued (automated) on the same day
Biometric completed on 02 Jan
Medical request letter issued on 04 Jan
Medical completed on 9th Jan
How to apply for super visa? stay more than 6 months and show 1 year med insurance and provide invitation letter for financial support, is that all?
I am a PR in Canada, i have financial stability and income over cut off limit, my parents are in Bangladesh. I would like them to visit me in summer.
Which should I apply - trv or supervisa?

Arif2016

Dec 5, 2016
riasat.abir said:
How to apply for super visa? stay more than 6 months and show 1 year med insurance and provide invitation letter for financial support, is that all?
I am a PR in Canada, i have financial stability and income over cut off limit, my parents are in Bangladesh. I would like them to visit me in summer.
Which should I apply - trv or supervisa?
How to apply for super visa? stay more than 6 months and show 1 year med insurance and provide invitation letter for financial support, is that all? - I applied online but this can be submitted over online or through hard copy at the local VFS office. In the invitation letter i mentioned that they are going to stay at least one year just to match with the medical insurance period even though VISA is meant for 2 years per stay and 10 years multiple entry. You have to download the application package from online along with the check list. Check list will tell you what are the required forms for supervisa

I am a PR in Canada, i have financial stability and income over cut off limit, my parents are in Bangladesh. I would like them to visit me in summer. Which should I apply - trv or supervisa? - If you want them to stay one year or even longer then supervisa is the right path to follow. Tourist visa is a good option if they are planning for 6 months or less. For super visa i believe visa office is going assess your requirements specially financial criteria. I heard it just the other way round for tourist visa.

lapen

Jan 5, 2017
Help !!! Help !!! Help !!!

I have applied for Supervisa for mom and dad online application and I received the medical request for my dad only. Do you know why they send medical request only to my dad but not to my mom although both are applied at the same time together online.

Please let me know what must have happened and what should I be doing ? Any opinion is highly appreciated !!!

- Lapen

Arif2016

Dec 5, 2016
lapen said:
Help !!! Help !!! Help !!!

I have applied for Supervisa for mom and dad online application and I received the medical request for my dad only. Do you know why they send medical request only to my dad but not to my mom although both are applied at the same time together online.

Please let me know what must have happened and what should I be doing ? Any opinion is highly appreciated !!!

- Lapen
You should wait couple of days before reaching out to them. Some times it takes time to update information. have you checked if their bio metric results showing as complete on the website.