Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013
OntarioGoat said:
Hi there. I have a question regarding Parent's super visa application. I have been living in Canada over 13 years now. Unfortunately every time I wanted to sponsor my parents Govt rules etc do not go in my favor.
Initially I wanted to submit the sponsorship application on Jan 3rd 2017 and prepared everything needed including payment tot he carrier. However, I could not apply due to the change of process by Canadian Govt in mid December. With the new change in PGP sponsorship process I can now wait to see if my name get's picked up by the lottery system.

While waiting I want to apply for their super visa in case my name is not picked by the lottery.
1) Would it be an issue if there is already an application for super visa and I get invited to sponsor them?
2) How would I calculate the LIC? Both my husband and I hold decent jobs since 2005.

Responses are highly appreciated.
No issue in applying Super visa along with Sponsorship

For low income below is calculation rule
http://www.statcan.gc.ca/pub/75f0002m/2012002/lico-sfr-eng.htm
and below is low income table
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/backgrounders/2011/2011-12-01.asp

Thanks and good luck
Syed B

Rachel4511

Oct 14, 2016
badar14 said:

Thanks and good luck
Syed B
Just keep in mind that it isn't guaranteed that your parents will receive a 2 year stay each time. This is why my parents aren't even bothering anymore. They don't want to take the risk of uprooting their entire lives to come here and only get a 6 month stay or get a 2 year and go to renew it after that and only get a 6 month one. If we aren't lucky enough to be drawn they have decided not to come. They want to go through this every year and put theirs and my life on hold waiting for the lottery.

jepoy0811

Nov 16, 2012
hi everyone. I am a permanent resident, I want to apply my mother-in-law for visit but my wife is not working, totally no income when they came here with my daughter and now she is pregnant. my question is could I be the principal applicant for my mother-in-law? we are 3 in the family, how much income should I need? thank you.

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013
jepoy0811 said:
hi everyone. I am a permanent resident, I want to apply my mother-in-law for visit but my wife is not working, totally no income when they came here with my daughter and now she is pregnant. my question is could I be the principal applicant for my mother-in-law? we are 3 in the family, how much income should I need? thank you.
Yeah, you can apply for them. Below is income chart probably you need family income of $34,022

Good Luck
Syed B.

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013
Ninirae said:
I think it depends on the VO completely. We booked the ticket and even had to change it because there is really no way of telling how long the process can actually take. It was supposed to be 38 days for us and it ended up being almost 2 months. It's really unfortunate and we were very lucky that we only had to pay the change fee, but coming from Pakistan, I'm sure it's much more expensive and would not be so lucky, so you make a VERY good point :)

Nini
I got Passport Request for Parents in Laws.

Just to share timeline
Visa Applied = 19th Nov
Bio metric Letter = 19th Nov
Bio metric done on Karachi = 22nd Nov
Medical Letter = 24th Nov
Medical Done = 28th Nov

Status Change to Medical pass on Dec 20th
Passport Request received on Jan 04th

Thanks
Syed B

Ninirae

Nov 1, 2013
Brampton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2013
File Transfer...
18-06-2013
Med's Done....
07-03-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2014
LANDED..........
10-09-2014
badar14 said:
I got Passport Request for Parents in Laws.

Just to share timeline
Visa Applied = 19th Nov
Bio metric Letter = 19th Nov
Bio metric done on Karachi = 22nd Nov
Medical Letter = 24th Nov
Medical Done = 28th Nov

Status Change to Medical pass on Dec 20th
Passport Request received on Jan 04th

Thanks
Syed B
Thank SO great!!! congratulations :) :) I'm very happy for you! It's a great feeling when they receive their own version of PPR, isn't it?

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013
Ninirae said:
Thank SO great!!! congratulations :) :) I'm very happy for you! It's a great feeling when they receive their own version of PPR, isn't it?
Thanks ! Its gr8 feeling specially after two visit visa rejections. :)

Ninirae

Nov 1, 2013
Brampton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2013
File Transfer...
18-06-2013
Med's Done....
07-03-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2014
LANDED..........
10-09-2014
badar14 said:
Thanks ! Its gr8 feeling specially after two visit visa rejections. :)
Yes! That's exactly how we felt! So scared that it would never be approved. :)

TC21

Jun 17, 2015
1. Guys what are you putting in purpose of travel section?
"You must submit proof that you are coming to Canada for a temporary visit.

Examples of what you can provide as proof:

A scanned copy of:

Your flight ticket departing Canada,
Your travel itinerary (e.g. places you will visit or stay, such as hotel booking),
Proof of a medical appointment."

My mom has none. I am applying for super visa and putting place of stay as my home and duration as 1 year.

2. Also in optional documents, there is form IMM 5257 (application for temporary resident visa made outside canada"...is this required for super visa application. She is filling her application from outside canada

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Rachel4511 said:
Just keep in mind that it isn't guaranteed that your parents will receive a 2 year stay each time. This is why my parents aren't even bothering anymore. They don't want to take the risk of uprooting their entire lives to come here and only get a 6 month stay or get a 2 year and go to renew it after that and only get a 6 month one. If we aren't lucky enough to be drawn they have decided not to come. They want to go through this every year and put theirs and my life on hold waiting for the lottery.
Not entirely true.

It's a fact that POE officers sometimes give 6-month expiry stamp on passports even with SV. Sometimes they don't stamp anything. But you need to ask for it (2 years). If the officer at the passport control booth cannot do it, he will refer you to the immigration section at the airport. Once you present your case (passport+visa+1-year medical insurance); they will issue you a 2-year stay permit. This happened with my mom on her latest entry at Toronto Pearson. Her SV was expiring in 6 months and she renewed her passport.

With SV, it's 2-year stay permit by default when the officer doesn't stamp anything. You can also confirm it by calling CIC.

Some were even successful to extend their stay permit by another 2 years followed by initial 2-year (4 years in total w/o leaving the country).

Ottawa-applicant

Apr 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
badar14 said:

Thanks and good luck
Syed B
Hi,

So if I understand this correctly the income cut off for family size 4 is $41,304 before taxes or after taxes?
Does CCB counts as an income?

Thanks

Ninirae

Nov 1, 2013
Brampton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2013
File Transfer...
18-06-2013
Med's Done....
07-03-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2014
LANDED..........
10-09-2014
TC21 said:
1. Guys what are you putting in purpose of travel section?
"You must submit proof that you are coming to Canada for a temporary visit.

Examples of what you can provide as proof:

A scanned copy of:

Your flight ticket departing Canada,
Your travel itinerary (e.g. places you will visit or stay, such as hotel booking),
Proof of a medical appointment."

My mom has none. I am applying for super visa and putting place of stay as my home and duration as 1 year.

2. Also in optional documents, there is form IMM 5257 (application for temporary resident visa made outside canada"...is this required for super visa application. She is filling her application from outside canada
For your purpose of stay, I'm sure that every person will vary but for our particular application we included a copy of her plane ticket with the return flight, and we also issued a letter stating everywhere we intended to bring her to visit during her stay(s) in canada. We talked about the CN Tower, Niagara Falls, visiting Prince Edward Island, etc....

It was required for our Super Visa Application (IMM 5257) as she was applying from outside of Canada.