+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa - anyone applied as yet?

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
Hey guys I have a question. So I want to apply for my mum's supervise and I want to know if the LICO can be just me and her. Or do I have to include my dad as well.

Since me and my brother are both in Canada, we were just wondering if we can each apply for one but just wondering if possible

Thanks

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Wonderland_1010 said:
Hey guys I have a question. So I want to apply for my mum's supervise and I want to know if the LICO can be just me and her. Or do I have to include my dad as well.

Since me and my brother are both in Canada, we were just wondering if we can each apply for one but just wondering if possible

Thanks
LICO (family income) is for your own family + number of persons you're inviting.

So, if you're only inviting your mom, then you don't have to add your dad. In that way, it's possible to invite your parents separately by both of you brothers.

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
Rossei said:
LICO (family income) is for your own family + number of persons you're inviting.

So, if you're only inviting your mom, then you don't have to add your dad. In that way, it's possible to invite your parents separately by both of you brothers.

I see.....well I wonder if we both send two separate application at the same time, CIC will be like why they sending two separate applications hahaa

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Wonderland_1010 said:
I see.....well I wonder if we both send two separate application at the same time, CIC will be like why they sending two separate applications hahaa
No, you can't send both applications at the same time. This will most likely not work. You need to send the 2nd app once the 1st app is done (after getting visa). Thus you're looking at a 4 - 6 months timeline to complete both app.

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
Rossei said:
No, you can't send both applications at the same time. This will most likely not work. You need to send the 2nd app once the 1st app is done (after getting visa). Thus you're looking at a 4 - 6 months timeline to complete both app.

Ohhh that make sense lol. Okay guess i'll do it that way.

Thanks a lot

nehamerchant

Star Member
Apr 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi to all
The original purpose of Super Visa was to provide opportunity to parents to visit children and grand children as their permanent residence was taking too long like 5 to 7 years, every one who applied was granted super visa provided they buy one year insurance. Now it appears that too many people are applying under this scheme and Government of Canada has amended original scheme, now parents are asked linkages to home country, very funny, when your schemes grant ten year visa with stay of two year in one go and you ask linkages to home country, what linkage is left to home country when you allow two years to stay, an ageing person would even loose linkage to this world in two years :p :p :p

dudegujrat

Jan 27, 2012
india
Category........
Visa Office......
delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/12/2011
Doc's Request.
Waived
Nomination.....
PER feb 20 2012
AOR Received.
feb 20 2012
IELTS Request
sent
File Transfer...
22/03/2012 and 2nd AOR
Med's Request
25 april 2012 by God`s Grace
Med's Done....
30 april 2012 and ecas updated to medical received by GOD's Grace on 7may 2012
Interview........
WAIVED OFF BY GOD'S GRACE
Passport Req..
25april 2012 with Grace of God and RPRF encashed on 16 may 2012
VISA ISSUED...
BY GOD'S GRACE 5 june DECISION MADE 8 JUNE 2012
LANDED..........
21 June 2012
Hi all,

I have applied supervisa for my parents from India New Delhi. My has to resubmit medical with explanation of some Mark in chest X-rays she did that and doctor cleared it and submitted to CIC delhi on October 27th still no news why it's taking so long? If you guys can help

luckygirl14

Star Member
Jul 10, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 NOV 2015
Hey guys could anyone please tell me what is the current processing time on super visa from india. We applied from the chandigarh office. Its been one month since we applied. And also how to check status online as we applied paper application.

Arif2016

Dec 5, 2016
Based on CIC website the processing time for India is 59 days. But they also said the processing times will vary based on:

Volume of applications received;
How easily they can verify information;
How well and how quickly you respond to any requests or concerns;
Whether the application is complete.
etc ...

luckygirl14

Star Member
Jul 10, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 NOV 2015
Arif2016 said:
Based on CIC website the processing time for India is 59 days. But they also said the processing times will vary based on:

Volume of applications received;
How easily they can verify information;
How well and how quickly you respond to any requests or concerns;
Whether the application is complete.
etc ...
Thank your soo much. :)

KalraR

Dec 27, 2016
Hi Everyone,

I am submitting a super visa application for my parents from India. I am required to submit Marriage certificate/license for my parents. My parents don't have their marriage license. Has anyone faced a similar problem and can anyone suggest what can be done in this situation?

Aqsamunir

Star Member
Mar 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-10-14
AOR Received.
03-12-14
Med's Done....
08-9-15, upfront
Interview........
AIP/DM: 11-02-16
LANDED..........
29-03-2016
Hi everybody, my husband wants to apply super visa for his parents, but our family income is below the min. income threshold. Is it possible for us to invite them?

TC21

Jun 17, 2015
Hey guys
Wishing everyone happy holidays
I am trying to apply for supervisa for my mom and have certain queries.

1. one of the requirement is Purpose of travel

"You must submit proof that you are coming to Canada for a temporary visit.

Examples of what you can provide as proof:

A scanned copy of:

Your flight ticket departing Canada,
Your travel itinerary (e.g. places you will visit or stay, such as hotel booking),
Proof of a medical appointment."

Since I am applying for supervisa, I intend her to stay for full 2 years, so wont have a return ticket...what else can we show here?

2. One of the questions in form IM5257E is "funds available for my stay": I intend to show my wife's and mine job letter from our employers and show some balance in our accounts? Will that suffice or does the funds have to be in my mom's name?

3. "How long do you intend to stay?" again till the time she possibly can...can I put date 2 years hence from the date of entry?

subtain

Aug 12, 2013
Montreal, Canada
Hi Guys !

I need help applying for my mother's super visa. I am in search for a lawyer in Canada that can help me with my case. Does anyone have any recommendations? That will be really helpful.

Thanks,

- Subtain

Arif2016

Dec 5, 2016
Aqsamunir said:
Hi everybody, my husband wants to apply super visa for his parents, but our family income is below the min. income threshold. Is it possible for us to invite them?
You can be a co-sponsor if you work. as long as both of you can meet the LICO limit.