+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa - anyone applied as yet?

MithuShun

Jan 27, 2014
MithuShun said:
//I hope that both you and your wife signed the invitation letter by saying you both be responsible for your mom.//

This is the mistake I done. I could have went through this thread before I submitting the documents. I mentioned everything in the supplementary attachment to let VO knows, which includes wife details and my children school name and grades. However, I did not ask my wife to sign.
As you said, I will gather the documents as much as I can and write a letter to VO. In case they rejects this time, at least I can correct at next time.

Finally, My mom got the super visa on last Friday and will be visiting to Canada in next couple of weeks

Thank you very much for this forum and great members. You guys helped me in many ways and in return, I will try my best to help others in this forum on super visa matters.

Cheers

AThind

Star Member
Mar 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
toronto_engg said:
Hi
I want to get supervisa for my mom. I am canadian pr.
I have lico well above needed amount for last two years.
Will that be sufficient? Or i will have to wait till 3 years. I can show letter of employment as proof of my permanent job and lico requirement for 3rd year.
Is that possible.
I dont want to wait for another year to apply super visa due to family situation.
Has anyone got supervisa with 2 yrs of lico?
Thanks

I applied with only last year's Notice of Assessment, and a job letter and I got it approved within a month.

rizabeer73

Mar 15, 2014
Rossei said:
Yes, I think so.

You, your spouse & all dependents + parent(s) your're inviting = Total Family Size for LICO
Hi Rossei,

Just wanted to add here, as per CIC notice, from Aug 1st 2014 the dependent child's age has been changed from 22 to under 19.

Thanks

singhsukhbir

Nov 6, 2012
Thanks mithushun for the reply.
BELOW IS HIS ANSWER OF MY QUESTION.....

Hi,

Don't worry, my mom's birth certificate had some typo issues and we had to submit some proves, which took more days.

Have your parents received medical test request? This is the first signal that shows the applicant ise 'okay' to proceed next stages.

If you have further questions, please post it in the forum.

-Raj

MithuShun

Jan 27, 2014
MithuShun said:
Finally, My mom got the super visa on last Friday and will be visiting to Canada in next couple of weeks

Thank you very much for this forum and great members. You guys helped me in many ways and in return, I will try my best to help others in this forum on super visa matters.

Cheers
As I mentioned here, my mom got the visa.

I have a question. The airlines are NOT willing to issue one way ticket as my mom has 'Visitor' visa, though it valid for multiple entries for 9 years. Therefore, I am planning to take round trip visa for my mother and returning date is 6 months from the purchase date

If she has return ticket, will that impact how long my mother can stay in Canada? I am planning to keep her one year here. Can she able to get stamped for one year?

Please help us on this

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
MithuShun said:
As I mentioned here, my mom got the visa.

I have a question. The airlines are NOT willing to issue one way ticket as my mom has 'Visitor' visa, though it valid for multiple entries for 9 years. Therefore, I am planning to take round trip visa for my mother and returning date is 6 months from the purchase date

If she has return ticket, will that impact how long my mother can stay in Canada? I am planning to keep her one year here. Can she able to get stamped for one year?

Please help us on this
I was in the same boat. My mom had to buy a return ticket on her 2nd entry to Canada with SV, but it was valid for a year. As she can't speak in English/French, I wrote a letter asking POE officer to grant her 2-year of stay upon entry which she carried on board. Long story short, she didn't have to show anything upon landing. She perhaps yelled "2 year" few times and the officer stamped her passport a 2 year permit with a smile. FYI, she came here first time with an intention of leaving in 3 months. BTW, we got a partial refund for cancelling her return ticket.

So, you don't have to worry re: return ticket.

Ojeola

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2012
Hello, will like to ask a question concerning reentry on a visitors visa. My parents are currently on a 6months vacation here in Canada however, we want them to stay more than 6 months.

They have a 2years visitors visa and also a 3years USA visa. Upon the expiration of their current visa can they travel to the USA for 1-2 weeks and return back to Canada to granted another 6months?

Your response will be greatly appreciated

MithuShun

Jan 27, 2014
Rossei said:
I was in the same boat. My mom had to buy a return ticket on her 2nd entry to Canada with SV, but it was valid for a year. As she can't speak in English/French, I wrote a letter asking POE officer to grant her 2-year of stay upon entry which she carried on board. Long story short, she didn't have to show anything upon landing. She perhaps yelled "2 year" few times and the officer stamped her passport a 2 year permit with a smile. FYI, she came here first time with an intention of leaving in 3 months. BTW, we got a partial refund for cancelling her return ticket.

So, you don't have to worry re: return ticket.
Thank Rossei.

I should thank you a lot as I used one of your invitation formats - Thank you again

Manu2017

May 16, 2016
I am applying supervisa for my mother. Are we allowed to do online application from Canada for them? Anyone did it and was ok??

chevy

Jan 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi,
I had applied for my mother in law supervisa online on april 07 2016 and yesterday she got passport request...Now I am planning to apply for my parent's supervisa application also, but now my wife is on maternity Employment Insurance... We are family of 4 and with my parents it will become 6...our total last year income i.e according to 2015 NOA was $80,000 which is above for the unit of 6 people...My question is can I apply for my parents Supervisa with my wife who is on maternity EI as a cosigner...
Thanks...

hassan905

May 7, 2014
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31st July 2014
Nomination.....
25th Nov 2014(PER)
Med's Request
5th Feb 2015
Med's Done....
18th Feb 2015
Interview........
Waived alhamdullilah
Passport Req..
6th March 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Inshallah soon
hello everyone,

while applying online on the document checklist it does not have the option to submit medical insurance and employment letter and documents to proof lico...

Does it come on the next page after uploading all forms on checklist or did i make any mistake ?

Please assist

sibhav

Star Member
May 30, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 21 2014
AOR Received.
March 13 2015
File Transfer...
April 09 2015
Interview........
June 22 2016
Passport Req..
June 29 2016
VISA ISSUED...
July 06 2016
Hello seniors

I have applied super visa for my mummy om 13th may , its paper copy and no medical upfront. country is India .

there is no response yet. do you have any idea how long it will take to medical call ?

please advice .

thanks

humsafar

Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with initial application
IELTS Request
Sent with initial application
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS 19-10-2011
Med's Request
20-07-2012
Med's Done....
25-08-2012 received in London 31-08-2012
hassan905 said:
hello everyone,

while applying online on the document checklist it does not have the option to submit medical insurance and employment letter and documents to proof lico...

Does it come on the next page after uploading all forms on checklist or did i make any mistake ?

Please assist
For my parents i uploaded super visa medical insurance certificate where it says purpose of visit

TryCanada

May 12, 2016
My parents applied for super visa (paper application) and application was submitted at VFS Ahmedabad on April 29. Application reached at Banglore on May 2. Medical is done upfront and passports were sent along with application. Cic status for my mother says that she passed her medical and medical status of my father is under review. For both applications final decision is not started and application status is open. Can anyone advise what should I expect next? I appreciate if someone throw light on it.

Thanks

elena2016

May 9, 2016
Hello Everyone! :)

We applied for my mom"s super visa online on May 31 evening. I check the processing time for the visitor visa is 6 day.
Is the same processing time applies to the super visa? Or we should wait much longer?