+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa - anyone applied as yet?

diamondstar511

Jun 3, 2012
Re: Super Visa - Questions - Need help please !!

Hi Friends,

Not sure if all the below questions were already answered.
Could you please help answer the below questions.

I am sponsoring my mother who is in India for Super Visa and I am on PR with my family.

1) The IMM5257E does it have to be signed by my mother scanned and then uploaded to CIC OR is it optional no signature is required ?

2) Your current marital status: Widowed ( my father expired 2 months ago so is this appropriate ) ?

3) Purpose of visit to Canada : mentioning Super visa. Indicate how long you plan to stay => Should I say 2 years for this Visa (2016 to 2018)? or is it too long to get rejected ?

4) Proof of relationship : Proof of relationship with the host => What should I submit here ?

5) Purpose of Travel : We all know we cant buy a return ticket under Super Visa say 2 years so what to submit here ?

6) Proof of means of financial support : Is this our T4/NOA forms or from my mothers bank statements and employment records ? What if she is already retired now ?

Sorry friends for too many questions but please help me out.

Thanks in advance.

sabbir_sifat

Star Member
Jul 6, 2010
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2, 2005
Doc's Request.
June 30, 2009
Med's Request
June 14, 2010
Med's Done....
June 28, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
August 4, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
August 29, 2010
LANDED..........
February 27, 2011
Rossei said:
I exactly don't know the current processing time. Back in 2012, it took around a month for my mom's SV. It was a paper application, submitted to VFS-Dhaka and processed by Canadian Embassy-Dhaka. Now the file is processed by SVGO, so it may take longer. To expedite the processing, you can consider submitting upfront medical along with the application. I know very little about Online Application. Overall, it may take 2 months.

Contact VFS-Bangladesh (don't email them) and ask politely re: the current processing time. Also ask them if they allow upfront medical. If you come to know something, please share. My mom is going to BD for 2 months in this summer. 2 month seem too tight to get SV renewed, so I postponed the plan for now.
Thnx for the info.... surely i will. But is it true, med is mandatory for SV?

ladhar25

Sep 6, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3 Nov 2011
VISA ISSUED...
August 2012
LANDED..........
12 Nov 2012
i applied supervisa for my mother in law on 1 april and today online it was updated that passport courier to applicant and same time we got email for medicals request.
plz tell what that its mean.
thanks

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
sabbir_sifat said:
Thnx for the info.... surely i will. But is it true, med is mandatory for SV?
* Medical test is mandatory for parents/grandparents for SV
* Moreover, you also have to provide proof of medical insurance for 1 year (minimum coverage for $100,000) for your parents/grandparents along with the application

RoseCanada

Mar 30, 2016
Rossei said:
* Medical test is mandatory for parents/grandparents for SV
* Moreover, you also have to provide proof of medical insurance for 1 year (minimum coverage for $100,000) for your parents/grandparents along with the application
Hi Rossei,

How are you today?

I need some advice on the following:

1. What is the difference between the regular Travel Insurance and Super visa Insurance? (i saw regular travel insurance is far more cheaper than the super visa insurance)
2. in the Document checklist NOA or T4 slip or Employment letter etc anyone is required but i read in the foum that all of these documents need to be added to the application

Please help

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
RoseCanada said:
Hi Rossei,

How are you today?
I'm not bad. Thanks for asking.

1. What is the difference between the regular Travel Insurance and Super visa Insurance? (i saw regular travel insurance is far more cheaper than the super visa insurance)
As long as you buy insurance which covers emergency medical needs of $100,000 minimum for at least 1 year, you're good. I don't think the insurance paper ever says Super Visa anywhere. Furthermore, the rate should be almost same (cannot be far cheaper). On a daily rate, travel insurance normally costs $3~$5 per person. When you buy it for 365 days, that costs $1200~$2000. This may change depending on the age of parents, their condition and any deductible you choose.

2. in the Document checklist NOA or T4 slip or Employment letter etc anyone is required but i read in the foum that all of these documents need to be added to the application
If you're providing NOA, T4 isn't necessary. But I would accompany it with employment letter because it can be most recent. For example, you're applying in May. Your NOA shows income from Jan to Dec of 2015. Your income may have increased in 2016 which you want to show. So, when you're attaching an employment letter dated April, 2016; that proves you're still employed.

SV is given seeing the sponsor's financial condition. So, people don't want to leave any lose ends. I provided NOA, employment letter, copies of few recent pay stubs, 6-month bank statements - everything I could manage.

sabbir_sifat

Star Member
Jul 6, 2010
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2, 2005
Doc's Request.
June 30, 2009
Med's Request
June 14, 2010
Med's Done....
June 28, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
August 4, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
August 29, 2010
LANDED..........
February 27, 2011
VISA Office - Singapore

VFS - Bangladesh; Paper application

Doc recvd by VISA Offc - Mar 24th

Status - Under process

Medical - Yet to be completed

feeling frustrated :mad: .... i ve provided all required docs as listed in the chklist including adqute insurance covrg, NOA, T4, latest LOE, Bank stat... not sure what could be the reason its taking so long..... its almost a month now...

should I email the VISA offc directly to inquire? Tried to reach local VFS, absolutely no response from their side.

Chinnmaye

Nov 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/25/2013
Doc's Request.
11/18/2013 (due to signature missing)/resent on 11/29/2013
AOR Received.
24/12/2013
File Transfer...
07/01/2014
Med's Request
2-9-2014-re-medicals/ip on Sep 02-3014/DM on Oct 18th 2014
Med's Done....
July 2013
Passport Req..
27/01/2014
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soooooooon
Hello:

Can someone please help. We applied for Super visa for my in-laws but we received a letter from CIC requiring the following:

the applicant must also provide proof of the parent or grandparent relationship to the Canadian citizen or permanent resident

What type of proof is sufficient??

Can someone please advice?

Thank you

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Chinnmaye said:
Hello:

Can someone please help. We applied for Super visa for my in-laws but we received a letter from CIC requiring the following:

the applicant must also provide proof of the parent or grandparent relationship to the Canadian citizen or permanent resident

What type of proof is sufficient??

Can someone please advice?

Thank you
Birth certificate of your spouse where it clearly states your in-laws' names. It's in the document checklist.

Amry83

Aug 25, 2009
Good day Everyone!

I owe this forum to share my experience with Super visa application. I came in to this thread time to time to get a prospective and understand what others are going through and how they are handling the process.

We have applied for my mother in law from Canadian High Commission in Kenya. We are expecting our 2nd child in May and my wife is graduating from her Nursing program in June. Both my wife and I are Canadian Citizens

We have applied that my wife is the one who is inviting her mother and I am the financial supporter.

We provided the following support documents:

* From Mother in Law: (She neither owns any property and nor she works. She's a full time care giver for her husband who suffered a stroke)

- Letter from her son explaining that he is the main financial supporter for his mother
- Provided a Bank Account info of her son's business
- Letter from Mother in law explaining her reasoning to travel (visit daughter and grandchild, attend birth of 2nd grandchild, and attend graduation of her daughter) and explained the reason she can not over stay
- Provided a flight booking itinerary (this is overboard but was able to arrange with a travel agent in Kenya to make a temporary booking without payment)

* From Spouse and I:

- Invitation letter (stating the reason which was similar to my mother in law's letter, added information about our number of family, address , status in Canada and occupation) - we both signed the letter
- Copy of my passport, wife and son (as we mentioned myself and son in the invitation letter)
- Financial Support Letter from me (explaining my commitment to support my mother in law during her stay in Canada)
- 2015 NOA and T4
- Employment letter
- Marriage Certificate (as a prove we are spouses)
- My wife birth certificate (as a prove of relationship with my mother in law)
- Letter from family doctor stating my wife is expecting in May and explaining it will be beneficial for wife as she's have difficulty with pregnancy)
- Letter from Landlord as we currently renting a townhouse (length of stay, indicating the number of rooms and good standing with payments)
- Medical Insurance Certificate from 21st Century

The above submission might be overboard but really wanted to cover all bases as she was refused visa in 2012 on the basis of travel history and ties to home country.

* Timelines: (Applied through Visa Global office in Nairobi - paper based application)

Application Submission: March 16th
Received Medical Request: March 23rd
Medical Submitted: April 8th (E-medical)
Passport available to pick up: April 15th
Picked Up Passport: April 19th (didn't realize VG office sent an email on Friday and read it Monday morning)

The interesting thing is that I emailed the High Commission to inquire about receiving medical on April 11th. I got a response April 12th requesting the e-medical information sheet and noted that the medical results were received and sent to London Regional office which takes 2-3 weeks. I sent the e-medical information sheet immediately same day. However, she got the visa issued on April 14th as stated in the visa stamp (was nervous receiving passport too quick after medical)

Mother in law received 4.5 years (as her passport expires in 2020)

I hope this helps everyone, I have done my homework by coming so often to this site. I tried to do things online but was pretty confusing, so opted to go with paper based application and filed in Kenya.

Thank you and sorry for the too long of a post.

smd

Star Member
Dec 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-04-10
Doc's Request.
10-08-10
AOR Received.
23-09-10(second)
chevy said:
Hello,
I had received a refusal letter twice for my mother stating that she do not have travel history and no sufficient funds, I was going to fill up a new application for super visa this time, But I came to know that in their previous applications they have done misrepresentation...They have answered "no" for the question "have you used any other name".....my mom had used a different surname before marriage...can anybody put a light how to deal with this problem....It will be a big help for me....
How come you get to know they considered this as a misrepresentation ? If they mentioned this in a refusal letter , then u must have got a procedural fairness letter ?
How come you get to know it now ?

smd

Star Member
Dec 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-04-10
Doc's Request.
10-08-10
AOR Received.
23-09-10(second)
ladhar25 said:
i applied supervisa for my mother in law on 1 april and today online it was updated that passport courier to applicant and same time we got email for medicals request.
plz tell what that its mean.
thanks
Hi did you apply online or paper application ?

ladhar25

Sep 6, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3 Nov 2011
VISA ISSUED...
August 2012
LANDED..........
12 Nov 2012

RoseCanada

Mar 30, 2016
Rossei said:
I'm not bad. Thanks for asking.

Thanks for your reply. much appreciated ;)

As long as you buy insurance which covers emergency medical needs of $100,000 minimum for at least 1 year, you're good. I don't think the insurance paper ever says Super Visa anywhere. Furthermore, the rate should be almost same (cannot be far cheaper). On a daily rate, travel insurance normally costs $3~$5 per person. When you buy it for 365 days, that costs $1200~$2000. This may change depending on the age of parents, their condition and any deductible you choose.

Thanks for the explanation. Any insurance companies name in your mind. i appreciate if you would help me with this and we live in Toronto.

If you're providing NOA, T4 isn't necessary. But I would accompany it with employment letter because it can be most recent. For example, you're applying in May. Your NOA shows income from Jan to Dec of 2015. Your income may have increased in 2016 which you want to show. So, when you're attaching an employment letter dated April, 2016; that proves you're still employed.

SV is given seeing the sponsor's financial condition. So, people don't want to leave any lose ends. I provided NOA, employment letter, copies of few recent pay stubs, 6-month bank statements - everything I could manage.

im trying to explain my hubby that we have to attach all supporting documents to make financial position strong but my hubby is reading the words in form IMM 5484 E (Any one of the following documents should be attached ) :'( ??? ::)

do my in-laws have to put any signatures on any forms for supervisa as im applying online

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
RoseCanada said:
Thanks for the explanation. Any insurance companies name in your mind. i appreciate if you would help me with this and we live in Toronto.
I bought from GMS through an agent from Toronto. I went to see an agent just to know which insurance company works best when you actually claim. However, I really cannot recommend any until I make a claim (God forbids).

im trying to explain my hubby that we have to attach all supporting documents to make financial position strong but my hubby is reading the words in form IMM 5484 E (Any one of the following documents should be attached ) :'( ??? ::)

do my in-laws have to put any signatures on any forms for supervisa as im applying online
Tell your hubby to listen to me if he doesn't listen to you ;D
Jokes apart, I'm not much familiar with online application. In fact, some steps are very confusing in online application. You have to seek help from them who applied online before.