+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa - anyone applied as yet?

manvsing

Nov 6, 2014
Hello Everyone,

I hope you all doing great. I just wanted to ask a question regarding super visa application. I landed here in Canada in Feb 2015. After 2 months i started working with minimum wage and my wife is working for last 4-5 years in Canada. so my question is can i apply for super visa for my parents? should i be working for at least one year before applying Super Visa? what is the possibility of getting visa?

Thanks,

jassiforu

Nov 9, 2012
dgurinder said:
Applied on 15th october for both parents... Medical predone ..hopefully it will be a positive decision. My income was $38000.. (3 person)
Hi
I am also going to apply super visa for my Mom and Dad at Chandigarh VFS.
Please let me know did you submit 2 different files for each of them or as a single file.

jassiforu

Nov 9, 2012
Hello Friends

Please help me out here...........I'm going to apply super visa for my Mom and dad.
I am confused regarding who can fill the form IMM 5409 (statutory declaration of common law union as mentioned in the checklist. Do my parents need to fill this form.

We have filled application form and family information form for each of them separately.
Also when my sister asked VFS chandigarh......they said 2 different files should be made but will be processed as single.
what does that mean?
Please Friends reply soon.
Many Thanks.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
jassiforu said:
Hello Friends
Please help me out here...........I'm going to apply super visa for my Mom and dad.
I am confused regarding who can fill the form IMM 5409 (statutory declaration of common law union as mentioned in the checklist. Do my parents need to fill this form.
If your parents are legally married, then they don't have to fill out this form. This form is meant for Common-law couple.
Common-law partner: Refers to a person who is living in a conjugal relationship with another person (opposite or same sex), and has done so continuously for a period of at least one year.

We have filled application form and family information form for each of them separately.
Also when my sister asked VFS chandigarh......they said 2 different files should be made but will be processed as single.
what does that mean?
Please Friends reply soon.
Many Thanks.
They said it right. Although one of your parents is considered the 'principal applicant' and the other is the 'accompanying spouse', both need to fill out IMM5257, IMM5645 and IMM5257 separately for Super visa. Eventually, the whole thing will be processed as a single application meaning both will either be approved or denied. It will be highly unlikely that one will be granted the visa and the other won't.

jassiforu

Nov 9, 2012
Rossei said:
If your parents are legally married, then they don't have to fill out this form. This form is meant for Common-law couple.
Common-law partner: Refers to a person who is living in a conjugal relationship with another person (opposite or same sex), and has done so continuously for a period of at least one year.
They said it right. Although one of your parents is considered the 'principal applicant' and the other is the 'accompanying spouse', both need to fill out IMM5257, IMM5645 and IMM5257 separately for Super visa. Eventually, the whole thing will be processed as a single application meaning both will either be approved or denied. It will be highly unlikely that one will be granted the visa and the other won't.
Got it!! Thank you so much.

jassiforu

Nov 9, 2012
@Rossei:

As you are saying we should make two sets of file....one for my father and one for my mother to apply for super visa then What should I attach with my mother's file for assets and to prove home ties as she is a house wife.
My Father has his bank statements,ITR's,asset report etc.
When i spoke with VFS.....they said attach a letter to Canadian High commission for financial support signed by your father with your mother's file. But in the invitation letter we have mentioned that we(me & my husband) are going to sponsor all their expenses during the visit.
Please suggest.
Many Thanks.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
jassiforu said:
@Rossei:

As you are saying we should make two sets of file....one for my father and one for my mother to apply for super visa then What should I attach with my mother's file for assets and to prove home ties as she is a house wife.
My Father has his bank statements,ITR's,asset report etc.
When i spoke with VFS.....they said attach a letter to Canadian High commission for financial support signed by your father with your mother's file. But in the invitation letter we have mentioned that we(me & my husband) are going to sponsor all their expenses during the visit.
Please suggest.
Many Thanks.
Not entirely 2 separate set of files, rather few separate forms. It will be processed as 1 application.

I think VFS said it right. Your father should attach a letter.

Re: you saying that you're going to bear all expense - is half true. Basically, you should say that you're responsible for all cost during their stay in Canada (provide proof). But do not mention that you're also going to pay their plane fare etc. CIC always wants to see some evidence of financial responsibility from parents even in case of Super Visa. In simple term, you will say you're going to bear their cost and your parents going to say they going to take care of themselves. It's not a contradiction that CIC will dislike ;D

delhi2173

Star Member
May 9, 2014
hi guys

I am planning to apply for super visa for my mother.
1. What document needed to show my income, will the Paystubs sufficient or need to show tax document as it have been only 6 months since I am in canada.
2. What document does one need to show the ties to home country.
3. how much money we need to show in my mother name(she is retired).

thanks

Welshsparky

Star Member
Sep 7, 2014
Cochrane AB
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
09-19-2014
IELTS Request
not required
Med's Request
09-19-2014
Med's Done....
10-16-2014
Passport Req..
June 3 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 12 2015
LANDED..........
June 13 2015
my wife would like to get a super visa her mother and step father. Has anyone done it for a step parent?

dannymp

Star Member
Mar 28, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Everyone

My mom has applied for super visa and today i have received the email regarding the processed passport has been dispatched from the Canada visa office. She hasn't received the medical request yet.

Could it be medical request???

She is under 50 years of age so is it possible that they issued her super visa without medical?

The email states : "Visa application, tracking ID No.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx – Passport has been couriered from the Canada Visa Application Centre, on 11/01/2016 vide courier partner. To track the status of the shipment, please visit courier partner website."

Please help

Thank you
Danny

nb2340

Star Member
Nov 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th Sept'14
Nomination.....
PER-30th Dec'14
Med's Request
20th Mar'15
Med's Done....
28th Mar'15__3RD Line >11th Apr'15
Passport Req..
21st May'15__DM>22nd May'15
VISA ISSUED...
19th Jun'15
LANDED..........
31st Jul'15
I have been in Canada from last 5 months and now I want to invite my mother who is in India, on Super visa.

I have all the documents ready except T4 (as I am still not eligible for that because of my tenure in canada).My Doubts:

* Do i need to send an affidavit related to proof of my employment status and annual income (I already have employment letter and all the pay stubs and my annual income is above the LICO Cut off)
* Do I need to notarize the invitation letter

She will also be attaching her financial assets proofs in order to show strong ties to her home country and she has travelled to Canada before on visitor visa

Early response will be appreciated as this is something urgent.

manal85

Jan 12, 2016
hi everyone , I applied for my mom's super visa in 12/November/2015 and they asked for the medical exam which was done on December 22 AND ONE WEEK LATER IT WAS PASSED ??? what shall i expect ? and what are the odds of her application being accepted vs rejected at this point ?????

thanks

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
nb2340 said:
I have been in Canada from last 5 months and now I want to invite my mother who is in India, on Super visa.

I have all the documents ready except T4 (as I am still not eligible for that because of my tenure in canada).
I thought you still get your T4 with which you file your tax return.

* Do i need to send an affidavit related to proof of my employment status and annual income (I already have employment letter and all the pay stubs and my annual income is above the LICO Cut off)
Some LVO value NOA or T4 over anything. You can still try your luck with employment letter, pay stubs, bank statements etc.

* Do I need to notarize the invitation letter
It's better to notarize.

manal85

Jan 12, 2016
hi everyone , I applied for my mom's super visa in 12/November/2015 and they asked for the medical exam which was done on December 22 AND ONE WEEK LATER IT WAS PASSED ......

what shall i expect ? and what are the odds of her application being accepted vs rejected at this point Huh??

thanks