Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Tomalika Chowdhury said:
Hi Rossei,

There is another question In IMM5257E form: have you previously applied to enter or remain in Canada? should I answer this question also YES?
I didn't have this specific question when I applied back in 2012. However, we had the following questions under Background Info on IMM5257:
2a) Have you ever previously applied to any Canadian visas (For example: PR, TR (Visitor, Student, Worker), TRV?
Answer: Yes

2b) Have you ever been refused any kind of visa to travel to Canada?

2c) Have you ever been refused admission or been ordered to leave Canada or any other country?
Answer: No

2d) If you answered "yes" to question 2a), 2b) or 2c) please provide details below.
Answer: I applied for TRV(Visitor) twice before and the last one was in 2010 to attend my only son's convocation held at UNIVERSITY NAME. My applications were rejected for not having enough family ties.

Now, you have the following:
2c) Have you previously applied to enter or remain in Canada?
Answer: The word 'enter' confuses me. My initial guess was that CIC was asking if you ever applied to Extend Your Stay while you were on any sort of TRV. In that case, you could answer 'No', But to play safe, you can answer 'Yes'. It won't do harm if you say 'Yes' and explain in 2d) box.

In IMM5257E form, page 2- in section -fund available for stay...what did you put?
do you put the sum of the sponsor (your) and your mom's fund? Kindly let me know. Thank you very much.
Yes, I put the sum of funds.
Sum of funds = My total funds showed in my Canadian bank statement + My mom's funds showed in her BD bank statement

Tomalika Chowdhury

Star Member
Jun 15, 2013
Dear Rossei,

I do highly appriciate your response. Many many thanks to you.

Regards,
Tomalika

Rossei said:
I didn't have this specific question when I applied back in 2012. However, we had the following questions under Background Info on IMM5257:
2a) Have you ever previously applied to any Canadian visas (For example: PR, TR (Visitor, Student, Worker), TRV?

2b) Have you ever been refused any kind of visa to travel to Canada?

2c) Have you ever been refused admission or been ordered to leave Canada or any other country?
Answer: No

2d) If you answered "yes" to question 2a), 2b) or 2c) please provide details below.
Answer: I applied for TRV(Visitor) twice before and the last one was in 2010 to attend my only son's convocation held at UNIVERSITY NAME. My applications were rejected for not having enough family ties.

Now, you have the following:
2c) Have you previously applied to enter or remain in Canada?
Answer: The word 'enter' confuses me. My initial guess was that CIC was asking if you ever applied to Extend Your Stay while you were on any sort of TRV. In that case, you could answer 'No', But to play safe, you can answer 'Yes'. It won't do harm if you say 'Yes' and explain in 2d) box.

Yes, I put the sum of funds.
Sum of funds = My total funds showed in my Canadian bank statement + My mom's funds showed in her BD bank statement

ak23

Star Member
Jan 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 2014
Doc's Request.
submitted with the file
File Transfer...
May 2014
Med's Request
na
Med's Done....
Mar 2014
Interview........
na
Passport Req..
Jan 12 2015
VISA ISSUED...
inshallah soon
LANDED..........
inshallah soon
Hi all,
we are expecting and would like the mother in law to be with us in or after delivery. Please advise specific steps in advising her to apply for the super visa. She is in Karachi.
Also, the wife is not employed at the moment so does my income counts towards the minimum requirements or does it have to be her income.

Any and all help would be much appreciated.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
ak23 said:
Hi all,
we are expecting and would like the mother in law to be with us in or after delivery. Please advise specific steps in advising her to apply for the super visa. She is in Karachi.
You didn't ask specific questions, so it's hard to provide specific answers to a generalized question. Steps are well written on CIC website. You can either apply online or apply on paper via VFS-Pakistan.

Also, the wife is not employed at the moment so does my income counts towards the minimum requirements or does it have to be her income.
It can be your income. Sum of your and your wife's income counts as Family Income which has to meet LICO. This is what you should do:
1) Write an invitation letter from both your wife and you
2) Provide your 2014 NOA (which can be accompanied by your employment verification letter, few pay stubs etc.)
3) Provide medical insurance paper
4) Provide copies of PR cards (you & your wife) and your wife's birth certificate

The followings are not must, but sometimes they may help:
1) Your 4~6 months bank statements
2) Letter from your wife's doctor stating that she is expecting and will need help for prenatal/postnatal care
3) If you own/rent a house/apartment; provide proof that you have enough room to accommodate your MIL

RupokBD

Apr 24, 2013
Hi,

Thanks for starting and maintaining this amazing thread! I have few questions and would really appreciate if anyone responds.

1. What financial document should I provide to prove my eligibility? I recently started fulltime work and my current earnings are above the required cut-off. However, in 2014 I worked part-time and my earnings were not high enough so I think submitting the tax return might be detrimental to my cause. Any suggestions? I'm thinking of providing current job offer letter, one month payslip and bank statements.

2. What would be a good insurance company to get the super visa insurance for a 51 years old person with pre-existing conditions such as diabetes?

3. What should I do to submit an application for my mother and my mother-in-law? Can I apply for both or do I and my wife need to apply separately? My wife is not working so I guess my income will be the household income.

4. What's the usual response time for a super visa application?

Thanks again for this awesome work folks!

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
RupokBD said:
1. What financial document should I provide to prove my eligibility? I recently started fulltime work and my current earnings are above the required cut-off. However, in 2014 I worked part-time and my earnings were not high enough so I think submitting the tax return might be detrimental to my cause. Any suggestions? I'm thinking of providing current job offer letter, one month payslip and bank statements.
I assume you're from BD. If you are, it's highly recommended that you provide 2014 NOA or T4. Generally, anything else will not suffice. Since you don't meet LICO from 2014 income, I'm afraid you may have to wait till you get your 2015 NOA next year. Very few people were successful in getting Super Visa without NOA/Option C/T4. Although you can try your luck with employment verification letter (not offer letter), few recent payslips and bank statements, it's most likely that LVO will ask for NOA after submission or they will reject it.

2. What would be a good insurance company to get the super visa insurance for a 51 years old person with pre-existing conditions such as diabetes?
FYI, all Super Visa insurances are Emergency insurances. That means your mom won't be able to do routine checkup/tests with this. Hence, people just choose the cheapest rate. But if you want all pre-existing conditions underwritten, then you have to pay high premiums. I haven't heard a lot re: Super Visa insurance claim, so really can't comment on which insurance provider is best. I chose GMS for my mom. She has pre-existing conditions incl. diabetes.

3. What should I do to submit an application for my mother and my mother-in-law? Can I apply for both or do I and my wife need to apply separately? My wife is not working so I guess my income will be the household income.
I think you have to apply with an interval. For example, you apply for your mom. After she gets it, you apply for your MIL. For your mom, only you have to apply. For your MIL, both your wife and you can write the invitation letter.

4. What's the usual response time for a super visa application?
I don't have a clue about online application. But generally, it takes around 4-8 weeks for paper application.

shampy2009

Star Member
Jan 7, 2011
Hello,

Just a quick Update.. This is the second time I have applied for Supervisa at Chandigarh location in India, took 16 days to process as per their listed number of processing days on CIC.

First time I have applied in year 2012, just for single entry because parents passport were going to expire in couple of years. This time after renewing their passports from India, they got multiple 10 years VISA..

Only hurdle parents had to face was - Pre- Medical, Initial medical assessment cost is around 4500/- per person, then they recommended both my parents to go for ECO and ECG and not done yet.. One of the doctor recommended TMT and the another one said there is no need for it, however the first one forced to go them for TMT.. ( Costed all together 25000/-INR)

The way I see is, it's actually good to have a TMT test every couple of years, but still feel sometime it's just a money grab for them..
After Medical test, a week later my mom she got a message during the event of bla.. blaah TMT test is free for second person if you get for first :) BOGO?? what the hell....
Good Luck..

prash42

Jun 1, 2014
Thanks for creating and maintaining this thread, very useful indeed! Couple of questions:

1. I'm a very recent Canadian PR, and have not filed a Canadian income tax return so far. Does that automatically disqualify a super visa application?
2. Currently I am still looking for a job. In the absence of salary income, is investment income accepted?
3. Is there any evidence that applications for single entry are more likely to get approved than multiple entry?

prash42

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
fvidania said:
Hi, I habe a question about the Supervisa.If I get it for my father, could he get an Alberta Driver License?
I'm not sure if he can get an Alberta Driver License because technically he is not a resident of Alberta. But if he brings an IDP (International Drivers Permit ), he may be able to drive for a year.

Check this: http://www.servicealberta.gov.ab.ca/1741.cfm

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
prash42 said:
Thanks for creating and maintaining this thread, very useful indeed! Couple of questions:

1. I'm a very recent Canadian PR, and have not filed a Canadian income tax return so far. Does that automatically disqualify a super visa application?
Pretty much 'Yes'. You must provide NOA/ OptionC/ T4 of your recent taxation year to prove that you meet LICO.

2. Currently I am still looking for a job. In the absence of salary income, is investment income accepted?
If your investment income shows up on your NOA, then yes.

3. Is there any evidence that applications for single entry are more likely to get approved than multiple entry?
Super Visa is by default a multi-entry visa. Furthermore, any visitor visa is considered for multiple entry automatically. So, you really cannot choose anymore.

On a last note, if you are not working full time or running a business; it's really hard to satisfy a visa officer that you have a persistent income. I don't know how much your return is on investments; but the VO may look for some guaranteed income source.

blistex

Star Member
Feb 26, 2011
Edmonton, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tigurius said:
Medical exam updated on July 17 - July 31 got passport request - passport back 3 days later on the 3rd and had her arrive on the 8th. Make sure you login online and ensure there isn't some sort of letter sitting in your messages box - as we didnt get an email anything was updated - but there was a message sitting there with a PDF requesting the passport.
Thank you. I'm confused with the "processing times" to process and issue a visa in CIC-Manila, Philippines. It says on their website, it's 8 days, but it has been over 4 months since their online applications were submitted. Anyway, My mother's visa has been approved just recently (September 8th) and I'm still waiting for my father's.

Novem

Star Member
Jan 26, 2015
Hello guys Im just new to this thread... I just got my permanent resident status a month ago.. Is it possible for my mom to apply for supervisa??? Hope you guys can clarify this to me..

Novem

Star Member
Jan 26, 2015
vitlen said:
if you have a permanent resident, and have a satisfying income, your mom can definitely apply
thank you so much... What would be the best reason for the invitation letter??? Sorry for this question cos me and my husband planning to get my kids by january, and by that time hope we got the approval for the supervisa so my mom could flight with my family back to canada