+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa - anyone applied as yet?

ASJ

Star Member
Apr 29, 2012
Hi all,

please suggest if you know about this or if your parents applied for a super visa with the intention to stay in canada for less than 6 months.

Can my parents apply for a super visa with the duration to stay in Canada for less than 6 months for eg. in their application can they show that they want to be in Canada from Aug 1, 2014 to Dec 31, 2014? Can their application be rejected on the basis that they should apply for normal TRV (Visitor visa) if they want to be in canada for less than 6 months because Super visa is intent for longer stays?

me_anne08

Star Member
Jan 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
AINP office (edmonton alberta)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2012
Doc's Request.
22-05-2012
Nomination.....
23-05-2012 nomination apprpved with AINP Certificate
AOR Received.
30-08-2012
File Transfer...
NOVA SCOTIA (for PR app. under PNP) App.filled:June 8,2012 File no. Received: July 12, 2012
Med's Done....
10-15-2012
Passport Req..
05-27-2013
LANDED..........
14-07-13
Update:

My mom just arrived today supervisa holder thank God she got smooth processing in the POE she got 2 years stamp on her passport

NaviNandra

Jun 27, 2014
ASJ said:
Hi all,

please suggest if you know about this or if your parents applied for a super visa with the intention to stay in canada for less than 6 months.

Can my parents apply for a super visa with the duration to stay in Canada for less than 6 months for eg. in their application can they show that they want to be in Canada from Aug 1, 2014 to Dec 31, 2014? Can their application be rejected on the basis that they should apply for normal TRV (Visitor visa) if they want to be in canada for less than 6 months because Super visa is intent for longer stays?
No it is not a problem, they rather encourage super visa because of the medical insurance. Don't worry they will get it

avn

Star Member
Jan 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
02-01-2014
Med's Request
11-12-2017
Med's Done....
18-12-2017
Passport Req..
23-02-2018
Once the super visa is approved what is the timeline to come to Canada? Do you have a certain timeline or can you come within 6 months or a year?
Thanks

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
me_anne08 said:
Update:

My mom just arrived today supervisa holder thank God she got smooth processing in the POE she got 2 years stamp on her passport
Hey - congrats! happy that your family joined you.
Was she intending to stay for two years? I am wondering if your chance of getting visa will be hire if you mention only couple months visit. Would it be a problem if the visitor changes mind and says she wants to stay for two year at border?

Thanks,

toto1234

Aug 8, 2012
I have two questions?

My father got super visa PG-1 ( 2 years) till the validity of passport expiring September this year. Can I apply for a new super visa from London instead of home country?
Do I need to do his medical again?

Thanks

Gary Goldshmidt

Dec 4, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes you can reapply from London in Canada.

You will have to resubmit a new application and yes CIC will require new medicals and proof of insurance.

When you reapply within Canada you will have to send the application to the Calgary Office.

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
To all experts re: super visa application, could you please answer my queries:

1. If I met the minimum income threshold, what do you think is the minimum amount I can present for my bank account?

2. If my mom, doesn't work and just rely from her children to support her, is that a big problem?

3. Ties to home country-if all her children are in Canada, no spouse, is that a big problem too?

She wants to visit us as we haven't seen her for years.
I applied for a TRV and got refused because of ties to home country and sufficient funds for my mom (as she is only supported by her children)

What do you think if I apply for super visa, she will get refused again?
I need suggestions please. Thanks.

David Benz

May 18, 2012
HI Gary and everyone
would you please let me know how long it takes after the request a medical travel insurance to process or request the passport to stamp the visa
anyone had the experience?

thanks

toto1234

Aug 8, 2012
Gary Goldshmidt said:
Yes you can reapply from London in Canada.

You will have to resubmit a new application and yes CIC will require new medicals and proof of insurance.

When you reapply within Canada you will have to send the application to the Calgary Office.
What do you mean by reapply within canada? Is it extension or a new visa? I think one can not apply for a new super or visitor visa while in Canada only can extend stay. Plz comment.

toto1234

Aug 8, 2012
toto1234 said:
What do you mean by reapply within canada? Is it extension or a new visa? I think one can not apply for a new super or visitor visa while in Canada only can extend stay. Plz comment.

ASJ

Star Member
Apr 29, 2012
Guys,

Can a notary public in India translate documents in Hindi to English with their notary stamp? My parents have some documents in hindi which they want to submit with their application.

Please suggest.

Thanks,
ASJ

lalabaul

Star Member
Jul 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-11-2012
Nomination.....
16-5-2013
AOR Received.
9-9-2013
Med's Request
2-10-2013
Med's Done....
8-10-2013
Passport Req..
6-11-2013
LANDED..........
03- 2014
Hello Guys,

Can anyone explain what is the process for supervisa if applying in the Philippines? Does my parent needs ashow money just like when applying for Permanent Resident? Thank you!

ASJ

Star Member
Apr 29, 2012
ASJ said:
Guys,

Can a notary public in India translate documents in Hindi to English with their notary stamp? My parents have some documents in hindi which they want to submit with their application.

Please suggest.

Thanks,
ASJ
Guys please help me with this. You all must have done this before for your parents application. Please help me too.