+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa - anyone applied as yet?

Bhanavig

Star Member
Aug 17, 2012
Gary Goldshmidt , that's nice information. Thank you.

But can you/any one please suggest us what's the best time to Apply for super visa When my In-laws or my parents are already here in Canada with visitor Visa.

Actually My In-laws are here since Jan/19 this year and six months will be over my Jul/19/14 and we wanted them to stay here for some more time because My kid(Born in Canada) really enjoying their presence. So we are planning to Apply Super visa for them with in Canada..

They did their medicals back in in India last year sometime mid of March for Canadian Immigration.

Is superVisa or Just Visitor Visa extension is best option for us.?

Thanks much for your help in advance.

Gary Goldshmidt

Dec 4, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is really not such thing as a best time to apply you can apply any time. The one caveat is you want to apply before your visitors visa expires. You also need to take into account the processing time for a super visa which is eight weeks.

The best time to apply is as soon you know your parents or grandparents want to extend their visit beyond the six month limit of their visitors visa.

You also need to top up your existing policy or purchase a new insurance policy that meets the super visa requirements.
If you need help with insurance contact me directly and visit my web site for more information.

http://www.stone-hedgefinancialgroup.ca/super-visa-insurance

Regards,
Gary Goldshmidt

PW87

Star Member
Aug 21, 2013
Baroda, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,
what is the processing time for super visa? is it same as visitors?

jjjj8888

Sep 8, 2013
Hi to everyone. I just want to update all of you. My mom arrived last month from the Phil. She has supervisa.
The immigration officer asked her until when she plans to stay and my mom said "until the expiry date of my visa".
The officer didn't reply back and did not stamp any date on my mom's passport. What does that mean? Can she stay
for two years here in Canada or do we need to apply for extension of her stay here? Is there any default length of stay
allowed if no stamp in passport? For those who want to ask questions about my mom's experiences during her supervisa
application, do not hesitate to ask me. I will be glad to help in any way I can. Thanks again.

farooq.ahmed

Feb 4, 2014
Hi Need suggestion.
Applied for my parents Super VISA on 05/02/2014
Medical Done 28/02/2014

after that no news.
is this normal ?
is there email address to send email and get updates

infinity8

Star Member
May 16, 2011
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2010
Doc's Request.
08-02-2011 Divorce Papers
AOR Received.
23-03-2011 RPRF
File Transfer...
18-01-2011
Med's Done....
05-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
22-01-2012
LANDED..........
31-01-2012
muzmil said:
How much total $$ amount you showed in your bank account ?
@muzmil
Did you apply online?
I can only advise that you send only the documents that are needed. Sometime too much documentation raises suspicion. Super visa is based on the person's undertaking in Canada. You might not have passed the LICO. Your family plus your visitors.

Gary Goldshmidt

Dec 4, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is really no set amount that you need to show. If your parents or grandparents can show $10,000 it is fine. This is not a requirement but is one of the factors a visa officer will take into account.

kaami100

Apr 26, 2014
farooq.ahmed said:
Hi Need suggestion.
Applied for my parents Super VISA on 05/02/2014
Medical Done 28/02/2014

after that no news.
is this normal ?
is there email address to send email and get updates
yes. sometimes it takes a bit longer. my father in law got 2 years super visa from pakistan with multiple entry last week. we have applied for a super visa and expecting a 10 year visa but after reading this forum i guess it all depends on your situation and it is upto 10 years

sue_c26

May 19, 2014
jjjj8888 said:
Hi to everyone. I just want to update all of you. My mom arrived last month from the Phil. She has supervisa.
The immigration officer asked her until when she plans to stay and my mom said "until the expiry date of my visa".
The officer didn't reply back and did not stamp any date on my mom's passport. What does that mean? Can she stay
for two years here in Canada or do we need to apply for extension of her stay here? Is there any default length of stay
allowed if no stamp in passport? For those who want to ask questions about my mom's experiences during her supervisa
application, do not hesitate to ask me. I will be glad to help in any way I can. Thanks again.
Hello there, i'm new to the forum.. and i do need help if you have time.. can you tell me your mom's experience and how long the application took? i think i'm quite overwhelmed with all the requirements needed and i just dont know where to start. is the application online or she mailed all the documents? thanks so much! congrats btw, happy that your mom is here already.

apa108

Star Member
Apr 14, 2012
Folks, Need to apply Supervisa for my mom from Pakistan. Need to know if we can do the medical prior submitting the application. My mom lives in a far off place from ISL so want to avoid an extra trip for medical .

sivathegreat

Aug 21, 2011
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Sep-2011
File Transfer...
30-Nov-2011
Med's Done....
06-Aug-2011
Interview........
I will do it to my wife
Passport Req..
20-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Feb-2012
LANDED..........
She is flying Today
apa108 said:
Folks, Need to apply Supervisa for my mom from Pakistan. Need to know if we can do the medical prior submitting the application. My mom lives in a far off place from ISL so want to avoid an extra trip for medical .
Hi,
I am from Chennai - India.
I had this doubt when I applied for my mother Super visa last week.

Why to doubt?
If the hospital can do it without any letter from Visa office why not do it?
So I did that in advance and put the receipt in the application.

There is no loss in doing it before, and for super visa it is mandatory
so if you don't do it in advance the visa offices is going to send you letter

by doing in advance the only loss is suppose if they reject the application
you will lose the money in medical.

Hope this helps
Wishing all the best
Thanks

sivathegreat

Aug 21, 2011
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Sep-2011
File Transfer...
30-Nov-2011
Med's Done....
06-Aug-2011
Interview........
I will do it to my wife
Passport Req..
20-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Feb-2012
LANDED..........
She is flying Today
sue_c26 said:
Hello there, i'm new to the forum.. and i do need help if you have time.. can you tell me your mom's experience and how long the application took? i think i'm quite overwhelmed with all the requirements needed and i just dont know where to start. is the application online or she mailed all the documents? thanks so much! congrats btw, happy that your mom is here already.
it is very simple, any doubts ask me

sivathegreat

Aug 21, 2011
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Sep-2011
File Transfer...
30-Nov-2011
Med's Done....
06-Aug-2011
Interview........
I will do it to my wife
Passport Req..
20-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Feb-2012
LANDED..........
She is flying Today
Gary Goldshmidt said:
There is really no set amount that you need to show. If your parents or grandparents can show $10,000 it is fine. This is not a requirement but is one of the factors a visa officer will take into account.
I have shown no funds for my mother
I have shown my funds.

This is reality she is house wife in India
let us see what happens to my application

Gm1986

May 3, 2013
Hi

Anyone knows, how much time it will take after medical in Super Visa.
My parents did medical a week ago?

anyone who applied at Chandigarh?

Any help would be nice