+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa - anyone applied as yet?

persia5

Star Member
Dec 27, 2010
hello guys how r u doing
1/if u don't mind can you please tell me about this kind of visa ...super visa ??
2/and who is able and have right to apply for this visa ??
3/and what documents do i need to apply for it ?
waiting for your answers
thank you

abhi812

Sep 10, 2010
Hi Everyone,

Currently I am staying in Toronto with my wife and want to invite my mother on supervisa application
What should be best answer in "purpose of visit" section for Supervisa application.

Below are some option.Can you please select or give me best suitable option so that visa office should be happy
1)Visiting Son

2)Visiting Son and his family

3)Visiting tourist attractions in Canada.

4)Visiting Son and tourist attractions in Canada

Torap

Star Member
Jan 20, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2012
Doc's Request.
No
AOR Received.
15-04-2012
IELTS Request
Sent along with application
Med's Request
08-05-2012
Med's Done....
16-05-2012
Passport Req..
28-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2012
LANDED..........
05-07-2012
Hello Friends,

Is it possible to apply for Super Visa after coming to Canada on a TRV. I am planning to apply for mom's Visa, but heard that supervisa is taking considerable time to get processed. So, I am looking into this option.

Any thoughts on this ?

Thanks.

Z.sha

Aug 23, 2012
My parents have applied for supervisa from Pakistan. They got the medical notification from CHC Islamabad. They sent their medical examination forms and passports back to Islamabad on Jul 31, 2012. Does anyone know how long it takes CHC Islamabad to issue the visa after the medical examination has been done?

Regards

rajdeepa

Mar 22, 2009
Torap said:
Hello Friends,

Is it possible to apply for Super Visa after coming to Canada on a TRV. I am planning to apply for mom's Visa, but heard that supervisa is taking considerable time to get processed. So, I am looking into this option.

Any thoughts on this ?

Thanks.
You can apply for supervisa after your mom comes to canada. I have applied for Supervisa in Chennai office and it took less than 3 weeks.. I did upfront medicals.. Overall 4 weeks..

kidrobot

Nov 25, 2009
Hi everybody,

Do i need to notarized all the documents request by Visa Office? For example birth cert. proof of fund, marriage cert. proof of property ownership, invitation letter...etc.

Thanks.

Regards,
Kidrobot

Torap

Star Member
Jan 20, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2012
Doc's Request.
No
AOR Received.
15-04-2012
IELTS Request
Sent along with application
Med's Request
08-05-2012
Med's Done....
16-05-2012
Passport Req..
28-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2012
LANDED..........
05-07-2012
rajdeepa said:
You can apply for supervisa after your mom comes to canada. I have applied for Supervisa in Chennai office and it took less than 3 weeks.. I did upfront medicals.. Overall 4 weeks..
Thank you so much Rajdeepa for your response. So, how many day's in advance before filing the application did your mom undergo medical's ?

rajdeepa

Mar 22, 2009
Torap said:
Thank you so much Rajdeepa for your response. So, how many day's in advance before filing the application did your mom undergo medical's ?
Here are my timelines.

July 09, 2012- Upfront medicals done at chennai, Apollo hospitals
July 18, 2012 - Application submitted along with medical results at Chennai VFS office
July 19, 2012 - Application received at Delhi, CHC
Aug 06, 2012 - Super visa issued as per stamping date
Aug 08, 2012 - Super visa received at my parents residence.

Sanju1986

Nov 10, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Spouse.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25th March 2013
AOR Received.
17th April 2013
File Transfer...
17th April 2013
Med's Done....
17th Feb 2013
Interview........
Waived (As per GCMS Notes)
Passport Req..
28th May 2013
VISA ISSUED...
IP Since 8th Nov / DM 18th nov/ PP back - 22nd Nov !!Rehmat teri mehnat Meri Sachey Paatshah !!!
LANDED..........
hopefully soon !!!Rehmat teri mehnat Meri Sachey Paatshah !!
To Kidorob
No Buddy, No need to notarized anything.

NT_PH

Mar 19, 2011
Davao
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
October 21,2011
am a new in this case... i am from Philippines living in Canada right now... please help

if am done write the invitation to my mom does i need to sent it thru postal mail? thank

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
persia5 said:
hello guys how r u doing
1/if u don't mind can you please tell me about this kind of visa ...super visa ??
2/and who is able and have right to apply for this visa ??
3/and what documents do i need to apply for it ?
waiting for your answers
thank you
1/ http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/supervisa.asp
2/ Adult children who are citizens or PRs of Canada and want their parents to visit Canada for an extended period of time
3/ http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/supervisa-how.asp

filcanLady

Aug 27, 2012
Super Visa - anyone applied as yet?

Hi Everyone
I am new to this forum and I find it very useful

I am applying my mom for a Super Visa...I have a few questions that needs clarifiying and I will apppreciate it if anyone can help me please...

1. Does the invitation letter have to be notarized here in Canada?
2. Do I need to buy the medical insurance when we submit her application? If yes, can anyone please suggest a good one?
because I emailed the Canadian Immigration office in the Philippines asking about the medical insurance and this is what they told me:

Dear Madam:

The application can be submitted without the "medical insurance" provided that it will be indicated that the application is for the "Super Visa". This requirement will be requested during the processing of the application.

Yours sincerely,
Immigration Section - Bureau de visa

Embassy of Canada, Manila - Ambassade du Canada, Manille

filcanLady

Aug 27, 2012
Sorry about the previous post ....can barely read the message because i changed the font color to pink :)

anyways here's the email :

Dear Madam:

The application can be submitted without the "medical insurance" provided that it will be indicated that the application is for the "Super Visa". This requirement will be requested during the processing of the application.

Yours sincerely,
Immigration Section - Bureau de visa

Embassy of Canada, Manila - Ambassade du Canada, Manille

kidrobot

Nov 25, 2009
Sanju1986 said:
To Kidorob
No Buddy, No need to notarized anything.

Thanks Sanju1986! :)

I still have another question to ask.

My brother sponsor me and my sister to apply PR. Our applicant still in process. Plan on bring my mom together to Canada once we get our Visa. He got married and have 2 kids, total 4 person in his household. I would like to ask is he eligible to write letter to invite my mom go to Canada? TRV or Super Visa more easily to get approved?

Can i ask my brother sign and scan the invitation letter for me to submit to Visa Office? Did Visa Office mention they want original invitation letter?

Is it submit one invitation letter (write for parent) and one letter for the Visa Officer (to explain how long the parent going to stay in Canada and who financially support their stay)?

Is there anyone help parents apply TRV without submit the invitation letter? Because in the Singapore visa office document checklist stated submit invitation letter if applicable.

Thanks for your reply.