kkim604

Apr 27, 2010
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Korea
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
couple of questions filling out the vistor application for super visa

for parent's mailing address, because the address format is different from Canada address format, city, province, postal code etc...
Can I just put complete address into street name?

What do I need to put in for "funds available for stay"?
I'll be supporting my parents, so they wont be bringing much money at all.

rdcarpio

Aug 9, 2012
Re: Super Visa -Medical Exams

Hi all ,

Im new to the forum, wanted to share with you the status of my application.
Im trying to bring my mom to be with me for the delivery of my first baby, however its been so long and still im waiting.

Applied : May 13,2012
Request for Medical exams :May 17,2012
1st medical test done : May 22,2012
Request for 2nd medical exams: July 23,2012

In the second medical exam requisition they requested to be done after Sep 7, 2012

so now my mom is waiting for that day to come to get the second medical test done.

at this point im afraid my mom wont be here on my due date :(

nanaykopo

Star Member
Apr 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@kkim604: I think if you put the address your way it won't be a big deal (your visa office will understand it) or maybe you still fill out the city and province, (I know you dont have postal code right?) even you put the complete address in the street name (that's my opinion)
and what i did on my mom's application on available funds I put the money that I will be providing for her then beside it I wrote down (we'll be provided by my host)

@ruparupa: if she gets the visa before that date just phone the insurance company to move the coverage of her insurance.

@kidrobot: the medical insurance covers a specific period right?, if she bought it long time ago is it still in effect today?or on the date that your mom will be here? Supervisa requires a medical insurance valid for a minimum of 1 year from a canadian insurance company and provides a minimum coverage of $100,000. So let's say the insurance that she bought long time ago is still ok maybe you should phone that insurance and ask if you could adjust the coverage to $100,000?

@rdcarpio: that is a long wait for supervisa, I hope you could find someone to help you.

Smithsboy

Aug 6, 2012
My sister is applying for a Super Visa for our parents who are currently visiting from the UK, and will be here for another 5 months. We are confused where to send the completed application as there is conflicting information...does it need to go to London or CPP Ottawa?

ruparupa

Oct 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2010
Doc's Request.
01-07-2010
AOR Received.
15-11-2010
IELTS Request
sent with other docs
File Transfer...
In Process with date & letter sent on 23rd April '12
Med's Request
06-11-2012
Med's Done....
08-12-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
not yet
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
not yet
Can anyone please give me an idea how much fund should one show for a one year stay in Canada? Say if it is CAD 10,000, should all the funds be shown into a bank account?

schmeichel

Star Member
Sep 27, 2008
Hi all,

I plan on applying for a SuperVisa for my Mom in the near future, I am just curious as to the conditions of the insurance packages available. My Mom has diabetes, high blood pressure and she frequently suffers from mild depression, I was just wondering if the insurance packages would cover doctor's visits and medications? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

kidrobot

Nov 25, 2009
nanaykopo said:
@ kkim604: I think if you put the address your way it won't be a big deal (your visa office will understand it) or maybe you still fill out the city and province, (I know you dont have postal code right?) even you put the complete address in the street name (that's my opinion)
and what i did on my mom's application on available funds I put the money that I will be providing for her then beside it I wrote down (we'll be provided by my host)

@ ruparupa: if she gets the visa before that date just phone the insurance company to move the coverage of her insurance.

@ kidrobot: the medical insurance covers a specific period right?, if she bought it long time ago is it still in effect today?or on the date that your mom will be here? Supervisa requires a medical insurance valid for a minimum of 1 year from a canadian insurance company and provides a minimum coverage of $100,000. So let's say the insurance that she bought long time ago is still ok maybe you should phone that insurance and ask if you could adjust the coverage to $100,000?

@ rdcarpio: that is a long wait for supervisa, I hope you could find someone to help you.

Thanks for your reply, nanaykopo.

Super Visa need the child/ grandchild write an invitation letter. How about regular visitor visa? Did regular visa also need to submit the invitation letter? Is the invitation letter must be notarized by the Commissioner of Oath in Canada?

Regards,
Kidrobot

kkim604

Apr 27, 2010
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Korea
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
do i need to buy 2 years insurance up front to get 2 years super visa?
or one year first, then renew it later?
hope I dont have to buy 2 years, that's huge chunk of money, $8k to cover both parents for two years...

nanaykopo

Star Member
Apr 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@kidrobot: you're welcome.. And if you check the document checklist of the supervisa it's the same as the regular visitor's visa.. So an invitation is required, and i dont think they require you to have it notarized. @schmeichel: try going to their site and usually there's a policy wording or like a brochure that you can click and it will tell you what is covered. I bought my insurance online (gms) and there's this policy wording that i checked before buying it cause i want to know about their refund policy, and i believe that most of the information you were asking was in there too.. Try checking you insurance's website it should be there if none phone them, then you could ask them everything you need to know..

NT_PH

Mar 19, 2011
Davao
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
October 21,2011
hello everyone... can you help where i can find a co-signer for Super Visa or TRV please.. thanks alot

destinybath

Aug 19, 2012
hi everyone...i have just joined this forum...thanks for valuable information...

i am goin to apply super visa for my mom & dad from chandigarh..i have 3 questions..

1. in case of upfront medical we have to wait for a week..this includes working days or sat,sundays also??

2.does the ordianary attestatation of notary will work from canada... or i have to put red seal notary stamp who put red sticker type stamp while attestation ???..

3.how long bank statement (3 months or 1 month) i have to attach from canada...

also tell me anything to keep in mind while submitting application....
sincere thanks..

rajdeepa

Mar 22, 2009
destinybath said:
hi everyone...i have just joined this forum...thanks for valuable information...

i am goin to apply super visa for my mom & dad from chandigarh..i have 3 questions..

1. in case of upfront medical we have to wait for a week..this includes working days or sat,sundays also??

2.does the ordianary attestatation of notary will work from canada... or i have to put red seal notary stamp who put red sticker type stamp while attestation ???..

3.how long bank statement (3 months or 1 month) i have to attach from canada...

also tell me anything to keep in mind while submitting application....
sincere thanks..
1) give 7 days including weekend after doing medicals.
2) Notarization is enough.. no need for red seal..
3) last 3 months is good.. I have attached last 6 months to be on safer side..

Good luck with your application...

persia5

Star Member
Dec 27, 2010
hello guys how r u doing
1/if u don't mind can you please tell me about this kind of visa ...super visa ??
2/and who is able and have right to apply for this visa ??
3/and what documents do i need to apply for it ?
waiting for your answers
thank you

kidrobot

Nov 25, 2009
nanaykopo said:
@ kidrobot: you're welcome.. And if you check the document checklist of the supervisa it's the same as the regular visitor's visa.. So an invitation is required, and i dont think they require you to have it notarized. @ schmeichel: try going to their site and usually there's a policy wording or like a brochure that you can click and it will tell you what is covered. I bought my insurance online (gms) and there's this policy wording that i checked before buying it cause i want to know about their refund policy, and i believe that most of the information you were asking was in there too.. Try checking you insurance's website it should be there if none phone them, then you could ask them everything you need to know..

I saw some of the people said they get their letter notarized but some didn't mention about this at all. So I'm a but confused whether should notarized the letter or not.