+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa - anyone applied as yet?

onj2012

Mar 3, 2012
Finally... My in-laws got their visa on May 8th with the expiry date of 2016, which is their passport validity as well. Now, we'll try to book their flights within couple of weeks. Congratulations to everybody and best of Luck and god bless to those who are waiting.

Here is our timeline:
March 3rd - Application picked up
March 13th - Letter for medical Requesition
March 15th - Medical done
March 26th - Mother-in-law's medical submitter to Canadian embassy
April 19th - Father-in-law's medical submitted to Canadian embassy
May 8th - Passports with visa received!

As you would all notice, there's a huge gap between the date of my mother-in-law's medical result was forwarded to the Canadian embassy and the date of when my father-in-law's medical result was submitted to the embassy. Apparently, the clinic that they went to get their medicals done was only aiming for extra money they could take from my in-laws. They said that after their medical tests, they would receive a phone call within 3 days if there's any problem with any of the results and might request for a re-medical. We have been calling the medic office since 10 to 15 days after their medical done then and they kept telling that everything is fine with both of our parents and no need to worry. On April 16th, after the long wait they have said that my father-in-law needs to pay extra money for another test and said that my mother-in-law's medical result was sent off on April 26th (which they haven't mentioned to us till that day). Anyways, I was so upset and I asked the receptionist to let me talk to the doctor, sure enough, she changed her mind right away after I told them that they are just after the money. And she claimed that they will send the results to the embassy right ways which didn't occur till the 19th of April. The Designated Medical Practitioner is Susana Camille Timbol-Sanchez (SCTS). These people can take advantage of you, especially those ones who's not ready to speak for themselves.

Now, our only concern is whether they would need anything else upon arriving at the POE and they will only have the one way ticket for each of them as it is also expensive to have a two way with open dates. Thanks a lot everyone!

nanaykopo

Star Member
Apr 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
onj2012 said:
Finally... My in-laws got their visa on May 8th with the expiry date of 2016, which is their passport validity as well. Now, we'll try to book their flights within couple of weeks. Congratulations to everybody and best of Luck and god bless to those who are waiting.

Here is our timeline:
March 3rd - Application picked up
March 13th - Letter for medical Requesition
March 15th - Medical done
March 26th - Mother-in-law's medical submitter to Canadian embassy
April 19th - Father-in-law's medical submitted to Canadian embassy
May 8th - Passports with visa received!

As you would all notice, there's a huge gap between the date of my mother-in-law's medical result was forwarded to the Canadian embassy and the date of when my father-in-law's medical result was submitted to the embassy. Apparently, the clinic that they went to get their medicals done was only aiming for extra money they could take from my in-laws. They said that after their medical tests, they would receive a phone call within 3 days if there's any problem with any of the results and might request for a re-medical. We have been calling the medic office since 10 to 15 days after their medical done then and they kept telling that everything is fine with both of our parents and no need to worry. On April 16th, after the long wait they have said that my father-in-law needs to pay extra money for another test and said that my mother-in-law's medical result was sent off on April 26th (which they haven't mentioned to us till that day). Anyways, I was so upset and I asked the receptionist to let me talk to the doctor, sure enough, she changed her mind right away after I told them that they are just after the money. And she claimed that they will send the results to the embassy right ways which didn't occur till the 19th of April. The Designated Medical Practitioner is Susana Camille Timbol-Sanchez (SCTS). These people can take advantage of you, especially those ones who's not ready to speak for themselves.

Now, our only concern is whether they would need anything else upon arriving at the POE and they will only have the one way ticket for each of them as it is also expensive to have a two way with open dates. Thanks a lot everyone!
wow congratulations...
question aside from your NOA did you submit a bank certificateÉ or a bank statementÉ was it notarizedÉ and where did you get their health insuranceÉ
I will submit our application this may to canadian embassy manila..
Hoping that everything goes well like yours..
your reply would be highly appreciated.. thanks in advance onj2012

TRUONGAN

Nov 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CIO Received Oct 9 2012
AOR Received.
Nov 26 2012
Med's Request
Nov 29 2012
Med's Done....
December 8 2012
Interview........
In process Feb 12 2013
Passport Req..
March 27 2013
Glad to see nobody in our topic has failed the supervisa so far, unless those with missing documents.

Keep the spirit going! Hope they will resume parental sponsorship soon.

onj2012

Mar 3, 2012
nanaykopo said:
wow congratulations...
question aside from your NOA did you submit a bank certificateÉ or a bank statementÉ was it notarizedÉ and where did you get their health insuranceÉ
I will submit our application this may to canadian embassy manila..
Hoping that everything goes well like yours..
your reply would be highly appreciated.. thanks in advance onj2012
nanaykopo: we did not actually give our NOA and bank certificate. We only gave the original letter of employment from my husband's employer and my employer as well. We also did not get it notarized. The only thing we've got notarized is the letter of invitation. It says on the document checklist if you could only provide one from the list will suffice them as long as it shows that you meet the LICO. We also got their insurance from GMS, we got it online and have the policy printed out for them and included altogether with the other documents. I hope your application will have the smooth and fast processing. God bless you and you're welcome :)

rupi21

May 12, 2012
Just wanted share that my parents got super visa.

Application submitted 23 April at VFS New Delhi, India
Medical requested 24 April
Medical done 28 April
Passport resubmitted 1 May at VFS
Visa Stamped 4 May
Passport collected 8 May from VFS

That was really quicker than thought, 2 weeks I am still surprised.

gurminder

May 11, 2012
India
Category........
Visa Office......
<a href="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvG0iy7l9DMbdEdialdxdFR3TS1XT0liVFljY21PTkE#gid=0">New Delhi PNP 2012-13</a>
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-05-2012
Doc's Request.
08-10-2012(Sponsor passport & proof of funds submitted)
Nomination.....
LOA Received Dtd 24-10-12
AOR Received.
Ist AOR CIC-NS 05-MAR-2013, IInd AOR from NDVO 27-Jun-2013 [<a href="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AsRLPEaX_tE_dG42Q3FwdXZBbjdhU21wdHMyM3IwVlE#gid=0">JAN 2013 CIC-NS</a>]
IELTS Request
<a href="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArY_aHkJjmL_dFdOLXhST2VOYkwtNUgxczR2eFRVd0E">MPNP 2012</a>
File Transfer...
To NDVO 27-Jun-2013, To Colombo 26-Nov-2013
hello friends,
I have applied Super Visa for my mother at chandigarh VFS office on 08-May-2012. Is there any one has also applied at Chandigarh VFS .
Thanks

immeen98

May 15, 2012
hi everyone,

im fairly new to this forum, but i have been reading the post from time to time on this thread.

My question is very time sensitive, because i would like for my mom to submit her application for super visa within the next 48 hours.

The scenario is I am an Canadian Citizen through Skilled worker category, but my mom was in canada before under Refugee claimant. So after her stay in canada for 3 years she decided to withdraw her Refugee Claim and head on over back to her home country. Well my problem is whether i should include her "Letter of Withdrawal" in her Super Visa Application or it really doesnt matter if i dont?

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
My mom finally arrived in Canada this afternoon (May 15) with her Super Visa. The CBSA officer asked a few formal things; didn't bother to see my letter (where I asked for 2-year stay). She got her passport stamped with just a date of entry to Canada (May 15, 2012). There was nothing mentioned re: length of stay.

So, is it 6 month stay permit by default? Not that it matters as my mother will be leaving within 3 months; but yet I want to know about it for future. Thanks.

onj2012

Mar 3, 2012
That's what I wanna find out too Rossei. My in-laws are arriving this Sundy afternoon, May 20th and I wanna know how long will the immigration officer grant them regarding the length of stay. And we didn't get them a return ticket as it can be so expensive with open date of return. Hopefully 2 years is what they get.

TRUONGAN

Nov 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CIO Received Oct 9 2012
AOR Received.
Nov 26 2012
Med's Request
Nov 29 2012
Med's Done....
December 8 2012
Interview........
In process Feb 12 2013
Passport Req..
March 27 2013
Rossei said:
My mom finally arrived in Canada this afternoon (May 15) with her Super Visa. The CBSA officer asked a few formal things; didn't bother to see my letter (where I asked for 2-year stay). She got her passport stamped with just a date of entry to Canada (May 15, 2012). There was nothing mentioned re: length of stay.

So, is it 6 month stay permit by default? Not that it matters as my mother will be leaving within 3 months; but yet I want to know about it for future. Thanks.
I think if they didn't specify the date it is 6 mth by default. You are best to confirm with your local CBSA and ask them to find out in their system.

emr

Star Member
Aug 13, 2009
Rossei said:

Hi Rossei,

Could you pls let me know what docs your Mom carried with her and what were the Q's asked?
It will be helpful for others as well....if you do not mind....

My Mom is planning to travel this coming Monday.

Thanks in advance!

onj2012

Mar 3, 2012
Rossei said:

I called the Canada immigration today to confirm about this matter and the agent told me that it's a maximum stay of 2 years or the super visa and can be renew after two years if needed with the same application fee of $150 CAD. I also asked if my in-laws would need to h e the return ticket with open date and he said that it's not necessary and the immigration officer wt the port of entry will only put a stamp on their passports with the date of entry. This is exciting, they'll be here this Sunday afternoon :)

gpz100

Jan 31, 2012
Sorry Was away from this thread for a while.... thought of updating with the status of my mother in law's Super Visa application process:

March 20th - Application for super visa sent directly to the Delhi Office ( not through VFS as there is no VFS in my state)
April 2nd - Medical request received and passport sent back as they said it is required for doing the medical examination.
April 20th - Medical Examination done in approved local hospital.
May 17th - Received telephone call from Delhi office, requesting back for passport
May 17th - Passport couriered back to Delhi Office.

***Waiting***

gurminder

May 11, 2012
India
Category........
Visa Office......
<a href="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvG0iy7l9DMbdEdialdxdFR3TS1XT0liVFljY21PTkE#gid=0">New Delhi PNP 2012-13</a>
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-05-2012
Doc's Request.
08-10-2012(Sponsor passport & proof of funds submitted)
Nomination.....
LOA Received Dtd 24-10-12
AOR Received.
Ist AOR CIC-NS 05-MAR-2013, IInd AOR from NDVO 27-Jun-2013 [<a href="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AsRLPEaX_tE_dG42Q3FwdXZBbjdhU21wdHMyM3IwVlE#gid=0">JAN 2013 CIC-NS</a>]
IELTS Request
<a href="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArY_aHkJjmL_dFdOLXhST2VOYkwtNUgxczR2eFRVd0E">MPNP 2012</a>
File Transfer...
To NDVO 27-Jun-2013, To Colombo 26-Nov-2013
Frinds,
I have applied for super visa 4 my mom on 08-may2012 at chandigarh vfs office.
And I received her passport back for Medical on 15-May. And Today on 17-may we got the medical done frm fortis mohali. and just after completion of medical, today again we submitted the passport at Chandigarh VFS office again...

jack sparrow 2009

Star Member
Sep 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2011
AOR Received.
31ST MAY 2011
File Transfer...
8TH JUNE 2011
Interview........
12 SEP 2011
Passport Req..
12 SEP 2011
VISA ISSUED...
5th march 2012..
LANDED..........
flying on 11th march 2012.....
HIIII GUYS CONGRTAS TO ALL THOSE WHO GOT SUPER VISA FOR PARENTS....... I WANNA ASK FEW QUESTIONS... AS MY MOM GONNA LAND IN CANADA IN JUNE 2012... ON TOURIST VISA FOR 8 MONTHS...

1 CAN I FILE HER S VISA FROM CANADA

2 AS I M PR HERE BUT I LANDED MYSELF IN MARCH 2012 SO I HAVNT EARNED MUCH CAN MY SPOUSE CO SIGN ME TO MEET LICO???? SAY I ONLY EARNED CLOST TO 2OOO CAD TILL YET...

WE ARE FAMILY OF THREE ... SO WE NEED 35K???? OR MORE,,,,,,,

THX IN ADVANCE