+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa and only 6 months stay permit

maunishq

Mar 11, 2017
Hi,
My mother got Super visa couple years back and she has visited us in Canada couple times now.
The first time she got a permit to stay for 1 year.
Then Second time she was allowed to stay for 2 years but she returned back in 3 months only.
This time when she came back to Canada the border agent stamped only 6 months stay and informed that 2 years stay permit is only for one time. She can't stay for more than 6 months from now onwards.
We informed the agent that she has 1 year of Canadian Medical Insurance and we will extend the insurance for the 2nd year. But she didn't agree to anything.
Is this a new rule? I haven't read this anywhere.

Another question I have is if I apply for visa extension does my mother have to go through medical examination and everything just like a visitor visa extension or is it just an application fees I have to pay while applying for the extension?

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks.

MC.

Akaur362

Apr 13, 2018
Same with me ... I’m so upset with this stuff.. I extend my father Supervisa because I need him to take care of my son but they just give 6 months extension after spending too much money

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Same with me ... I’m so upset with this stuff.. I extend my father Supervisa because I need him to take care of my son but they just give 6 months extension after spending too much money
Actually you are quite lucky because your parents aren't allowed to work in Canada so if CIC was aware they were caring for your child they would have been denied a visa or been given an even shorter stay.