+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super visa and drivers license Manitoba

sw6lee

Star Member
Mar 18, 2012
Hi there,

My mom arrived in canada on super visa this year July. She’s from visa Excempt country. And the BSO didn’t give her any paper or any stamp on passport.

1. Is this normal? How do we provide MPI the expiry date of her visa? Also I do not know the expirydate either there’s no paper stating it. Is it automatically 5 years? We provided what we have and she only got 6 month of drivers license and we need more document to extend

2. She only purchased 1 year health insurance in the beginning. Does she have to extend it? What if the visa was only given for 1 year Cuz health insurance was 1 year? How do we go about extending everything? To 5 years?

Thank you so much

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi there,

My mom arrived in canada on super visa this year July. She’s from visa Excempt country. And the BSO didn’t give her any paper or any stamp on passport.

1. Is this normal? How do we provide MPI the expiry date of her visa? Also I do not know the expirydate either there’s no paper stating it. Is it automatically 5 years? We provided what we have and she only got 6 month of drivers license and we need more document to extend

2. She only purchased 1 year health insurance in the beginning. Does she have to extend it? What if the visa was only given for 1 year Cuz health insurance was 1 year? How do we go about extending everything? To 5 years?

Thank you so much
1. She needed to ask for a visitor record when she landed in order to have a physical record of the 2 or 5 years depending on when she entered.
2. she is required to purchase a supervisa health policy every year. If she qualifies for a policy and pays for one she is able to stay for another year. Supervisa policies need to be applied for every year because if a parent has a major health issue the insurance company may not want to insure her or may increase the policy price dramatically. To stay in Canada on a supervisa you have To have both the supervisa and supervisa insurance.