+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa 2023

Dien

Jul 12, 2021
Hi there,

Would you know if biometric is required for super visa? Does my mom have to do it upfront or wait until IRCC requests it?

Thank you!

RDJ196

Mar 16, 2023
Submitted my mum's Super Visa Application on Feb 2, Biometrics done Feb 8, Medical Received March 10. No updates since. Anyone else on the same boat? Mum is in India, I believe the application would have gone to Chandigarh or Delhi office. Please help put my mind on ease!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Submitted my mum's Super Visa Application on Feb 2, Biometrics done Feb 8, Medical Received March 10. No updates since. Anyone else on the same boat? Mum is in India, I believe the application would have gone to Chandigarh or Delhi office. Please help put my mind on ease!
supervisa processing often takes numerous months so your processing is very normal. You are currently waiting for her medical to be reviewed and whether further testing is required. Could be 1-2 months after the medical is submitted to hear anything.

RDJ196

Mar 16, 2023
supervisa processing often takes numerous months so your processing is very normal. You are currently waiting for her medical to be reviewed and whether further testing is required. Could be 1-2 months after the medical is submitted to hear anything.
Thank you!

Dien

Jul 12, 2021
Hi everyone,
I need help. My mom already gave Biometrics before and it's valid till 2029, but when she applied she selected she doesn't give Biometrics in the last 10 years and paid the fee.
Now, IRCC issued the Biometrics Instruction Letter today March 17, Should my mom take Biometrics again?
Also, the latest update in her application states that: Biometrics March 3 : Completed.
So I'm super confused now.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi everyone,
I need help. My mom already gave Biometrics before and it's valid till 2029, but when she applied she selected she doesn't give Biometrics in the last 10 years and paid the fee.
Now, IRCC issued the Biometrics Instruction Letter today March 17, Should my mom take Biometrics again?
Also, the latest update in her application states that: Biometrics March 3 : Completed.
So I'm super confused now.
The system has recognized that she already has a valid biometric. If she doesn’t receive a refund for the biometrics when her TRAv is finished being processed she should ask for one

Dien

Jul 12, 2021
The system has recognized that she already has a valid biometric. If she doesn’t receive a refund for the biometrics when her TRAv is finished being processed she should ask for one
Thank you so much. Does that mean my mom doesn't need to take Biometrics again then?

Zee1995

May 14, 2018
Supervisa for my mom
Applied : March 13, 2023
Biometrics payment request: March 15, 2023
Previously given biometrics for visitor visa in 2018 but they still requested to pay for biometrics, I paid and uploaded receipt through webformon same day and still waiting for BIL, is there any way I can book Biometrics upfront or should i wait ? can i do upfront medical or should i wait for that too ?

Dien

Jul 12, 2021
Supervisa for my mom
Applied : March 13, 2023
Biometrics payment request: March 15, 2023
Previously given biometrics for visitor visa in 2018 but they still requested to pay for biometrics, I paid and uploaded receipt through webformon same day and still waiting for BIL, is there any way I can book Biometrics upfront or should i wait ? can i do upfront medical or should i wait for that too ?
Biometrics you have to wait, but Medical you can do upfront. I'd recommend doing Medical ASAP as it will speed up your mom's application.

$am

Star Member
May 6, 2020
My mother's supervisa application timeline :

applied via ircc porta; : march-28
BIL : march-28
Biometrics given at vfs : april-3
Biometrics uploaded : april-5
medical passed : april-5

Background check is still in process and eligibility not started.

Anyone know how much time does it takes to start eligibility after medical passed?

CanadianDreamer@TO

Jul 23, 2021
My Father's and Mothers Supervisa Timeline from India with upfront medicals

Applied via IRCC Portal: March-20
Biometric Instruction Letter (BIL): March-20
Biometrics given at VFS New Delhi: March-27
Biometrics Updated on IRCC Portal: Mother-March 27th.
Father-March 30th
Medicals Passed: March 30th.

Eligibility Started: Mother-April 4th.
Father-April 6th

Passport Request: For both: April 6th

What are the next steps? How do I submit the passport for stamping? I am planning to take the services from VFS Global.

On the IRCC Portal, Eligibility and Background check is still going on? How did they got the PPR requests then?

Review of eligibility

• We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Last edited:
Reactions: SagarRangaCS

heaven88

Star Member
May 30, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
27-12-2015
My Father's and Mothers Supervisa Timeline from India with upfront medicals

Applied via IRCC Portal: March-20
Biometric Instruction Letter (BIL): March-20
Biometrics given at VFS New Delhi: March-27
Biometrics Updated on IRCC Portal: Mother-March 27th.
Father-March 30th
Medicals Passed: March 30th.

Eligibility Started: Mother-April 4th.
Father-April 6th

Passport Request: For both: April 6th

What are the next steps? How do I submit the passport for stamping? I am planning to take the services from VFS Global.

On the IRCC Portal, Eligibility and Background check is still going on? How did they got the PPR requests then?

Review of eligibility

• We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
they will mark everything complete on the day of visa printing

heaven88

Star Member
May 30, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
27-12-2015
My mother's supervisa application timeline :

applied via ircc porta; : march-28
BIL : march-28
Biometrics given at vfs : april-3
Biometrics uploaded : april-5
medical passed : april-5

Background check is still in process and eligibility not started.

Anyone know how much time does it takes to start eligibility after medical passed?
medical passed by automated system because u enter UMI number in file and system picked it up , within week u might see update, not sure

Reactions: $am