RPrabhakar

Jun 28, 2016
Finally my mom got super visa today
Waiting for dad still
Applied 7-8 april
Medical done 26 april
Mom visa rejected 19 July reason medical not done
Raised multiple web forms with medical proof
Last week sent consideration letter to MP just explanation situation nd ircc to reconsider decision
MP sent letter . Nd got status that they received medical Aug 4 via webform
Today got ppr
Still waiting for Dad visa
Took us one visitor visa rejection.. missing my 1st pregnancy nd delivery . Atlast they will meet the baby
Hi Nancy,
Did you simply send an email to the MP or did you meet him/her first and then sent the email about the whole situation?
Regards
Ravi

Last edited:

RPrabhakar

Jun 28, 2016
Hi All,

It's been over 5 months now and we haven't received PPR for my mother's application. On IRCC website the current processing time for Supervisa in India is 33 days. I took a fair amount of duration between application date and travel date (5 months) but still didn't get visa on time. Due to this I had to cancel the insurance as the insurance company was not extending the date. I understand that they check the insurance on landing so I plan to buy it again when I have super visa in hand. My question is that do I need to buy another insurance and submit it to IRCC since the original one is no more valid now? Do they validate the insurance?

Application timeline
Applied on - 20th April
Eligibility Review started - 30th April (No update after that)
Medical - Upfront
Biometrics - Upfront
Already have a valid visitor visa

Please update your timeline on tracker-
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-59Ps1Ve0EQp7H9OTyNIf4DGylydfc8FuXFlRp-xabc/edit#gid=1886749574

RPrabhakar

Jun 28, 2016
Hey guys, I have submitted a supervisa application today with monthly medical insurance subscription and only then realized they started requiring fully paid medical insurance. Can I just submit a new application with fully paid up medical insurance and then raise a webform asking them to cancel the previous one?
No need for the new application. Raise a webform and attach the proof for fully paid medical insurance along with explanation.

Reactions: Umidjon90 and Rasha

Lifehack

Dec 19, 2016
Category........
FSW
Hello I am a little confused any help will be appreciated.

I am applying for my parents super visa.

I have a younger sibling in my home country. They both can't come together. So if I apply for both but in application I say they won't be coming together how would I pay for the insurance. Should I be paying according to their date of coming and together when i apply?

What happens they have to change the date is there a way to change the dates after one year payments?
Also when I am applying I am showing my funding in the bank around 25k for both of my parents will that be enough for funding them 8 months ?

There is an option where the question asks for the amount of money how much should I write the amount should I write the amount I have in Bank with statements or should I write according to LICO.

Also I have been contacting insurance company can someone say what should be something I should look out for?

Please any answer would be helpful.

nancy0426

Nov 8, 2021
Hi Nancy,
Did you simply send an email to the MP or did you meet him/her first and then sent the email about the whole situation?
Regards
Ravi
No need to meet or go . According to your postal code google your MP . They would have a contact email
Send them email .. one of thr volunteer will contact.

Reactions: asaeed100

joGain

Apr 20, 2022
Hello guys,
I have a question regarding the super visa. My wife is looking to apply for the super visa for her mother. Can we show only my income and tax returns for meeting the LICO requirement? Does the effect the strength of the application at all?

My wife is self employed. We have filed for her taxes but we are paying some back taxes for her at the moment in instalments.

We can show her tax returns as well if needed and also the instalment agreement, but will that reflect negatively on the application? Similarly, rather then showing her tax returns could we just show her bank statements and letter from the company that she works to show how much they paid her last year along with my pay stubs and tax return? If we are able to meet LICO requirement just from my income, is it necessary to show hers as well?

I would love to get some insight on this matter, @scylla, @legalfalcon and @canuck78 would you know anything about this?

Rajkaurgill

Star Member
Jul 11, 2022
Applied 14 june
Biometric done with previous application
Medical request 7 july
Medical done 13 july and passed on 18 july
Got ppR today 26 September

kumarh2020

Sep 15, 2020
Hello guys,
I have a question regarding the super visa. My wife is looking to apply for the super visa for her mother. Can we show only my income and tax returns for meeting the LICO requirement? Does the effect the strength of the application at all?

My wife is self employed. We have filed for her taxes but we are paying some back taxes for her at the moment in instalments.

We can show her tax returns as well if needed and also the instalment agreement, but will that reflect negatively on the application? Similarly, rather then showing her tax returns could we just show her bank statements and letter from the company that she works to show how much they paid her last year along with my pay stubs and tax return? If we are able to meet LICO requirement just from my income, is it necessary to show hers as well?

I would love to get some insight on this matter, @scylla, @legalfalcon and @canuck78 would you know anything about this?
You will need to show her tax returns, NOA, and returns. and your accounts with CRA need to be in clear / good standing prior to applying for super visa. Your wife alone can sponsor, but since you're there, your LICO amount will increase, and if you have any kids, the amount will go up by $7000 per child / claimed dependent as well. If you're sponsoring, then your information is required, however your LICO amount will go up based on number of dependents.

LICO requirement I believe is around $25k if you're single, $33k if you have a spouse, and $7k for each child / or claimed dependent. So.. you'd have to show them all, you may not need her income, but they'll all be reflected on financials.

joGain

Apr 20, 2022
You will need to show her tax returns, NOA, and returns. and your accounts with CRA need to be in clear / good standing prior to applying for super visa. Your wife alone can sponsor, but since you're there, your LICO amount will increase, and if you have any kids, the amount will go up by $7000 per child / claimed dependent as well. If you're sponsoring, then your information is required, however your LICO amount will go up based on number of dependents.

LICO requirement I believe is around $25k if you're single, $33k if you have a spouse, and $7k for each child / or claimed dependent. So.. you'd have to show them all, you may not need her income, but they'll all be reflected on financials.
So, our household income is above the LICO requirement even without her income. Even though she is the sponsor, wouldn’t my tax return and pay stubs suffice? What about in cases where one of the spouses does not work and relies on the other spouse’s earning? Aren’t they able to sponsor their parents for a supervisa by showing their spouse’s earning?

On the actual required documents page it states that we could include any of the following:

- T4/NOA
- EI benefits
- Employment letter with salary
- Bank statements
- Paystubs

The way they have worded it here seems like a either/or scenario rather than all of the above. It does not necessarily say that its mandatory to provide NOA/t4.

Any thoughts?

Once-A-Marketer

Mar 21, 2017
Received the passport request a few days ago :)

I have to say that VFS Global's website is frustrating, to say the least. I want to send and collect my folk's passports using their two-way service, but it's impossible to register for the service online. I keep getting the following error after I make the payment and the payment does not do through:

"Payment Gateway confirmation is pending from the bank. Please check your account for the deduction of the amount after 2 hours else make a new webform request."

I called my bank, and they do not see any transactions.

I have been trying to book a two-way courier service using the following portal (which, is also impossible to find on their website on your own):
https://cicforms.mioot.com/forms/PS/

I tried using RBC, Scotia, and Simplii credit cards, but I got the same error. Do I need to use Indian credit cards? I called their customer service and they pointed me to the above portal.

Can anyone throw some light on this? Is there any other way to book a two-way courier service?

Last edited:

lucasinho

Star Member
Jul 28, 2022

I have to say that VFS Global's website is frustrating, to say the least. I want to send and collect my folk's passports using their two-way service, but it's impossible to register for the service online. I keep getting the following error after I make the payment and the payment does not do through:

"Payment Gateway confirmation is pending from the bank. Please check your account for the deduction of the amount after 2 hours else make a new webform request."

I have been trying to book a two-way courier service using the following portal (which, is also impossible to find on their website on your own):

I tried using RBC, Scotia, and Simplii credit cards, but I got the same error. Do I need to use Indian credit cards? I called their customer service and they pointed me to the above portal.

Can anyone throw some light on this? Is there any other way to book a two-way courier service?
You should contact VFS Global. Maybe they'll offer you other form of payments, and tell them that their site sucks.

kumarh2020

Sep 15, 2020
So, our household income is above the LICO requirement even without her income. Even though she is the sponsor, wouldn’t my tax return and pay stubs suffice? What about in cases where one of the spouses does not work and relies on the other spouse’s earning? Aren’t they able to sponsor their parents for a supervisa by showing their spouse’s earning?

On the actual required documents page it states that we could include any of the following:

- T4/NOA
- EI benefits
- Bank statements
- Paystubs

The way they have worded it here seems like a either/or scenario rather than all of the above. It does not necessarily say that its mandatory to provide NOA/t4.

Any thoughts?
What I'm saying is, if she's the sponsor, she shows all the docs. The LICO qualifying amount is around $26000, and since you are her spouse, that qualifying amount goes up to $33000. Then, if you have children, even though they don't have tax returns or income, the $7000 per child is also added to the amount. If your income is higher, then just sponsor under normal circumstances, why play with the system to fall under LICO?

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018

Yes try using an Indian credit card. Issue is that India follows two way authentication like "verified by visa" and similar one for Mastercard where a second password / OTP is sent on phone to authenticate the transaction. So if you are using a foreign credit card it can likely fail. If you have an Indian bank account pay using net banking or use an India based credit card.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018

- T4/NOA
- EI benefits
- Bank statements
- Paystubs

Any thoughts?
You are partially correct. IF your spouse wasn't working and didn't have income she could have used your details and it would work. However, that is not the case. So, if you omit her information now to hide the tax owed then you would be lying on a visa application. Chances are you don't get caught and everything is fine. But if you do get caught consequences may be severe.

Why not just apply for visitor visa and then extend the stay on visitor visa. That is an alternative.

Reactions: kumarh2020