Super Visa 2022

joyshreenathEE

Jun 10, 2019
Sharing timeline parent’s supervisa application
File submitted- 26 Aug with
Biometric updated from previous rejection application same day 26 Aug
Medical upfront
Got BVl & Ppr - 12 sep
Hi Shaantoor, lots of congratualtions to you and your parents.
Here are my questions:
1. Which company did you take the insurance from?
2. Are FDs, Mutual Funds, Savings account and property papers enough for proof of funds and proof of home ties? Anything else we can or need to show?
3. Are FDs or PPF account that are opened less than 6 months of the time of Super Visa application accepted as valid proof of funds?
4. Do we need 6 months of bank statements for proof of funds?
Thanks in advance and Congratulations

KaZee20

Star Member
Dec 2, 2020
Please can someone confirm if they get an email for a one time code each time they log into their IRCC new portal account, or is it just me?
Thank you in advance

msingh199

Nov 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, My mother got a Medical request but my father (principal applicant) didn't. Wondering if I should wait or what would be my next step.

jchoudhury

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
I applied for my mother's super visa. She had her biometric done as part of previous Visitor Visa application. However, we requested for new biometric to be done. My mom received biometric collection letter on September 13 but at the same time, her biometric shows completed. but my mom hasn't completed her biometric yet (appointment is day after tomorrow). Does that happen to anyone else?

foxygrandpa

Star Member
Nov 3, 2017
Hi Folks,
Can someone please explain the process for applying using the "new portal". I have applied on July 3 using the GCKey system. However, I am getting worried that maybe I must re-apply using the new portal. But when I investigated this, I realized you need some sort of invitation code to apply using the IRCC portal. I welcome your thoughts and advice :)

jchoudhury

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
Hi Folks,
Can someone please explain the process for applying using the "new portal". I have applied on July 3 using the GCKey system. However, I am getting worried that maybe I must re-apply using the new portal. But when I investigated this, I realized you need some sort of invitation code to apply using the IRCC portal. I welcome your thoughts and advice :)
No. You don't need an invitation code. Follow the steps from this link How to apply for a visitor visa - Canada.ca, it will automatically take you to the new portal without invite code. I did for my mom on August.

joyshreenathEE

Jun 10, 2019
Dear All,

I have the following questions. It will be very helpful if anybody could help me with any or all of the questions below. Please help me out, even if you have any information about any of my following questions. Any assistance is highly appreciated.

Here are my questions:
1. Which company did you take the insurance from?
2. Are FDs, Mutual Funds, Savings account and property papers enough for proof of funds and proof of home ties? Anything else we can or need to show?
3. Are FDs or PPF account that are opened less than 6 months of the time of Super Visa application accepted as valid proof of funds?
4. Do we need 6 months of bank statements for proof of funds?

Thanks in advance

foxygrandpa

Star Member
Nov 3, 2017
No. You don't need an invitation code. Follow the steps from this link How to apply for a visitor visa - Canada.ca, it will automatically take you to the new portal without invite code. I did for my mom on August.
Thank you so much for your quick response. I realized that the link you had kindly shared indicates a visitor visa and does not say anything about the supervisa. I wonder what people, who applied using this portal, chose when they ask the reason? I wonder if they put "reuniting with a family member?
I appreciate your feedback.

canada_help

Star Member
Jun 28, 2014
Hi All - Does VFS provide any document once done with the biometrics? Any receipt or anything?
Or should we just assume that they will directly send those to the consulate and there's no confirmation required from our end?
Please advise.

How many days does it take to see the biometric update in the system?

dhallvikas22

Jan 19, 2020
Hello members,
Anyone help me please.
My wife is pregnant and wondering if she can apply Supervisa to bring her parents to take of her and baby.
Any help would be appreciated and how long would be the process if she applies for super visa.
Thanks.

brijoy887

Sep 11, 2022
Has anyone got a request for Police Clearance certificate? I haven't, but noticed the below here - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/parent-grandparent-super-visa/after-apply-next-steps.html

*****************************************************************************************************
We process your super visa application

We’ll check your application to make sure you have all the documents you need.

If it’s incomplete, we’ll return your application without processing it.

We may also ask you to:

******************************************************************************************************

nancy0426

Nov 8, 2021
Hello members,
Anyone help me please.
My wife is pregnant and wondering if she can apply Supervisa to bring her parents to take of her and baby.
Any help would be appreciated and how long would be the process if she applies for super visa.
Thanks.
Yes you can apply super visa
Donot mention pregnancy anywhere just say visiting you
I did visitor visa for pregnancy reject now raise super visa in April mom visa refused that she didn’t submit medical in July but she did submit medical in April and now we just waiting so they reconsider as it was mistake on thr side as they confirmed they got medical in august 1week
My agent suggested never mention u calling parents for support . Just say visiting you
Once u get visa do whatever you want