Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
Hi Members,

I have a Question regarding medical
My parents Super Visa application refused in March 2022 that time both did their upfront medical and it was passed on 28th Feb 2022.
I applied again super visa for them again , I know medical valid for 12 Month from the date of passed so ideally the earlier medical will be work this time also.

In new application which i submitted on 5th April 2022 , medical status is not yet updated

My Question:
Do I need to fill Webform and upload old Medical IMMI pdf and tell IRCC , so that they can mark Medical Pass
OR
IRCC will automatically fetch this details on basis of UCI and I do not need to fill any webform

please suggest

Thanks

Any update Guys

bonmatin2022

Mar 30, 2022
Hi , I have been seeing posts about old portal and new portal. I registered for my In laws using https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html by GC key. Is this new portal or old portal ?
Hi, that's the old one (gc key). The new one is : https://portal-portail.apps.cic.gc.ca/signin?lang=en
From my experience, I always have an issue signing in using gc key (getting in a loop that I have to delete caches, cookies, and search history). But I haven't had any issue with the new portal -> plus point for that.

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
Hi, that's the old one (gc key). The new one is : https://portal-portail.apps.cic.gc.ca/signin?lang=en
From my experience, I always have an issue signing in using gc key (getting in a loop that I have to delete caches, cookies, and search history). But I haven't had any issue with the new portal -> plus point for that.
This loop issue happend with me only first time in starting and then never occurred
Old portal /New portal does not matter , Waiting time is same.

Thanks

Reactions: find_anand

creatorzson

Star Member
Jan 23, 2017
Update guys:

Just got the PPR for my mother's application.

Application submitted for both parents : March 20th
Upfront Medicals for both parents submitted
Biometrics completed and valid from previous visitor visa file which was automatically withdrawn.
Medicals Passed for mother: March 29th
BVL for mother: March 29th
GC Key visitor visa application automatic withdrawn: March 30th
PPR: April 19th

Father's application still shows: "We are reviewing the results of your medical exam and no updates after that."

Not sure if I should wait for father's application to move or submit mother's passport for stamping. Happened to anyone?

madhav_91

Star Member
Mar 18, 2019
Thanks, I faced lot of issues clearing cache and logging in. Tried in the new portal and it seemed good.

Reactions: bonmatin2022

Annina

Apr 6, 2022
Well Super Visa does not require any travel history or financial assets so you are good as long as you fulfilled the LICO requirements.
Well then you just lifted some relief from my shoulders as that was basically my concern as well. I applied for my MIL and also had been previously denied visitor visa for the same reason. It’s been aprox 5 years since her visa was denied. We applied for supervisa on March 25/22 but haven’t heard and new news since March 29/22 when her Medical was passed and Biometrics given the same day. For reference she is applying from St Lucia.

Annina

Apr 6, 2022
GCKey or new portal both processing tie is same ,
IRCC does not give preference to New portal over old ,
That’s Interesting that you say this because TBH that’s what I was assuming as these application get sent to an Immigration office/officer and then it depends on how long it takes them to properly check your eligibility for the application. The office could have easily gotten a surge of application and that’s what’s causing the backlog and Delays. Not to mention the Covid delays that are already in place. I can’t see it being different when it comes to the New and Old Portal. I’ve seen too many ppl tho on the other hand stating that they have gotten approved faster after re submitting with the new portal. So in hindsight who really knows lol!! I believe it falls under Luck! So I wish everyone who is waiting like myself The Best Of Luck and wish that everyone gets a good outcome!!

Reactions: Croyez

Annina

Apr 6, 2022
I applied on 5th april as well for my mother’s super visa. Through gckey.
Have u heard anything since applying, also has your mom done an upfront medical. My MIL did and her medical passed the same day she did biometrics that was March 29. If u have yet to get her medical I highly recommend you do so as It will shorten the time you have to wait for approval.

Annina

Apr 6, 2022
Hi , I have been seeing posts about old portal and new portal. I registered for my In laws using https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html by GC key. Is this new portal or old portal ?
So I was basically in the same situation as yourself. I applied threw the same portal that you have mentioned and also thought that this was in fact the most current portal to apply. When I google this is what came up. After applying I had come to find out that this is in fact the Old Portal and the new one is three IRCC. I have recently created an account with the Nee portal but reluctant about re submitting another application.
Sum it all up it’s The Old one lol.

Annina

Apr 6, 2022
So I was basically in the same situation as yourself. I applied threw the same portal that you have mentioned and also thought that this was in fact the most current portal to apply. When I google this is what came up. After applying I had come to find out that this is in fact the Old Portal and the new one is three IRCC. I have recently created an account with the Nee portal but reluctant about re submitting another application.
Sum it all up it’s The Old one lol.
I submitted my MIL application on March 25 and Her Medical was passed on March 29 we did a upfront medical as to why it cleared so quickly. Aprox 1 month prior.

Sun1407

Mar 10, 2022
Hello everyone

I applied for supervisa for my mother and below is the timeline:

Mar 13 2022: Application submitted
March 21: Medical Request
March 30: Medical done
Apr 12: Medical passed
Apr 19 : Biometrics valid letter

Review of eligibility started but no PPR yet.
Any idea how long will it take for the decision

GamaGreen

Apr 24, 2022
Hello guys thanks for the Add
I am bumping this forum as my question is regarding supper visa
i have one question
CAN I USE MY CIC ACCOUNT TO APPLY FOR MY PARENTS SUPER VISA ??? OR DO MY PARENTS NEED TO GO TO CIC.GC.CA AND REGISTER AND CREATE their own ACCOUNT ?
thanks in advance