+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

(Super Delay) Work Permit Extension (inland) Timelines Here...

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
For inland applicants, after work permit extension request is approved. What is the procedure afterwards? Do we need to send our passports for stamping to Ottawa? If yes, could you share the recent timeline for visa stamping?
"Procedure" as in getting your WP? It should come by mail. No, you don't need to send passport for getting WP. Passport is needed for TRV only. WP is a separate piece of paper. At border they at times staple it to the passport but it is not mandetory to keep it stapled on your Passport.

What gets stamped and pasted on your Passport is TRV, which as you might have guessed is applied for separately.

I am sorry if it's a very basic question. I know TRV is Temporary resident visa ? Do we need to apply for this separately after the WP extension request is approved?
Yes, you need to apply for TRV separately.
Yes, you should apply for TRV once your WP extension has been approved. The slight leeway is that you don't need to wait for the actual WP to arrive. You can apply right away you get WP approval email and can use that and screenshot of your IRCC login with approval message.

rdesai90

Jun 26, 2020
Thank you @GandiBaat for your reply. I have travel plans so I will be needing TRV to come back to Canada.

Could you please share the following information :
Where can I apply for TRV ? Through my IRCC account?
Approximate timeline for TRV approval ?
Is there a CIC link where I can find more details about this.

Thanks.

Reactions: Walle_007

Walle_007

Aug 8, 2019
Thank you @GandiBaat for your reply. I have travel plans so I will be needing TRV to come back to Canada.

Could you please share the following information :

Thanks.
Following ( same question )..

Have travel plans in jan. Visitor visa processing time if applied within Canada shows 51 days while from my home country says 350 days. Let's say if bopw is approved after I travel ...well processing time be as 350days ? Or because I will have bopw approved ....its different ?

Expert answers plz

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Yes, you can apply though your IRCC account.

Approximate timeline for TRV these days (as told by CIC) is about 57 days or so : https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

Here is more official information : https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/apply-new-temporary-resident-visa-within-canada.html

Reactions: rdesai90

Shravan81patel

Star Member
May 4, 2019
it seems like everyone is applying for TRV after getting wp approved..the timeline for TRV is going up...on october 15th the processing time was just 40 days and on november 2nd it went upto 51 days and now its 57 days..

rdesai90

Jun 26, 2020
Thank you @GandiBaat . Sorry, if this sounds like a basic question and I sound repetitive.
@Shravan81patel , If you have an idea about this, I would request you to share some information too.

1. Is TRV for Visitor visa ?

2. One thing is getting work permit approval for which we will get the WP document on our home address. For the WP stamping on my passport which says WORKER, for that too we have to start a new application? I guess for passport stamping we have to send it to Ottawa if we are inland applicants. My understanding was we need this stamping on our passport if we are travelling. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Shravan81patel

Star Member
May 4, 2019
Thank you @GandiBaat . Sorry, if this sounds like a basic question and I sound repetitive.
@Shravan81patel , If you have an idea about this, I would request you to share some information too.

2. One thing is getting work permit approval for which we will get the WP document on our home address. For the WP stamping on my passport which says WORKER, for that too we have to start a new application? I guess for passport stamping we have to send it to Ottawa if we are inland applicants. My understanding was we need this stamping on our passport if we are travelling. Please correct me if I am wrong.
yes your understanding is correct from the information that i have.

We dont need to send our passport for any stamping of work permit

For TRV visa we have to apply online and when it is approved we have to send our passport for visa sticker

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
TRV = Temporary Resident Visa. It is itself a "visitor visa". It allows you to seem temporary residence in Canada. When you get that visa it will have "W-1" class like previous one.

There are two concepts in Canadian immigrations : Visa and Permits. Visa allows you to travel to the country and present yourself infront of the the immigration officer. Permits allow you to do a specific thing in Canada like study and work. Visa is usually stamped on Passport or stuck on passport. Permit is a separate document and can be stapled to the passport but not necessary.

When you initally apply from outside, you get a visa (W-1) visa and a letter which recommends you to be issued with a permit when you arrive. The visa is stamped or stuck on our passport. Airlines look at this visa and allow you to board the plane to Canada. Canadian officials look at the passport and visa and ask if you have a permit. If you don't they then take the recommendation letter issued to you by IRCC and issue a permit. So when you go out of the airport you have both a permit and a visa.

When you permit is about to expires (and so does your visa), you apply for renewing permit. IRCC issues new permit. But your visa is still expired. So you apply for a new visa ... under "Visitor visa" catagory.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
What gets stamped on your passport is NOT WP. It is TRV or Visitor visa. You need a separate application for getting the new TRV aka Visitor Visa, Worker-Class. For Stamping you will need to send your passport. And yes you are right, you need visa to re-enter canada from Airport.

Here are pictures to help

TRV/Visitor visa :

Work Permit (It will be visually similar to below, but the below one is something called "Visitor Record"):

Last edited:

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
it seems like everyone is applying for TRV after getting wp approved..the timeline for TRV is going up...on october 15th the processing time was just 40 days and on november 2nd it went upto 51 days and now its 57 days..
Could be anything. Study permit processing time was increasing sometimes back without any new applications. The times are historic. IE, they are trailing indicators and may or may not be the time taken by a future application.

Gaurav.Projekt

May 7, 2020
ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
28-08-2020
AOR Received.
28-08-2020
Med's Done....
19-10-2020
Passport Req..
NA
What gets stamped on your passport is NOT WP. It is TRV or Visitor visa. You need a separate application for getting the new TRV aka Visitor Visa, Worker-Class. For Stamping you will need to send your passport. And yes you are right, you need visa to re-enter canada from Airport.

Here are pictures to help

TRV/Visitor visa :

Work Permit:
Hi, Can you please remove Visa and Work Permit images from your above post. That looks sensitive info of someone whoever its and irrespective of current status but you shouldn't publish here on this site. NO offense to rest of the info. Hope you understand!

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Hi, Can you please remove Visa and Work Permit images from your above post. That looks sensitive info of someone whoever its and irrespective of current status but you shouldn't publish here on this site. NO offense to rest of the info. Hope you understand!
Both are present on google images. Its actually the first results if you search TRV.
Anyways, I updated the TRV and WP image to be from cic.gc.ca. This image is specimen image from IRCC's own website.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gaurav.Projekt

Gaurav.Projekt

May 7, 2020
ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
28-08-2020
AOR Received.
28-08-2020
Med's Done....
19-10-2020
Passport Req..
NA
Both are present on google images. Its actually the first results if you search TRV.
Anyways, I updated the TRV and WP image to be from cic.gc.ca. This image is specimen image from IRCC's own website.
Okay thanks man, Appreciated!