+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

(Super Delay) Work Permit Extension (inland) Timelines Here...

Shravan81patel

Star Member
May 4, 2019
Hello Guys,
I have a question. I had applied for Global Talent Stream Visa for Canada 3 Months ago. We all know that the processing time for GTS is 2 weeks but now it's 3 months after biometric I am still awaiting a response from Embassy. Is anyone have an idea that how much it will take to process my visa or due to Covid the processing time will also increasing?

------------------My timeline--------------------
Application submitted online: August 04, 2020
Biometrics Letter: August 06, 2020
Completed Biometrics: August 10, 2020

Can anyone tell me how much time it will take?
It depends..in which countru did u applied? VAC is working in that country or not?? Rite now from inside canada it takes 5 to 6 months

maejin

Oct 28, 2020
I applied from Pakistan and yes VAC is open here because I already did my biometric from the VAC center.
There is a whatapp group, based on the talks there, currently there is no 2-week processing for GTS anywhere because of COVID-19. A couple of months processing is the most lucky case, it is common to take 3~4 months, even 1 year for extreme case.

Burhan230

Nov 3, 2020
There is a WhatsApp group, based on the talks there, currently, there is no 2-week processing for GTS anywhere because of COVID-19. A couple of months processing is the luckiest case, it is common to take 3~4 months, even 1 year for extreme cases.
Oh, I see. Let c hope for the best

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
143 days processing delay according to the website. Was 145 a week back.

Lets see.

Walle_007

Aug 8, 2019
Hi All,
I got the approval letter, but not the hard copy in the mail yet. Do you know how long it will take to arrive? I may need to travel in a month or so, but the visa processing time takes 50days. So I want to apply ASAP.
Can I apply for a visitor visa with uploading the Work permit extension approval letter? Or I have to wait the hard copy and then apply for the visa?
O man ..I am exactly in same position . Applied bowp on oct 6. My work permit expiring end of Jan 2021 and I am flying back home 2nd week of jan 2021...so all in all have 3 months 1 week from date of application. ( oct 6)

I called ircc yesterday and asked if I can apply for trv in advance before bowp approval she said yes you can. I asked her to email me the link. But honestly that was something else .end of story we can't.

Another question I have is if I apply for trv after bowp approval from my backhome what processing time will apply?? 51 days as for in Canada or 340days as for my country, Pakistan?

Shravan81patel

Star Member
May 4, 2019
O man ..I am exactly in same position . Applied bowp on oct 6. My work permit expiring end of Jan 2021 and I am flying back home 2nd week of jan 2021...so all in all have 3 months 1 week from date of application. ( oct 6)

I called ircc yesterday and asked if I can apply for trv in advance before bowp approval she said yes you can. I asked her to email me the link. But honestly that was something else .end of story we can't.

Another question I have is if I apply for trv after bowp approval from my backhome what processing time will apply?? 51 days as for in Canada or 340days as for my country, Pakistan?
dont go home without TRV, one of my friend got stuck in india and now they also reject his work permit application, since she is out of canada

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
dont go home without TRV, one of my friend got stuck in india and now they also reject his work permit application, since she is out of canada
True, one must be really careful. While on implied status, you should not take chances.

Shravan81patel

Star Member
May 4, 2019
I received hard copy of my extended closed WP today, it is issued on 13th November, i applied it on 20th july! I had done it through immigration consultant so i dont know if it was approved online!!!

Reactions: Gaurav.Projekt

Gaurav.Projekt

May 7, 2020
ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
28-08-2020
AOR Received.
28-08-2020
Med's Done....
19-10-2020
Passport Req..
NA
I received hard copy of my extended closed WP today, it is issued on 13th November, i applied it on 20th july! I had done it through immigration consultant so i dont know if it was approved online!!!
If you have received the hard copy so that means its already approved online. You might not aware because you've applied through immigration consultant. If you really want to check then you can ask your consultant for the same or get an online account credential from them.

Shravan81patel

Star Member
May 4, 2019
If you have received the hard copy so that means its already approved online. You might not aware because you've applied through immigration consultant. If you really want to check then you can ask your consultant for the same or get an online account credential from them.
hi gaurav ,
Yes i know that i didnt get update becayse it was not applied from my gc account.

However i have some queries

1.do i need to get my passport stamped or any other formalities i need to do after getting my wp??

2. I applied for new TRV online from my GC account by myself. Now when i applied it 1 month ago while filling the form, under current status i mentioned implied status and now i want to update it with new work permit number...so how can i do that?? Do i have to use webform or something...because i dont want to get my visa rejected and i dont want to pay consultant because i already paid lots of charges for PR application and WP application also i applied it in advance to save the time because i want to travel to india in december and i wanted to save time

Shravan81patel

Star Member
May 4, 2019

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
2. I applied for new TRV online from my GC account by myself. Now when i applied it 1 month ago while filling the form, under current status i mentioned implied status and now i want to update it with new work permit number...so how can i do that?? Do i have to use webform or something...because i dont want to get my visa rejected and i dont want to pay consultant because i already paid lots of charges for PR application and WP application also i applied it in advance to save the time because i want to travel to india in december and i wanted to save time
You should not have applied without having an approval for WP, AFAIK.

Can you update your inflight application? I don't know. Its not in SoP. I don't know what IRCC will think of it.

Shravan81patel

Star Member
May 4, 2019
TRV needs a separate application. You can apply it even before your work permit got approved or your WP delivered to you. Thankfully, it takes just 40 days these days.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5553-applying-change-conditions-extend-your-stay-canada-worker.html
See i read your post and applied it before my wp got approved and now u r telling me why did i applied before i get my wp approved:D

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
See i read your post and applied it before my wp got approved and now u r telling me why did i applied before i get my wp approved:D
I was corrected for my error by someone in the thread. I was wrong.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/super-delay-work-permit-extension-inland-timelines-here.578262/post-8931150

Well. Thats not true. I am in work permit status till now, to apply TRV you need valid work
Permit or visitor record to get stamped. These are mandatory docs while submitting application. Since my status in Canada is work permit, i need to wait till my extension is done. Now, with my extended work permit I can apply TRv and probably i will get stamping till WP validity.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/super-delay-work-permit-extension-inland-timelines-here.578262/post-8931381